"I don't think $3.5 million is a heck of a lot of money"

Procrustes Stretched

Dante's Manifesto
Dec 1, 2008
"I don't think $3.5 million is a heck of a lot of money," "It seems fanciful to think" the Congress. US Senators or US Representatives will feel indebted to their party's big donors. - Conservative Supreme Court Justice, Antonin Scalia

"You give $3.5 million, you get a very, very special place at the table," Liberal Supreme Court Justice, Elena Kagan
---
source: LATimes - October 9, 2013 - David Savage
---

:eusa_whistle:

Supreme Court Justices Antonin Scalia and Anthony M. Kennedy (who usually have very unrealistic views about money and politics) battled with Solicitor, General Donald Verrilli Jr., over the current system of campaign finance that allows money to flow freely to outside groups (super pacs and whatnot),, but not to the major parties.

"The consequence," said Justice Scalia "is to sap the vitality of political parties and to encourage drive-by PACs for each election."

Solicitor General, Verrilli ignoring the Court's hand in creating such a sceanrio and behavior was saved by Justice Kagan commenting "I suppose if this court is having second thoughts about it's rulings, we could change that part of the law " - of course laughter followed that gem :eusa_whistle:

Yet Dante supports striking down some if not all the limits on campaign funding.

If people are too busy, stupid, or too gullible and ignorant to see through things, the American experiment deserves to go the way of the Flintstones and Rubbles.

Forum List

Back