I Just Found Out.....

I am white and I give much more of my charitable donations to causes that help poor minorities than I give to any other institutions. Asclepias, am I making a mistake by not donating more of my money to charities that cater more to my people??

I am white and I give much more of my charitable donations to causes that help poor minorities than I give to any other institutions. Asclepias, am I making a mistake by not donating more of my money to charities that cater more to my people??
Good question. I'd have to ask what your reasons were for doing so? I believe that if you answer the way I think you will answer then you have answered your own question.

Personally i wouldnt give money away to a group that owned most of the resources in this country that were basically ill gotten gains stripped from another group.

Good question. I'd have to ask what your reasons were for doing so? I believe that if you answer the way I think you will answer then you have answered your own question.

Personally i wouldnt give money away to a group that owned most of the resources in this country that were basically ill gotten gains stripped from another group.

Sure thing. God you are full of it.:afro:

Sure thing. God you are full of it.:afro:
Are you a sock or did my comment make you emotional? :piss2:

You don't remember me? There is probably a drug for that. Probably some guys hanging out at the corner. Hit it.

It gets worse....

USC’s endowment is over $3.5 billion, which gives this school more money than every single HBCU in America combined.

Why did Dre choose USC instead of supporting an institution that educates the very people that made his career possible and that supported him from the beginning?

You don't think white kids/people bought Dre's music?

And instead of lamenting his choice of what to do with his money, in what is obviously a thread designed to elicit bigoted responses from the usual suspects, why don't you write him a letter and ask him yourself?
Not at first. Without the Black community he wouldnt have been visible to white kids.

Thats already in the works. No this wasnt a thread to elicit anything but discussion on his reasons. I cant help it if I have hurt the feelings of the usual suspects.

That's EXACTLY where the rebuilding needs to take place
Asclepias. Exactly. Restoring healing and rebuilding stronger
community and economic relationships across the board where these have been burned and destroyed by genocidal gutting.

Sadly the same way women will undercut other women, and be just as "sexist against women" as men are accused, when Blacks undercut other Blacks, the damage has been devastating. Instead of investing and supporting other Blacks, the same "taking advantage of minorities" goes on where Black are less likely to have legal defense to protect themselves and become easier victims even to their own. There are too many Blacks who will "only trust White business people" and patronize them, but won't lend or investing resources with Black communities or businesses that are at higher risk. Well, how can anyone get started if they don't have support to break out of the poverty cycle?

Fortunately there are schools and programs that have created a stable trajectory for Black communities and generations to build lines of leadership, mentorship and role models. That IS where the resources ought to be invested instead of playing the same losing games.

Thanks Asclepias and I hope that your efforts will join forces with others like you investing in the right business models, and quit this over dependence on party politicians or govt that isn't the real solution.

Investing in ownership of campuses, businesses and whole communities is what will empower people, and I hope more finally figure that out!

It gets worse....

USC’s endowment is over $3.5 billion, which gives this school more money than every single HBCU in America combined.

Why did Dre choose USC instead of supporting an institution that educates the very people that made his career possible and that supported him from the beginning?

You don't think white kids/people bought Dre's music?

And instead of lamenting his choice of what to do with his money, in what is obviously a thread designed to elicit bigoted responses from the usual suspects, why don't you write him a letter and ask him yourself?
Not at first. Without the Black community he wouldnt have been visible to white kids.

Thats already in the works. No this wasnt a thread to elicit anything but discussion on his reasons. I cant help it if I have hurt the feelings of the usual suspects.

That's EXACTLY where the rebuilding needs to take place
Asclepias. Exactly. Restoring healing and rebuilding stronger
community and economic relationships across the board where these have been burned and destroyed by genocidal gutting.

Sadly the same way women will undercut other women, and be just as "sexist against women" as men are accused, when Blacks undercut other Blacks, the damage has been devastating. Instead of investing and supporting other Blacks, the same "taking advantage of minorities" goes on where Black are less likely to have legal defense to protect themselves and become easier victims even to their own. There are too many Blacks who will "only trust White business people" and patronize them, but won't lend or investing resources with Black communities or businesses that are at higher risk. Well, how can anyone get started if they don't have support to break out of the poverty cycle?

