I may have gotten the impeachment thing all wrong

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on

Odd that you could determine all that being that in the past two days, it has all been 90% Schiff repeating all the same crap. I mean, the guy lies every 10-20 seconds! And he had 24 hours just for his opening statement! Not interested in finding the truth? C'Mon. The Democrats IMPEACHED the president. They said they HAD the truth. Schiff said for years he had conclusive proof Trump worked with the Russians.

Turned out that wasn't true.

Then Schiff put up testimony and transcripts that had been falsified.

IMO, the guy has no business being on the case.

The Republicans have all ears open now: it is up to the House to PRESENT THEIR CASE that they found justifiable in impeaching the President. It was the House's job to have already FOUND the truth. If the Democrats are still trying to find them, then that is saying they still have not and never had any case.

Last edited:
Abuse of Power is not a character flaw. Abuse of American foreign policy for personal political gain is not a character flaw.

It's an impeachable offense against this country by our Presdient.

That sounds really groovy to the thoroughly programmed, but it's nonsense.

1. Trump didn't abuse power.
2. Even if he did, it's not "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors".

If anyone is abusing power in this situation, it's the Legislative Dems.

You asserting that Trump did nothing is wrong is nice and all, but of course that is not what the evidence and Trump's indictment says.

What you assert is not a serious alternative to a proper TRIAL.

"evidence"

LOL

Is it overwhelming?

Yes evidence Moron, a mountain of evidence.
A mountain of hearsay and feelings, not evidence.

If the evidence is "overwhelming", why are the House Clowns over at the Senate begging the jurors to conduct the investigation they refused to do in the House?

I know I know!

They really don't care about evidence. All they want to do is to prolong the process as long as possible in the hopes of damaging Trump's re-election. If they fish up any actual fake evidence, that just feeds the process.

I'm not a neutral player here, and fully admit it.

Dems started this farce, made their part of it as partisan as possible, and are now mewling for the part controlled by Republicans to be bipartisan.

Sorry, that bird don't fly.

No peace with Bonaparte.
Ok, they are partisan and you are partisan, neither of you is being fair minded... great so what’s left is simply arguing your side. So let’s stop with the personal hypocrisy critiques that you were making and stick to the substance.

I am being honest. you are hiding behind the false curtain of neutrality.

No one is truly neutral, and those who claim to be are either lying to themselves, lying to others, or both.
ok then consider me a non-neutral player, I’m fine with that. I think the Dems are idiots and I’m still going to say things about that, but go ahead and ignore those comments and consider me as a biased actor promoting an opposing position to yourself... ok, we good now?

Fine. Why should Republicans play fair now when Dems did not during the actual impeachment process/voting?
Why should they play fair? That’s easy, because that’s what honorable people do. You do what’s right not what your opponents are doing... if you act like them then you are no better than they are

Sorry, but in a situation this important and this serious, "dying with your boots on" isn't honorable, it's retarded.

The other side will show no respect for the corpse, the people will not visit the grave, which will hold the marker "They got their asses kicked, but at least they were fair about it"

Abuse of Power is not a character flaw. Abuse of American foreign policy for personal political gain is not a character flaw.

2. Even if he did, it's not "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors".

You asserting that Trump did nothing is wrong is nice and all, but of course that is not what the evidence and Trump's indictment says.

"evidence"

LOL

Is it overwhelming?

It's sufficient, convincing and uncontested. Sadly, that won't have anything to do with the way Senators will vote.

It's sufficient and convincing only to those who are trying to get Trump out of office since the day he was elected. Uncontested? I don't think so.

Please explain, what would be the point of Trump asking for dirt against Biden when Biden himself boasted before the Council on Foreign Relations that he had forced the Ukrainian President to fire the prosecutor or forfeit $1 billion?

That is common knowledge. Why should Trump have to pay Ukraine for it?

Vice President Biden’s clear, open admission that he did what Democrats falsely accuse Trump of doing is total proof of the utter corruption of the Democratic Party.

The Dems basically impeached Trump for looking into Biden's (and by extension Obama's) documented corruption.

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on
IOW you're upset because the defendant won't take on the role of the prosecutor since they're unable to make their case. If you were on trial would you expect your attorney to help the other side convict you?
not at all... how am I asking for the defendant to be the prosecutor?!

IT'S FUCKING LOGIC OP......

CLEARLY the DEMONICRATS used every excuse in a fairy-tale to impeach Trump. Look up all the reasons they pulled from their ass since before he even took office. Credibility lost, gone. They did this to themselves.

