I have been Called to the Principal's Office

Samson, have you gotten a response yet from district offices?

The next step is the Principal's report sent to a "Committee appointed by the Superintendent of his Designee."

According to published district policy, this report must happen within 10 days, and I should also receive a copy, so I'll look for in on November 9th.

The next step is the Principal's report sent to a "Committee appointed by the Superintendent of his Designee."

According to published district policy, this report must happen within 10 days, and I should also receive a copy, so I'll look for in on November 9th.

I look forward to the response. This certainly seems like something the principal should have been able to handle, don't you think?

I look forward to the response. This certainly seems like something the principal should have been able to handle, don't you think?

Yes, in fact, I clearly asked if I should:

1. Let him handle it, or;
2. send him the complaint package (complaint form, meeting minutes, sign-in sheet, and 4 emails (before and after the meeting requesting one graded paper/week and not getting it from the particular teacher).

Astonishingly, his reply was not affirmative to the former, so he got the latter response.

Maybe he want's ammo to crucify her for this and other things?

2. send him the complaint package (complaint form, meeting minutes, sign-in sheet, and 4 emails (before and after the meeting requesting one graded paper/week and not getting it from the particular teacher).

Astonishingly, his reply was not affirmative to the former, so he got the latter response.

That may be the case. It will be interesting to see how it all works out. How big is your district?

That may be the case. It will be interesting to see how it all works out. How big is your district?

Not nearly as big as an Urban district, but bigger than a Rural district.

Not nearly as big as an Urban district, but bigger than a Rural district.

I'm interested in how this plays out. Keep us informed. :cool:

Why don't they just send the graded assignments home with your spawn?

Isn't that how they do it? Or do teachers these days horde all the assignments?

Well, the slave isn't the most reliable conveyance, but after a fuckin' month I expect him to have the proceeedure of receiving a paper, transporting it home, letting me know he has it, and if necessary returning it to school.

Some complain that I'm interfering with their horde, arguing that they like to wait until "The end of the Unit" to send all the graded work home. But what I'm seeing is lost of grade entries that do not require ANY objective evaluation: "Participation" grades, and very few quizzes, tests, and things that require a student to place their pencil to a piece of paper!!

Good luck. They bypassed the principal altogether and I got called to the District Office last year after discovering by sheer accident that my pups had been yanked from their educational environment and placed in enrichment classes twice a week so I demanded to see their IEP's - as required by law - to find out exactly what "enriching" activities they were participating in. I won. Eventually. :eusa_angel:

you should have a copy of their IEP's at home.

those "enrichment activities" are usually precision teaching to work on weaknesses, right?

So in effect you did not win, you just got your way.

Last edited:
I'm not interested in 30 apocryphal parents with 30 apocryphal requests. .

This was my prepared statement should anyone have brought up the issue: I really couldn't give a shit about a hypothetical 30, 31, 32, or 175 other parents.

Either respond to MY complaint, or don't.

If you don't, then explain to the District Superintendent, and the Board of Education why my expectation is unreasonable.

I have not read through the entire thread and what you ask seems reasonable. but at the same time you come off as a confrontational smart-assed know it all.

Could that be part of the problem?

I'm not interested in 30 apocryphal parents with 30 apocryphal requests. .

This was my prepared statement should anyone have brought up the issue: I really couldn't give a shit about a hypothetical 30, 31, 32, or 175 other parents.

If you don't, then explain to the District Superintendent, and the Board of Education why my expectation is unreasonable.

I have not read through the entire thread and what you ask seems reasonable. but at the same time you come off as a confrontational smart-assed know it all.

No.

No.

again if all you want is some test papers I would not see the problem. I would make sure you got them. but then after you get them, then what? will you find some other excuse to badger the teacher?

Last edited:
You know what I find odd? I never see kids with books in backpacks. Never see homework. Always empty packs full of toys, snacks and notices for parents. I drive for 4 charter schools, and with the rarest exception, children have no homework. When I was their age, I was constantly lugging 3-4 books home to study. I had backpacks wear out from carrying heavy loads. Now the heaviest thing the kids seem to carry is their PSP and CD case.

I'm at a loss.

No.

again if all you want is some test papers I would not see the problem. I would make sure you got them. but then after you get them, then what? will you find some other excuse to badger the teacher?

Maybe. What's you're point?

You know what I find odd? I never see kids with books in backpacks. Never see homework. Always empty packs full of toys, snacks and notices for parents. I drive for 4 charter schools, and with the rarest exception, children have no homework. When I was their age, I was constantly lugging 3-4 books home to study. I had backpacks wear out from carrying heavy loads. Now the heaviest thing the kids seem to carry is their PSP and CD case.

I'm at a loss.

Well, HOMEWORK is another subject entirely, and would make for an interesting thread; However, I'm not worried about it, per-se.

My issue is that there seems to be NO work, home or otherwise, NOTHING going on.

Well, the slave isn't the most reliable conveyance, but after a fuckin' month I expect him to have the proceeedure of receiving a paper, transporting it home, letting me know he has it, and if necessary returning it to school.

Some complain that I'm interfering with their horde, arguing that they like to wait until "The end of the Unit" to send all the graded work home. But what I'm seeing is lost of grade entries that do not require ANY objective evaluation: "Participation" grades, and very few quizzes, tests, and things that require a student to place their pencil to a piece of paper!!

What grade is the child in? How long has school been in session? Were there problems last year?

10th

about a month: I know, not much time, but GET THE LEAD OUT!

Problems EVERY year....wait until 9 weeks are up, then WFT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING??? has been SOP. Not so this year.

English 10, for example....I have not seen a graded paper for the past TWO WEEKS?

Biology? Nothing but one paper with three questions graded.:evil:

I'm not surprised that the spawn is lazy. He has a parent too lazy to go an pick up the papers himself.

That's the rightings culture of dependency. They expect the govt to do it for them

Would you like some govt cheese to go with that rightwing whine?

Storing kids so they don't block traffic. That explains why I won't drive public schools or the private Jihad factories some schools here are.

You wanted the principal to handle your childs laziness?

I'm at a loss.
Most schools give kids a cd that contains the textbook...or a book to leave at home and a class room book to use at school. This is because schools have done away with lockers and carrying around 5 - 8 heavy books is unfeasible.

When did you go to school, in the stone age? :lol:

No, the teachers' laziness.

Last edited:

No, the teachers' laziness.

Edited by Intense. No Family Attacks! Taboo!

Forum List

Back