I give credit to you libs. You warned us cons if we voted for trump we'd get inflation and wars

Damn it. Why didn’t the Trump voters vote early and often like the Biden voters!?
Prove it or quit saying that. If you have no evidence there was fraudulent voting you are intentionally harming our democracy. No faith in elections, no democracy. Maybe that is what the Trump clan is all about. A point to ponder.

You guys cannot state a fact because it might be blasphemy? Is that it? There were very few trucks and cars moving, is that what you were trying to parse?
Maybe a fall in cars, but trucks still had to run to keep the shelves filled. The sad part is, Biden cannot even do that.

Prove it or quit saying that. If you have no evidence there was fraudulent voting you are intentionally harming our democracy. No faith in elections, no democracy. Maybe that is what the Trump clan is all about. A point to ponder.
We don’t have a democracy. There is already proof of voting theft. I don’t take advice from you. Please try to familiarize yourself with the fact that the United States of America is not now and has never been a “democracy.” We carefully avoided that, in fact, with steadfast determination. We are a REPUBLIC.

All that said, I wasn’t claiming that this election was stolen. In fact, I’ve been careful to distinguish between acknowledging what is clearly some voting theft and claiming that there was a sufficient amount in any state or states to have altered the electoral outcome.

We don’t have a democracy. There is already proof of voting theft. I don’t take advice from you. Please try to familiarize yourself with the fact that the United States of America is not now and has never been a “democracy.” We carefully avoided that, in fact, with steadfast determination. We are a REPUBLIC.

All that said, I wasn’t claiming that this election was stolen. In fact, I’ve been careful to distinguish between acknowledging what is clearly some voting theft and claiming that there was a sufficient amount in any state or states to have altered the electoral outcome.
The United States is a democratic republic. Somebody had 10th grade social studies class that made them a genius, huh? The voting is the democratic part.

The United States is a democratic republic. Somebody had 10th grade social studies class that made them a genius, huh? The voting is the democratic part.
Wrong. I don’t care if you did make it to 10th grade. Go back and get a remedial education. Our ability to steer our own government is intentionally diluted. We don’t have national plebiscites to make laws. We elect representatives instead.

We very carefully carved out a method for government which is designed to prevent the tyranny of a majority. If we were a democracy, that wouldn’t be the case. Thankfully, we are a Republic, instead.

You guys cannot state a fact because it might be blasphemy? Is that it? There were very few trucks and cars moving, is that what you were trying to parse?
Bullshit. Delivery services went through the roof during the pandemic, and government stimulus resulted in spikes in retail purchases, which had to get shipped through the standard supply chain and delivered to the purchasers. And that does not even account for high GDP states that did not lock down (or did so for a very short time) like Florida and Texas, among others. It sounds to me like you live in one of these Faucitopian hellholes where people are still locked down, masked & living in a state of perpetual fear...if so you should travel sometime, the rest of the country moved on a long time ago. And you have a warped view of the economy at the time because of it.

Just how fucking stupid are you? The price of gasoline in May 2020 was $1.96 per gallon. That was before everybody started freaking out about COVID.

Hey bullshit peddler, time for a reality check, US was already fully shut down by April 2020:

Last edited:
Bullshit. Delivery services went through the roof during the pandemic, and government stimulus resulted in spikes in retail purchases, which had to get shipped through the standard supply chain and delivered to the purchasers. And that does not even account for high GDP states that did not lock down (or did so for a very short time) like Florida and Texas, among others. It sounds to me like you live in one of these Faucitopian hellholes where people are still locked down, masked & living in a state of perpetual fear...if so you should travel sometime, the rest of the country moved on a long time ago. And you have a warped view of the economy at the time because of it.

Ok sandbox dwellers, time for a serious supply and demand data:

chart2.svg

It took over 2 years to recover demand to 2019 level.

Last edited:
Gas bottomed in April 2020 @1.77 per gallon then started to climb back up.

The timeline aligns with JGalt

Huh? JG said that May 2020 'was before everybody started freaking out about COVID' and also 'the entire country didn't go into shutdown until the winter of 2020.'

I'm not even concerned with the gas price timeline, but these comments are provably false.

Nashville starts closing bars and limiting restaurants on March 15, 2020;

Fayetteville starts shutting down businesses, March 23, 2020;

Little Rock mayor institutes a curfew, March 16, 2020;

Remember when everyone lost their minds and started hoarding toilet paper? April, 2020;

2020 NBA season was suspended on March 11, 2020;

2020 March Madness tournament was canceled on March 12, 2020;

and finally, on March 24, Trump wanted everything 'opened up by Easter (ie April), 2020;

People absolutely were 'freaking out about covid' BEFORE May of 2020, AND things were shut down well before 'winter of 2020.'

Your apology is accepted in advance.

I am bored. There were very few vehicles on the road right after lock down. I guess the alternate facts is trucks and deliveries spiked higher than ever. Florida and Texas I am sure probably had to borrow trucks from Mexico to deliver all their stuff. What ever. I dont care. During the early epidemic petroleum supplies were far greater than demand in the real world. I am not sure what happened in Trump land.

I am bored. There were very few vehicles on the road right after lock down. I guess the alternate facts is trucks and deliveries spiked higher than ever. Florida and Texas I am sure probably had to borrow trucks from Mexico to deliver all their stuff. What ever. I dont care. During the early epidemic petroleum supplies were far greater than demand in the real world. I am not sure what happened in Trump land.

Now you're just repeating yourself, while also ignoring the key fact that domestic energy production has been slashed since the start of 2021, compared to production levels under Trump, due to Biden's energy policies and executive orders, which started on day 1 of his term. This is a fact that cannot even be debated -- energy prices would be significantly lower if our domestic production of oil and NG increased to the point that domestic production exceeded consumption, as was the case when prices were at the pre-2021 levels.

Lesser-of-two-evils has us voting for bad candidates on purpose. Any moron can see that's a losing proposition.
I could say the same thing about the libertarian vote though as well.

I keep not voting for one of the two evils and I am getting hosed along with everyone else.

So, how do we break the power dynamic currently in Washington? That is the real question.

Forum List

Back