Then Demonicats came up with an extremely weak case, and they moved on it FAST because this is a last ditched effort to replace Trump with a Demonicrat. It's the same kind of shit they pulled with Ford/Kavanaugh, political posturing.

While you might think all Senators are stupid, they're not. They're simply not playing the Demoinicrat's game, because the accusation from start is WEAK and credibility is non-existent.
Feel better now?!

"evidence"

LOL

Is it overwhelming?

It's sufficient, convincing and uncontested. Sadly, that won't have anything to do with the way Senators will vote.

It's sufficient and convincing only to those who are trying to get Trump out of office since the day he was elected. Uncontested? I don't think so.

Please explain, what would be the point of Trump asking for dirt against Biden when Biden himself boasted before the Council on Foreign Relations that he had forced the Ukrainian President to fire the prosecutor or forfeit $1 billion?

Vice President Biden’s clear, open admission that he did what Democrats falsely accuse Trump of doing is total proof of the utter corruption of the Democratic Party.

The Dems basically impeached Trump for looking into Biden's (and by extension Obama's) documented corruption.

How did he look into it?

"evidence"

LOL

Is it overwhelming?

Then you have no reason to ask Senate to do House's job and investigate. You have mountain of evidence, shitstain.
Who is asking the senate to investigate? Where are you getting this talking point from?

Odd that you could determine all that being that in the past two days, it has all been 90% Schiff repeating all the same crap. I mean, the guy lies every 10-20 seconds! And he had 24 hours just for his opening statement! Not interested in finding the truth? C'Mon. The Democrats IMPEACHED the president. They said they HAD the truth. Schiff said for years he had conclusive proof Trump worked with the Russians.

The Republicans have all ears open now: it is up to the House to PRESENT THEIR CASE that they found justifiable in impeaching the President. It was the House's job to have already FOUND the truth. If the Democrats are still trying to find them, then that is saying they still have not and never had any case.
The Dems are presenting their case. They would like to use the senates subpoena power to call witnesses that actually should help trump if all was done legally. What’s the problem with that? Are you not interested in what the first handers have to say?

Ok, they are partisan and you are partisan, neither of you is being fair minded... great so what’s left is simply arguing your side. So let’s stop with the personal hypocrisy critiques that you were making and stick to the substance.

I am being honest. you are hiding behind the false curtain of neutrality.

No one is truly neutral, and those who claim to be are either lying to themselves, lying to others, or both.
ok then consider me a non-neutral player, I’m fine with that. I think the Dems are idiots and I’m still going to say things about that, but go ahead and ignore those comments and consider me as a biased actor promoting an opposing position to yourself... ok, we good now?

Fine. Why should Republicans play fair now when Dems did not during the actual impeachment process/voting?
Why should they play fair? That’s easy, because that’s what honorable people do. You do what’s right not what your opponents are doing... if you act like them then you are no better than they are

Sorry, but in a situation this important and this serious, "dying with your boots on" isn't honorable, it's retarded.

The other side will show no respect for the corpse, the people will not visit the grave, which will hold the marker "They got their asses kicked, but at least they were fair about it"
There was a time when right beat wrong and truth beat lies, and integrity beat manipulation. I still believe that can be true.

Don't you just love the Goobers whining about how unfair it all is, like being at the receiving end of what they themselves cooked up? See House Committee rules on subpoenas and other fine instruments:

The powerful weapon House Republicans handed Democrats

A GOP rule change handed unilateral subpoena authority to many House committee chairmen. Democrats cried foul, but now they hope to use it against Trump.

By ANTHONY ADRAGNA

10/28/2018 06:59 AM EDT

Updated 10/28/2018 02:25 PM EDT

Democrats eager to investigate the Trump administration if they seize the House would have the GOP to thank for one of their most potent tools — a sweeping subpoena authority that Democratic lawmakers denounced as an abusive power grab three years ago.

House Republicans changed the rules in 2015 to allow many of their committee chairmen to issue subpoenas without consulting the minority party, overriding Democrats objections that likened the tactic to something out of the McCarthy era.

Now the weapon that the GOP wielded dozens of times against President Barack Obama’s agencies could allow Democrats to bombard President Donald Trump’s most controversial appointees with demands for information. And many Democrats are itching to use it.

“The Republicans have set the standard and, by God, we’re going to emulate that standard,” Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) told POLITICO.​

Democrats got to whine back then, Republicans are, predictably, whining now. As they should. Embarrassing as that is, even more embarrassing would be those who, to this very day, would not see through the self-serving hypocrisy.

Those who set the precedent have no standing to complain when, one fine day, it reaches themselves.

