I heard yesterday the State of Illinois

What if the State of Florida told the democrat nominee he or she would not be on the ballot because they refuse to uphold immigration laws?

They prolly could do that, but not on that basis.

You see, a nominee doesn't uphold any laws. They're not in a position to.
Incorrect. Most of them are democrat Senators. They write the laws, then they break them therefore they should not be on the ballot.

CHEAT is the only plan the radical left has left for 2020, but this won't work. They try this shit and the feds just won't count their electoral votes then.

Two can play those games.

I'm pretty sure each state runs it's own elections, and can impose any rules they want unless there are laws preventing it.. The electoral college can't just decide to not count their votes without a legal reason why.

CHEAT is the only plan the radical left has left for 2020, but this won't work. They try this shit and the feds just won't count their electoral votes then.

I'm pretty sure each state runs it's own elections, and can impose any rules they want unless there are laws preventing it.. The electoral college can't just decide to not count their votes without a legal reason why.
So when states decide when and for how long their polls will be open you scream voter suppression why? Exactly?

1. What gives them the right to impose arbitrary "rules" on a Federal presidential election? (the Constitution sets the requirements, not the dems in various states)
2. If they violate Federal election laws their electoral votes should not be counted.

There were threads on this, but its good to show how dumb the dems are, thinking that they can put unconstitutional requirements on presidential candidates. If they do that, maybe the USSC will disallow their electoral votes to count?
On what premise? The State of Illinois has the right to regulate elections in its state. You can deprive people of their right to vote depending on certain circumstances. Why couldn't a person be deprived of their right to run for not meeting certain qualifications, like making their tax returns available? A candidate's privacy in that regard should not have the same protection afforded the average citizen.

So you would be ok for Illinois saying the requirements for president would only be a female between the ages of 8 years old and 15 years old who had blond hair????

The constitution addresses age requirements. It doesn't mention hair color or sex.

What if the State of Florida told the democrat nominee he or she would not be on the ballot because they refuse to uphold immigration laws?

Incorrect. Most of them are democrat Senators. They write the laws, then they break them therefore they should not be on the ballot.

This just in ---- nominees don't have to be Senators.

Take last election. Please. Didn't involve any Senators.

In reality the prominent ones running for democrat nomination are and they do not uphold the immigration law! They should not be allowed on any ticket in any state!

1. What gives them the right to impose arbitrary "rules" on a Federal presidential election? (the Constitution sets the requirements, not the dems in various states)
2. If they violate Federal election laws their electoral votes should not be counted.

1. Sorry --- there's no such thing as a "federal presidential election".
There is in some countries, but we're not that advanced. See, this is why you needed to pay attention to the Electoral College threads.

And no, the Constitution doesn't set requirements for elections it doesn't call for. States do that.

And 2. - again, all the Constitution says is that the state shall send X number of Electors. It doesn't care how they choose those electors, election or no election.

In reality the prominent ones running for democrat nomination are and they do not uphold the immigration law! They should not be allowed on any ticket in any state!

Here in Linear Time, no party has nominated a candidate for 2020.

As far as who's on the ticket in a given state, and how they're listed, that's up to the given state.

Did not say they had moron. I specifically said running for

You can't put restrictions on who can run for office.

Tell that to the state of Illinois!

OK, I'll face west and yell real loud.

You do understand that "running for office" and "being on the ballot in Illinois" are two different things, right?

Every state has a set of arbitrary rules to be on their ballot, that is why there are not 100 people on the ballot for president.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

made a rule that if Trump doesn't reveal 5 years of his tax returns, the state will not allow him on the 2020 Presidential ballot. Is this legal? I know Trump dumps laws, like using the military for police duties, that his adherents think is okey-dokey. But I doubt this will get by without notice. Does anybody know what this is about? I don't see how this can be done, but I have to assume there are legislators in Illinois that know the law better than I who agreed to the bill. Sadly, laws and traditions don't mean much anymore.

I looked to see if there is a thread on this, but found none. Hope I didn't miss it in error
/—-/ It just the democRATs up to their old tricks of disenfranchising voters they don’t like. Providing tax returns is not a Constitutional requirement tone president. Just like they can’t say you have to be a land owner and make to be on the ballot

OK, I'll face west and yell real loud.

You do understand that "running for office" and "being on the ballot in Illinois" are two different things, right?
Why would you be on a ballot if you weren’t running for an office?

There were threads on this, but its good to show how dumb the dems are, thinking that they can put unconstitutional requirements on presidential candidates. If they do that, maybe the USSC will disallow their electoral votes to count?
On what premise? The State of Illinois has the right to regulate elections in its state. You can deprive people of their right to vote depending on certain circumstances. Why couldn't a person be deprived of their right to run for not meeting certain qualifications, like making their tax returns available? A candidate's privacy in that regard should not have the same protection afforded the average citizen.
Making tax returns public is not a law, it’s a democrat whim.
I think it IS a law if requested by the proper authority. I've been hearing a lot about the 1924 law on tax returns brought on by scandal in an effort to prevent scandal again.

made a rule that if Trump doesn't reveal 5 years of his tax returns, the state will not allow him on the 2020 Presidential ballot. Is this legal? I know Trump dumps laws, like using the military for police duties, that his adherents think is okey-dokey. But I doubt this will get by without notice. Does anybody know what this is about? I don't see how this can be done, but I have to assume there are legislators in Illinois that know the law better than I who agreed to the bill. Sadly, laws and traditions don't mean much anymore.

I looked to see if there is a thread on this, but found none. Hope I didn't miss it in error
Our gov breaks the laws they pass every single day! Example the illegal immigration situation.
I suspect our employers break that illegal immigration law far more than the government, which looks the other way in case a donor is involved.

Not familiar with how the state laws work in Illinois but it's been done before, sort of. In 1948 Strom Thurmond's Dixiecrat party got Thurmond listed as the Democratic Party candidate in four different states, knocking the party's candidate Truman off the ballot.
I didn't know that! Thanks

Our gov breaks the laws they pass every single day! Example the illegal immigration situation.
I suspect our employers break that illegal immigration law far more than the government, which looks the other way in case a donor is involved.
Why would you hold employers responsible and give the lawmakers/breakers a pass?

Forum List

Back