Fortunately there are schools and programs that have created a stable trajectory for Black communities and generations to build lines of leadership, mentorship and role models. That IS where the resources ought to be invested instead of playing the same losing games.

Thanks Asclepias and I hope that your efforts will join forces with others like you investing in the right business models, and quit this over dependence on party politicians or govt that isn't the real solution.

Investing in ownership of campuses, businesses and whole communities is what will empower people, and I hope more finally figure that out!
Thanks. The group of people I work with are branching out due to some more talent coming aboard. Financial literacy is the next level. Creating moguls that will empower the next generation.

I give in large measure to a fund that helps sponsor scholarships to help black and hispanic kids attend a local private school to hopefully help them get a leg up and have a more productive future than they would if they were to continue to attend a public school. I also sit on the board of the organization to help determine scholarship amounts, recipients, etc. My most recent significant donation was to my local church mission group that goes to Guatemala twice a year to help build houses and provide school supplies for the children down there. Is that how you thought I would answer?

I give in large measure to a fund that helps sponsor scholarships to help black and hispanic kids attend a local private school to hopefully help them get a leg up and have a more productive future than they would if they were to continue to attend a public school. I also sit on the board of the organization to help determine scholarship amounts, recipients, etc. My most recent significant donation was to my local church mission group that goes to Guatemala twice a year to help build houses and provide school supplies for the children down there. Is that how you thought I would answer?
Thats pretty much what I thought but you seem to do more than the typical person. I point to the part in your post where you say "give them a leg up". Why do you think they need a leg up?

Thats pretty much what I thought but you seem to do more than the typical person. I point to the part in your post where you say "give them a leg up". Why do you think they need a leg up?

Because in my area, far fewer black kids than white kids go on to college. The average salary of blacks is about half of that for whites. A far higher proportion of them are from broken families, which statistically means that they will not have as great a chance of success in life. And because at this small private school, they are much more likely to get additional academic help than they would at their larger public schools.

Because in my area, far fewer black kids than white kids go on to college. The average salary of blacks is about half of that for whites. A far higher proportion of them are from broken families, which statistically means that they will not have as great a chance of success in life. And because at this small private school, they are much more likely to get additional academic help than they would at their larger public schools.
Do you feel this is an atypical situation in your neck of the woods or the norm generally speaking all across the US?

You don't remember me? There is probably a drug for that. Probably some guys hanging out at the corner. Hit it.
Why should I remember you? What have you done with your life?

Raised a family, own a house, worked hard, financially secure, and am grateful for what I have. What was I suppose to do?
What did you do that would make you so relevant that i would remember you?
The man who screams racist cannot see the intrinsic value in every man?

Do you feel this is an atypical situation in your neck of the woods or the norm generally speaking all across the US?

It is not typical. I know that salaries for black families are typically much closer to whites in most of the country than what they are here. I live in a rural area of MD with a history of slavery and Confederate sympathies (both Frederick Douglass and Harriet Tubman are from within a 20 minute drive of my home) but I am a 45 minute drive from the county in the US that I believe has the wealthiest black population in the county (Prince George's County, MD). I'd like to do what I can to see those disparities narrowed from the ground up.

Why should I remember you? What have you done with your life?

Raised a family, own a house, worked hard, financially secure, and am grateful for what I have. What was I suppose to do?
What did you do that would make you so relevant that i would remember you?
The man who screams racist cannot see the intrinsic value in every man?
You didnt answer my question.

It is not typical. I know that salaries for black families are typically much closer to whites in most of the country than what they are here. I live in a rural area of MD with a history of slavery and Confederate sympathies (both Frederick Douglass and Harriet Tubman are from within a 20 minute drive of my home) but I am a 45 minute drive from the county in the US that I believe has the wealthiest black population in the county (Prince George's County, MD). I'd like to do what I can to see those disparities narrowed from the ground up.
So you admit there are disparities in income between Blacks and whites in general. You see that the best way out is through better education/opportunities. Lets circle back to your original question since you agree with me. Now apply that reasoning to your question and you have your answer.

Forum List

Back