I Have a New Insult…

Bob Blaylock

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2015
In speaking of a bucket that I have prepared at work, for fire caulk, I realized that when spoken out loud, “Caulk Bucket” sounds like something very rude to call someone, as an insult.

CaulkBucket900x1200.jpg

It does sound like a good insult. In Jr. High school I started calling the school bully Lard Bucket until people said I was the bully. I used drywall mud as a fire block with strips of drywall.

It does sound like a good insult. In Jr. High school I started calling the school bully Lard Bucket until people said I was the bully.

My generation was taught, “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.” Bullying, back then, necessarily, by definition, involved force or violence, or at least a credible threat thereof.

I am amazed and saddened at how pussified later generations have become, where this is concerned.

I used drywall mud as a fire block with strips of drywall.

I do not think that would pass current NFPA standards. Fire caulk is specifically made to stay in place, and to react to fire in a manner that causes it to more firmly seal the opening sin which it is placed.

Drywall mud would most likely just crack and crumble.

It does sound like a good insult. In Jr. High school I started calling the school bully Lard Bucket until people said I was the bully.

Forum List

Back