I Don't Have Any Guns...

I don't feel the need 'cause I live in a fairly low-crime area...

and the government hasn't quite gotten to the point of being terribly oppressive...

but I'm thinking it may be time to rethink my complacent attitude...

so that, at the very least, I can hand down to my children and grandchildren the means to fight against a potentially out-of-control oppressive government...

I think all parents should teach their children at least two things:

How to swim

How to use firearms

and the government hasn't quite gotten to the point of being terribly oppressive...

so that, at the very least, I can hand down to my children and grandchildren the means to fight against a potentially out-of-control oppressive government...

I am considering the same.

ar style weapons are popular because they're light, and have little recoil. They're great for the wife and kids.
Not a lot of mechanism to em where you're having to learn hold a heavy rifle and pull and return a bolt
ammo is cheaper than other ammo. I'm reloading at half the cost of store bought ammo
at a 100 yards I can keep my grouping inside a quarter, so they can be reloaded to be very accurate.
I'm betting I could set out 10 quarter-sized targets, on 5 foot intervals at 100 yards and you couldn't hit within a foot of any single one of them.

Besides, for personal defense purposes, the target will seldom be more than a few feet from your gun. If you shoot a perp at 100 yards, you'd better have a good excuse.

Get yourself a cowboy .45 and learn how to shoot from the hip into a 100 pound sack of corn....use the force, Luke! Use the force!:eusa_angel:

ar style weapons are popular because they're light, and have little recoil. They're great for the wife and kids.
Not a lot of mechanism to em where you're having to learn hold a heavy rifle and pull and return a bolt
ammo is cheaper than other ammo. I'm reloading at half the cost of store bought ammo
at a 100 yards I can keep my grouping inside a quarter, so they can be reloaded to be very accurate.
I'm betting I could set out 10 quarter-sized targets, on 5 foot intervals at 100 yards and you couldn't hit within a foot of any single one of them.

Besides, for personal defense purposes, the target will seldom be more than a few feet from your gun. If you shoot a perp at 100 yards, you'd better have a good excuse.

Get yourself a cowboy .45 and learn how to shoot from the hip into a 100 pound sack of corn....use the force, Luke! Use the force!:eusa_angel:

You seem so sure of yourself... Hitting a quarter at 100 yards is a piece of cake. I could probably teach even you to do it in an hour or so.

Smart move.

As I recall, you've usually been a dumb-fuck jerk regarding lawful gun ownership, J-man...

so... what's changed, attitude-wise, if anything...?

You recall incorrectly. I do now, and always have, spoken in defense the 2nd Amendment and of NO new gun control measures either local or national. As a matter of fact, I have spoken often of erasing some of the current CC laws in various liberal jurisdictions. I personally own over 2 dozen legally purchased firearms, including two fully automatic firearms, and recommend that EVERY law abiding citizen have at least one rifle/shotgun and one sidearm for every family member in their possesion.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddi2TBnzdPo"]Mike & The Mechanics - Silent Running ( with LYRICS ) - YouTube[/ame]

It's OK Bill, I have enough guns for both of us.

That sure makes you seem like a bad ass. You bad ass, you!

Only a moron thinks guns make anyone a badass, or that people with guns think they're badasses for having them, but I've know that, you bieng a moron, since our little discussion on the defferences between the races. Your liberal propoganda filled mind is so programmed to spew out the left's programmed repsponses, it's too simple to guess how you will respond to almost any post someone makes.

It's OK Bill, I have enough guns for both of us.

That sure makes you seem like a bad ass. You bad ass, you!

Only a moron thinks guns make anyone a badass, or that people with guns think they're badasses for having them, but I've know that, you bieng a moron, since our little discussion on the defferences between the races. Your liberal propoganda filled mind is so programmed to spew out the left's programmed repsponses, it's too simple to guess how you will respond to almost any post someone makes.

we're the liberals version of the 47 pct.

That stick won't do you any good against a load of buckshot fired from 10 feet away now will it.

The stick won't do him any good if someone like me comes at him empty handed.

Nice try Sambo

I'd kick the likes of you up and down the road and leave you whimpering like the pussy you are

Doubtful, but anytime you'd like to try, World's Gym Mechanicsville Md, M-W-F-S, you know what I look like I'll arrange some ring time for us at another local gym.

Nice try Sambo

I'd kick the likes of you up and down the road and leave you whimpering like the pussy you are

Doubtful, but anytime you'd like to try, World's Gym Mechanicsville Md, M-W-F-S, you know what I look like I'll arrange some ring time for us at another local gym.

[ame=http://youtu.be/pHU6K47qgc8]Thunderdome Intro - Dying Time - YouTube[/ame]

Nice try Sambo

What are you gunna do? Cry?

I'll kick your ass just like I did to Scud Farkas in the fourth grade

Run away Sambo

Nice try Sambo

What are you gunna do? Cry?

I'll kick your ass just like I did to Scud Farkas in the fourth grade

Run away Sambo

I see where scud is suing christmas story for the rights over his character and him not getting paid enough money.

I don't have any guns either, they're expensive, generally bulky, hard to move, unless they come equipped with wheels and generally ya can't get ammo for them unless you manufacture it yourself. And that you can only do with some older guns, generally the ones made out of brass.

Well, it isn't likely to happen this time - there is not enough support for the bill in either house. Everybody knows that this is a power play and the only ones it will hurt are the American public and those that attempt to follow through. If on the other hand it does pass, after a thousand die the supreme court will rule it is unconstitutional and the dead become heros to those people who fought for their rights and the nation will suffer for a while after that. I don't know if that will be the end of it or if the next president might try again but this is one right that actually has the power to back it up. If you don't believe that then consider that in the last few months enough guns have been purchased to arm the armies of the Republic of China and the army of India. We have more guns and more people than the American military and we have something to fight for - some of the military and National Guard will join us but even if they don't most soldiers will not fire on American civilians willing to fight and die for the constitution - that has already been proven. I find it hard to believe it would come to that and I hope it won't.

Forum List

Back