I have seen the light

I'm talking about blame for the mayhem. You're over reaching to find some political point that just ain't there. You will serve yourself better if you just read what's in front of you and stop stretching a point to the breaking point.

So it's mayhem to shoot a fucking criminal breaking into your home so as to rape your wife and burn your house down?

A person defending himself does not cause mayhem because anything he does is caused by the fucking criminal who is violating the rights of the victim.
If, in the obvious confusion and stress of a situation like an intruder (you added the hyperbole about rape and arson, but let's play along), you decide the best course of action is to fire your semi-automatic handgun with a 30 round clip, I'd say (as most reasonable people might) that there would be MAYHEM.

Or, in your world, does this scenario just add up to a typical Wednesday?

Be honest

Mayhem | Define Mayhem at Dictionary.com

may·hem
   /ˈmeɪhɛm, ˈmeɪəm/ Show Spelled[mey-hem, mey-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
1. Law . the crime of willfully inflicting a bodily injury on another so as to make the victim less capable of self-defense or, under modern statutes, so as to cripple or mutilate the victim.

2. random or deliberate violence or damage.

3. a state of rowdy disorder: Antagonisms between the various factions at the meeting finally boiled over, and mayhem ensued.

You can see from the definition that a victim of a crime who is defending himself or another cannot cause mayhem.

The intruder is causing the mayhem. The homeowner who shoots the motherfucker breaking in is ending the mayhem.

I'm talking about blame for the mayhem. You're over reaching to find some political point that just ain't there. You will serve yourself better if you just read what's in front of you and stop stretching a point to the breaking point.

So it's mayhem to shoot a fucking criminal breaking into your home so as to rape your wife and burn your house down?

A person defending himself does not cause mayhem because anything he does is caused by the fucking criminal who is violating the rights of the victim.
If, in the obvious confusion and stress of a situation like an intruder (you added the hyperbole about rape and arson, but let's play along), you decide the best course of action is to fire your semi-automatic handgun with a 30 round clip, I'd say (as most reasonable people might) that there would be MAYHEM.

Be honest

do you even know what a semiauto is?

be honest

Be honest

Far more people are killed or have a loved one killed by their own gun than those who "save" someone with their gun.

Be honest

be honest

The fact that he calls an automatic handgun a semi automatic proves that he doesn't

And if you live in a black and white world dominated by a narrow view, I suppose you can use the dictionary to rationalize. But, most of us are thinking people and would agree that firing 30 rounds in less than a minute would add a layer of chaos and mayhem on a bad situation.

Be honest

Far more people are killed or have a loved one killed by their own gun than those who "save" someone with their gun.

So no one should have a handgun?

In the above scenerio, I'll shoot the dumbass and let the justice system figure out what to do with me.

Be honest

be honest
Yes. It's one of those things like syphilis and starvation. Things of which I am aware but smart enough to avoid.

And if you live in a black and white world dominated by a narrow view, I suppose you can use the dictionary to rationalize. But, most of us are thinking people and would agree that firing 30 rounds in less than a minute would add a layer of chaos and mayhem on a bad situation.

So the actual meaning of the words you use doesn't matter?

And why do you assume I will fire 30 rounds. FYI my .45 has a 13 round magazine and my sawed off shotgun has a 5 shot magazine

Quite frankly i would opt for the shotgun as the first choice.

What do you think cops would feel about you laying down supressive fire in a neighborhood full of families?

What do you think cops would feel about you laying down supressive fire in a neighborhood full of families?

Shooting at a person breaking into your house is not suppressive fire.

And a hollow point or shotgun round poses no threat to anyone in the neighborhood except for the fucking criminal it's aimed at.

thirty rounds per clip is supressive fire silly and not needed for you to scare away a boogey man you dream exsists

Be honest

be honest
Yes. It's one of those things like syphilis and starvation. Things of which I am aware but smart enough to avoid.

no, in other words.

thanks for your honesty :thup:

Forum List

Back