I have experiences leading me to believe there is a God

I just heard in America half of us say religion is important. In Canada, Europe and Australia only 25% say it's important. You don't realize it but we are losing our religion. We are shedding this primitive trait.

You can not say that Canada, Europe, Australia or America are getting more religious. None of them are.

I'm ok with your generic god. Harmless. It's the gods that cause people to make others feel bad about themselves or ones that get people to blow themselves up. Your generic god is ok in my book.

Here's the thing, that's not a valid representation of the entire world population. That's cherry-picking specific countries where you can make an argument that religion is on the decline. The truth of the matter is, in places across Africa, Asia and South America, religion is on the rise. More humans are practicing some form of religious belief now than any time in human history.

Here's another thing... Whenever the world or parts of the world experience some form of cataclysmic event, revival of religion always occurs. People tend to get on their knees and pray when things go bad. It's because we are inherently spiritual creatures and it's in our nature.

I believe you know in your heart that everything I am saying is true. You have some degree of belief in spirit. You are desperately trying to live in denial of it because you believe that is a popular viewpoint and it makes you part of the popular crowd. (You're actually in the vast minority.)

Now let me explain to you what the dangers are for intentionally attempting to deny your own spirituality. You acclimate yourself to the disbelief in anything greater than yourself. Once you've done that in your mind, you become unable to moor yourself to any true ethical value. All of your moral principles simply become self-defined and worthless. There is absolutely nothing to hold you accountable beyond your own conscience and this enables you to develop your own justifications for personal gratification.

As appealing as this may sound and as easy it is to fall into that mindset, it is the ultimate downfall of many a man. Eventually, you will come to realize your error but it be far too late to save you from what you've become. You will eventually die a lonely and miserable person with no redeeming values and very little, if any, respect from others. The longer you live in denial of your own spiritual health, the less likely it is that you can recover from this.

I know I'm in the minority. So who's trying to fit in. YOU are trying to show that your belief is popular not me. Well, I do like the fact that so many people don't believe. Yes, that does provide me comfort. Being an atheist is like being the only sober person at a party and no one will let you drive.

Yes, I am good despite not believing in god. And I don't feel the need to rape or murder because I don't think there is a punishment or reward in the there after.

This is a really funny post. I finally read your last paragraph. How depressing you are. I would hate to live in your skin.

So rape and murder are the only two morally corrupt actions one can commit? Lying, cheating and stealing can all be justified under the right circumstances, I suppose? Of course, if there is no consequences or accountability, what difference does it make? You can fuck the drunk chick at the party or suck a baby down a tube and no one is the wiser.... right? As long as you've justified it in your mind to accommodate your own self interests and gratification. See how that works?

I don't have to show my belief is popular. 5% Nihilists-- 95% Spiritual... it's consistent human nature. YOU are the one who tried to make the failed argument that people are becoming more "enlightened" and moving away from religion. Don't try to turn the tables back around and make that MY argument.

I just heard in America half of us say religion is important. In Canada, Europe and Australia only 25% say it's important. You don't realize it but we are losing our religion. We are shedding this primitive trait.

You can not say that Canada, Europe, Australia or America are getting more religious. None of them are.

I'm ok with your generic god. Harmless. It's the gods that cause people to make others feel bad about themselves or ones that get people to blow themselves up. Your generic god is ok in my book.

Here's the thing, that's not a valid representation of the entire world population. That's cherry-picking specific countries where you can make an argument that religion is on the decline. The truth of the matter is, in places across Africa, Asia and South America, religion is on the rise. More humans are practicing some form of religious belief now than any time in human history.

Here's another thing... Whenever the world or parts of the world experience some form of cataclysmic event, revival of religion always occurs. People tend to get on their knees and pray when things go bad. It's because we are inherently spiritual creatures and it's in our nature.

I believe you know in your heart that everything I am saying is true. You have some degree of belief in spirit. You are desperately trying to live in denial of it because you believe that is a popular viewpoint and it makes you part of the popular crowd. (You're actually in the vast minority.)

Now let me explain to you what the dangers are for intentionally attempting to deny your own spirituality. You acclimate yourself to the disbelief in anything greater than yourself. Once you've done that in your mind, you become unable to moor yourself to any true ethical value. All of your moral principles simply become self-defined and worthless. There is absolutely nothing to hold you accountable beyond your own conscience and this enables you to develop your own justifications for personal gratification.

