Zone1 I had MS when I was 38 years old.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
My story, I have MS since I was 38, I quit work when in 2006 I had a full attack which I could no longer work, as I wouldn't be dependable anymore. I was diagnosed in 1992. I have secondary progressive MS, SPMS. I'm at 68 now and I kept up with my RN license until 2 years ago, with hopes I'll be working soon. I still walking although, I use a walker when convenient. At home I'm walking around. So, from 85 thru 2006 I was a RN. When I first started became a RN I had to go to the library to lean things I didn't know about.

I bet you didn't know MS, relapsing MS turns into SPMS, I obviously had it a long time.
I have a wonderful husband, he's been married to over 36 years, going on 37 years.

When we started as a RN working in Green Bay, Wi, people were allowed to smoke, they had an ashtray on their bedside table.

My story, I have MS since I was 38, I quit work when in 2006 I had a full attack which I could no longer work, as I wouldn't be dependable anymore. I was diagnosed in 1992. I have secondary progressive MS, SPMS. I'm at 68 now and I kept up with my RN license until 2 years ago, with hopes I'll be working soon. I still walking although, I use a walker when convenient. At home I'm walking around. So, from 85 thru 2006 I was a RN. When I first started became a RN I had to go to the library to lean things I didn't know about.

I bet you didn't know MS, relapsing MS turns into SPMS, I obviously had it a long time.
I have a wonderful husband, he's been married to over 36 years, going on 37 years.

When we started as a RN working in Green Bay, Wi, people were allowed to smoke, they had an ashtray on their bedside table.
An inspiring story of perseverance as you continue to adapt in life. God Bless

Last edited:
I have severe spinal stenosis and finally was able to return to work full-time after a decade of operations.
Same here. Good to hear some surgeries are finally, really helping. I'll continue to pass for now. Tried and gave up on chiropractors long ago.
My story, I have MS since I was 38
I was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer in 2007. Fortunately, that was utter BS and I told them so. They proceeded to try and kill me with prescribed cancer drugs. I told them repeatedly that I had bought a bad, used microwave oven on eBay and hadn't stayed far enough away from it when others would use it sometimes. Real pretty thing, but couldn't get the door to seal properly at all. It had fried the optical region of my brain enough to suddenly obliterate my peripheral vision and make my vision worse otherwise so that I could no longer drive (work). My fault. Should have just tossed the thing immediately, but I figured it would do so long as we stayed well clear until I got around to buying another.

Refusing to be poisoned to death, they had me see a different neurologist who insisted that I must have MS because, ya know, no cases of bad microwave ovens causing peripheral blindness had ever been documented in the literature, so that simply couldn't be a thing! Eventually, he talked me into letting his aides perform a spinal tap in his office which just screwed up my back all the more and indicated no MS. He wanted to keep me as a lab rat for further study, but I'd had enough. My vision soon recovered enough for me to return to work for two years and fully after about four years. I have bad veins in my legs as well, but had successful operations on both that have allowed me to walk and stand much longer than before.

Life's a crap shoot. Gotta roll with the punches.

I remember when the seats on airliners had ashtrays.
When I was a young child almost all adults I was exposed to smoked. As I was becoming a teenager, many adults were quitting the habit, thank goodness. I never started because I hated being around smoke (unless it was smoke from a BBQ)

Same here. Good to hear some surgeries are finally, really helping. I'll continue to pass for now. Tried and gave up on chiropractors long ago.

I was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer in 2007. Fortunately, that was utter BS and I told them so. They proceeded to try and kill me with prescribed cancer drugs. I told them repeatedly that I had bought a bad, used microwave oven on eBay and hadn't stayed far enough away from it when others would use it sometimes. Real pretty thing, but couldn't get the door to seal properly at all. It had fried the optical region of my brain enough to suddenly obliterate my peripheral vision and make my vision worse otherwise so that I could no longer drive (work). My fault. Should have just tossed the thing immediately, but I figured it would do so long as we stayed well clear until I got around to buying another.

Refusing to be poisoned to death, they had me see a different neurologist who insisted that I must have MS because, ya know, no cases of bad microwave ovens causing peripheral blindness had ever been documented in the literature, so that simply couldn't be a thing! Eventually, he talked me into letting his aides perform a spinal tap in his office which just screwed up my back all the more and indicated no MS. He wanted to keep me as a lab rat for further study, but I'd had enough. My vision soon recovered enough for me to return to work for two years and fully after about four years. I have bad veins in my legs as well, but had successful operations on both that have allowed me to walk and stand much longer than before.

Life's a crap shoot. Gotta roll with the punches.

This is an amazing account of courage but of stunning cognitive dissonance from someone who

--saw the cause of his own illness
--refused to be treated with the "standard of care"
--saw that the medical establishment having "no cases" does not mean it isn't so

But ALSO, STILL believes the vaccines are safe and effective?

Humanity is a wild place. Wild.

Glad you've had a supportive spouse and that you can still walk.

Is your MS the reason you were so vicious about the vaccines? Did you think anyone who didn't get vaccinated was a threat to your health because of MS?

Now, this is a GREAT topic for Zone 1!

This is an amazing account of courage but of stunning cognitive dissonance from someone who

--saw the cause of his own illness
--refused to be treated with the "standard of care"
--saw that the medical establishment having "no cases" does not mean it isn't so

But ALSO, STILL believes the vaccines are safe and effective?

Humanity is a wild place. Wild.
I've obviously never claimed vaccines to be universally "safe and effective." Regarding COVID, I believe two to three shots to be far better than none, especially for those at highest risk of hospitalization due to infection. Vaccines are a great invention. Initially striving for herd immunity was an understandable, laudable goal. As with all, things obviously could have been done better in hindsight.

JGalt Hossfly Rambunctious bluzman61 miketx SweetSue92 shockedcanadian you DO realise don’t you you are offering sympathy to someone who once posted she hoped all people who did not take the vaccine died don’t you.? I got it archived I can post here if you wish,.also considering how she is never honest in debates and evades facts thst prove her wrong,I would take that post with a grain of salt.

I was trying to be nice today, but it didn't work out all that well.

Tomorrow I won't try to be so nice. :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
My inherited bad vein problem, which women usually suffer from more than men, has made my legs and feet highly susceptible to Athletes Foot fungus which has resulted in multiple, sudden, serious cellulitis outbreaks over the years, requiring at least month long treatments with strong antibiotics to beat it back.

So for anyone else here with Athlete's Foot issues -- naturally, I've tried everything under the Sun for decades just to keep my Athlete's Foot in check. It's everywhere so there's no getting away from it. However, mainly from shared elder care stories and experience, I've learned that a cheap little tub of generic vapor rub works at least as well as any of that overpriced crap on the market. Plus it's relatively fast and easy to apply. Under and between the toes, under and on top of the nails. Can't get it fully under the nails of course, but it stops any existing fungus from spreading, keeps the nails from cracking as much, and seems to help the cuticles out as well.

I started smoking in 1951 and that's been 72 years. I use to smoke 3 packs a day for years and I'm now down to a pack a day. I have no breathing problems and 6 months ago my doctor said I have the biggest lungs he ever saw.
Smoking isn't bad for everyone. You are proof of that. I believe smoking can even help some people be healthier if it is a way for them not to be too fat due to over eating.

Forum List

Back