I finally renewed by Obamacare, but my 21-year-old son got kicked off the plan

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
They told me that since my 21-year-old son works for a living, and pays his own taxes, if he was included in my Obamacare plan, only he would get the tax subsidy and I would have to pay full price without the subsidy.

So, my son will get his own health insurance. He called, and they said they could not take his phone call, but they promised to call him back and he would still get a healthcare plan within the deadline.

So really, you can keep your children on your Obamacare plan, but only if they live in your basement, don't work, and don't pay taxes. In other words, this part of the program is only for useless Millenials who have no ambition in life but to sponge off their parents.

My son, who works and pays taxes, has to get his own plan. Which makes sense, because he didn't vote for Obama so why should he benefit from Obamacare?

If your son was in college earning a master's, then he is indeed working. Only Republicans think education is useless and not worth anything. So don't be misled by Republicans. They will ruin your life.

26-years-old is pretty old to still be sponging off your parents' healthcare plan. By the time I was 26, I was married, had a full time job, and two children.

The program was designed so that any person 18 and older up to Medicare age would have to sign up for the insurance. Those who are in the low risk for needing health care would therefore be paying for the older folks. This was the age group that was focused on mandating insurance on because they are the least likely to purchase unless coerced by the government.
I presume, to get parents on board with college age children, they extended insurance up until 26 as long as they were students and not working.

Oddly, as a college student from 83-88, working part time and paying as I went, I was fully covered on my fathers union plan as long as I was a full time student. Within months after graduation, tho, I had to get my own.

Your scenario doesn't surprise me either.

If your son was in college earning a master's, then he is indeed working. Only Republicans think education is useless and not worth anything. So don't be misled by Republicans. They will ruin your life.
Republicans will ruin my life? How will they do that? Explain, in detail.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Forum List

Back