As appealing as this may sound and as easy it is to fall into that mindset, it is the ultimate downfall of many a man. Eventually, you will come to realize your error but it be far too late to save you from what you've become. You will eventually die a lonely and miserable person with no redeeming values and very little, if any, respect from others. The longer you live in denial of your own spiritual health, the less likely it is that you can recover from this.

I know I'm in the minority. So who's trying to fit in. YOU are trying to show that your belief is popular not me. Well, I do like the fact that so many people don't believe. Yes, that does provide me comfort. Being an atheist is like being the only sober person at a party and no one will let you drive.

Yes, I am good despite not believing in god. And I don't feel the need to rape or murder because I don't think there is a punishment or reward in the there after.

This is a really funny post. I finally read your last paragraph. How depressing you are. I would hate to live in your skin.

So rape and murder are the only two morally corrupt actions one can commit? Lying, cheating and stealing can all be justified under the right circumstances, I suppose? Of course, if there is no consequences or accountability, what difference does it make? You can fuck the drunk chick at the party or suck a baby down a tube and no one is the wiser.... right? As long as you've justified it in your mind to accommodate your own self interests and gratification. See how that works?

I don't have to show my belief is popular. 5% Nihilists-- 95% Spiritual... it's consistent human nature. YOU are the one who tried to make the failed argument that people are becoming more "enlightened" and moving away from religion. Don't try to turn the tables back around and make that MY argument.

Lying, WMD's. Cheating, elections. Stealing their oil. Murdering Muslims. Yes, Christians can justify ANYTHING in the name of their god.

Half of Americans think religion is important. 25% in other normal countries and that number is getting bigger every year. It's coming.

Now it's 95% have "some if not the slightest inclination to believing that MAYBE there is something greater than self.

That's a lot different than being a Christian who thinks they are going to heaven and everyone else is going to hell. I'll take "spirituality" over religion any day.

there is no contraction Bossy its a finite angular loop that returns through acceleration to its origin - BB is cyclical.

Singularity is the cycles Apex - all theory's will have a Singularity as part of their component to resolve the answerable origin of the universe.

Nonsense is what it is. You can't have a "Singularity" if you can't find all your atoms. If all the matter is constantly moving further away it can't be coming together at the same time... that doesn't even comport with logic and reason, much less physics.

As much as you obviously believe you've solved the riddle, you haven't. Just do a Google search and see how many various opinions and ideas exist when pondering this question. To me, that should tell even the most stubborn and bullheaded moron in the world that it's, at the very least, not a certainty. And the question surely hasn't been answered.

To be sitting here, relentlessly arguing against physics and logic, making absolutely no sense whatsoever, and doing so as if you are certain you're absolutely correct, puts you in the category of an abject idiot who deserves no further comment.
... that it's, at the very least, not a certainty.

no kidding boss, you undoubtedly are the one with a closed mind - pretending otherwise * and also we are off course for the thread ...

one more attempt for you to understand the boomerang theory - a baseball pitcher throws a curveball in (vacuum) space, eventually the ball will return to his hand (origin) by never reversing course.

Very poor analogy to explain your inexplicable theory. It is only possible in theory for the baseball to return to point of origin because gravity remains constant on Earth. Therefore, the force of gravity on the ball would remain constant. However, gravity is not constant across the universe. AND... the universe is not "traveling" as an object. A more proper analogy to describe what is happening with the universe would be, if the pitcher threw the ball and the ball disintegrated with all the atoms of the ball constantly moving outward in all different directions, and the speed at which the atoms are moving away from each other is ever-increasing... the ball ain't ever coming back to the point of origin. This completely defies physics.

Your "boomerang theory" has been debunked by physics over the past century. It's simply not a valid theory anymore and no serious astrophysicist still believes in it. Singularity has ALWAYS been problematic because it defies the Uncertainty Principle.
It is only possible in theory for the baseball to return to point of origin because gravity remains constant on Earth.

I just displayed the above because of its absolute misunderstanding of what was being demonstrated - you still do not comprehend what is being discussed for which no solution to your cranial barrier seems possible as your ego has consumed your senses. -

the discussion is not relevant to the thread so there is no real reason to correct your post -

Forum List

Back