I have experiences leading me to believe there is a God

This thread is about why the guy believes. I'm just telling him those aren't good enough for us. You know who is is. You argue with us everyday.

I hate it when idiots say we reject god. No we don't. He would have to exist and I would have to then reject him. I simply reject your stories. No God to reject.

Again... psychologically, you are associating yourself with "US" ...a group of like-minded God deniers. This is very telling from a strictly psychoanalytical standpoint. You don't speak for anyone other than yourself... you're not speaking as the head of some organization or something, are you?

Why can't you say "I'm just telling him those aren't good enough for me."? Then you go on to talk about "WE" instead of yourself personally. This tells me that you would have a very difficult time accepting your own stated beliefs if you didn't feel you were part of a larger group. It is the comfort of the group which emboldens you.
you too.. that's why you don't hear people talking about the Lord anymore. It's not a given he exists like in the past. Strength in numbers. A benefit of religion

Here's one.

For years, I had been suffering deep, dark, depression, a total sense of hopelessness that made me want to die. I wouldn't kill myself, but I desperately wanted to die.

One day, after I had lost a job, I got down on my knees and desperately prayed to God to release me of my depression. It wasn't like a casual prayer, it was a total prayer, from deep in my soul, a prayer of total desperation because I had reached the end of my rope.

At the next moment, the depression was lifted, and I felt my soul liberated in a way I had never felt before.

Since that day, I have had problems, but I have never suffered the kind of deep depression and hopelessness that I had felt before.
You weren't depressed any longer because you were released from a shit job. Why would a god make you depressed in the first place? He likes to see people beg?

Humility builds character

So god wants you depressed because he didn't build enough character into us in the first place?

Here's one.

For years, I had been suffering deep, dark, depression, a total sense of hopelessness that made me want to die. I wouldn't kill myself, but I desperately wanted to die.

One day, after I had lost a job, I got down on my knees and desperately prayed to God to release me of my depression. It wasn't like a casual prayer, it was a total prayer, from deep in my soul, a prayer of total desperation because I had reached the end of my rope.

At the next moment, the depression was lifted, and I felt my soul liberated in a way I had never felt before.

Since that day, I have had problems, but I have never suffered the kind of deep depression and hopelessness that I had felt before.
You weren't depressed any longer because you were released from a shit job. Why would a god make you depressed in the first place? He likes to see people beg?
No, he was released from depression because God heard his plea and answered his prayer.
Why did god make him depressed in the first place?
Maybe that was the only way to bring him to salvation.
Maybe so he could come here, write about it, and thereby expose the demons that flit around...
who knows. Not me, I'm not God.

Here's one.

No, he was released from depression because God heard his plea and answered his prayer.

Why don't you ask the same questions about science as you do theology?

Here's one.

Maybe so he could come here, write about it, and thereby expose the demons that flit around...
God made everything, so why the need to make him depressed to find salvation? Why would a god build us and then subject us to bad things so we beg it for help? Dude not too bright? Or just plain evil?

Here's one.

So god wants you depressed because he didn't build enough character into us in the first place?

Life would be to easy that way,.don't you think?

Here's one.

Why don't you ask the same questions about science as you do theology?

Because science isn't pretending to believe in an invisible superbeing that lives in another dimension that no one has ever seen?

Here's one.

Why? It should be hard? For what purpose?

Here's one.

God made everything, so why the need to make him depressed to find salvation? Why would a god build us and then subject us to bad things so we beg it for help? Dude not too bright? Or just plain evil?

You have to learn, that's the only way to build a person up.

Learning is cool, but I never needed an invisible friend to learn.

Here's one.

To give you wisdom, to give you scars..

Wisdom and knowledge is two different things..learn the difference.

I have PLENTY of scars, lol, but I never needed an invisible friend to acquire them.

But that invisible friend is carrying you right now.

Says who?

I have PLENTY of scars, lol, but I never needed an invisible friend to acquire them.

Yea and he wants you to learn from those scars.

I used to be like you 30 years ago..

I gained wisdom.

Says who?

You are alive today right?

This thread is about why the guy believes. I'm just telling him those aren't good enough for us. You know who is is. You argue with us everyday.

I hate it when idiots say we reject god. No we don't. He would have to exist and I would have to then reject him. I simply reject your stories. No God to reject.

Again... psychologically, you are associating yourself with "US" ...a group of like-minded God deniers. This is very telling from a strictly psychoanalytical standpoint. You don't speak for anyone other than yourself... you're not speaking as the head of some organization or something, are you?

Why can't you say "I'm just telling him those aren't good enough for me."? Then you go on to talk about "WE" instead of yourself personally. This tells me that you would have a very difficult time accepting your own stated beliefs if you didn't feel you were part of a larger group. It is the comfort of the group which emboldens you.
you too.. that's why you don't hear people talking about the Lord anymore. It's not a given he exists like in the past. Strength in numbers. A benefit of religion

There has never been a time when it was a universal belief that God exists. There have always been those who don't believe. It is interesting, since we've had the ability to conduct worldwide surveys, the numbers haven't changed much.... 5% Nihilists -- 95% Non-Nihilist. That has been accurate for many decades.

Perhaps we should all be agnostic....

In a certain sense, we all are. Oh, I can see the lights going off in sillyboob's head... did Boss just say that? Yep... now let me qualify that remark....

We can agree that Billy Graham, the great evangelist, is probably one of the most devout Christians of our lifetime... correct? The man believes he is going to heaven after he dies, as do so many millions of Christians.

The thing is.... No one KNOWS. As much faith as Rev. Graham has, he doesn't KNOW and he won't KNOW until he dies. He believes he will.... he has faith that is the case... but he can't KNOW... no one can.

The bottom line is you and your atheist buddy's do what ever you want I am covering all my bases , death is real and it will happen....I have no desire to go to hell, would prefer a nice breakfast in heaven next to the Lord then that..

Perhaps we should all be agnostic....

In a certain sense, we all are. Oh, I can see the lights going off in sillyboob's head... did Boss just say that? Yep... now let me qualify that remark....

We can agree that Billy Graham, the great evangelist, is probably one of the most devout Christians of our lifetime... correct? The man believes he is going to heaven after he dies, as do so many millions of Christians.

The thing is.... No one KNOWS. As much faith as Rev. Graham has, he doesn't KNOW and he won't KNOW until he dies. He believes he will.... he has faith that is the case... but he can't KNOW... no one can.

So you prefer being a stupid ghost?

Forum List

Back