The amendments were designed to drag the process out as far as possible, add new charges not part of the articles, and basically make the whole thing a shit show. If they allowed one side to bring in new evidence, they would have opened a floodgate.

The House was supposed to make it's case via the articles themselves, not with added bullshit afterwards.
they have their case with their articles. They were blocked from getting supporting evidence in the house. I think it completely reasonable for the senate to allow the subpoena of documents and witnesses. Also very reasonable to let a Republican appointed Supreme Court justice determine whether witnesses are material or not. The fact that the Reps blocked that completely shows their cards.

It shows they learned from the Democrats "we control the venue, we control the rules"

There is zero gain for Republicans to play nice when Democrats wouldn't do it in the house.

That's why for the past few decades they have been constantly outmaneuvered by the left.
The gain for Republicans is to show the public a fair trail.
There is no requirement to make a trial fair for the prosecution, moron.

The amendments were designed to drag the process out as far as possible, add new charges not part of the articles, and basically make the whole thing a shit show. If they allowed one side to bring in new evidence, they would have opened a floodgate.

The House was supposed to make it's case via the articles themselves, not with added bullshit afterwards.
they have their case with their articles. They were blocked from getting supporting evidence in the house. I think it completely reasonable for the senate to allow the subpoena of documents and witnesses. Also very reasonable to let a Republican appointed Supreme Court justice determine whether witnesses are material or not. The fact that the Reps blocked that completely shows their cards.

It shows they learned from the Democrats "we control the venue, we control the rules"

There is zero gain for Republicans to play nice when Democrats wouldn't do it in the house.

That's why for the past few decades they have been constantly outmaneuvered by the left.
The gain for Republicans is to show the public a fair trail.
Their is no requirement to make a trial fair for the prosecution, moron.
Do you think about what you say before you post?!

"evidence"

LOL

Is it overwhelming?

How did he look into it?

He asked questions of people in a position to know.

Don't you just love the Goobers whining about how unfair it all is, like being at the receiving end of what they themselves cooked up? See House Committee rules on subpoenas and other fine instruments:

The powerful weapon House Republicans handed Democrats

A GOP rule change handed unilateral subpoena authority to many House committee chairmen. Democrats cried foul, but now they hope to use it against Trump.

By ANTHONY ADRAGNA

10/28/2018 06:59 AM EDT

Updated 10/28/2018 02:25 PM EDT

Democrats eager to investigate the Trump administration if they seize the House would have the GOP to thank for one of their most potent tools — a sweeping subpoena authority that Democratic lawmakers denounced as an abusive power grab three years ago.

House Republicans changed the rules in 2015 to allow many of their committee chairmen to issue subpoenas without consulting the minority party, overriding Democrats objections that likened the tactic to something out of the McCarthy era.

Now the weapon that the GOP wielded dozens of times against President Barack Obama’s agencies could allow Democrats to bombard President Donald Trump’s most controversial appointees with demands for information. And many Democrats are itching to use it.

“The Republicans have set the standard and, by God, we’re going to emulate that standard,” Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) told POLITICO.​

Democrats got to whine back then, Republicans are, predictably, whining now. As they should. Embarrassing as that is, even more embarrassing would be those who, to this very day, would not see through the self-serving hypocrisy.

Those who set the precedent have no standing to complain when, one fine day, it reaches themselves.
That power doesn't exist in the Senate, moron.

That’s a fair argument you make. I don’t think the Dems fairly treated the Republicans in the house. I will say that both sides in the house were performing partisan gamesmanship more than conducting a fair inquiry.... however I don’t excuse bad behavior from bad behavior.

This bold is a key.

You admit that House Dems didn't treated Reps fairly, but did you complain when they did it? I don't know about you, but Dems in general cry foul only when they were held by the same standard they imposed on Reps and it bite them in the ass.

Here is an example. Dems say no appointing justices in the last year of the presidency, then complain when the same rule is used in last year of Barry's presidency.

McConnell is following a similar process to Clinton’s trial. There are a few differences so we shall see how it plays out. It appears to me like they are setting up to not allow the Dems to get the documents and witnesses they are asking for... if that’s how it ends up I think the majority of Americans are going to see this as a cover up. There is valid reason to explore that material as it directly relates to the charges at hand.

You admit that McConnell is following the same rules from Clinton impeachment. Those rules were set back then by Dems, by they are today somehow "bad behavior"? No, Dems are being held to the same standards they set when they were in power. The only reason Dems don't like those rules today are because rules are not stacked in their favor. Well, if they don't like the rules, maybe they shouldn't be setting them, or... when they setting the rules, they should think about how those rules would affect them once they're not in driver's seat.
Yes I recognize that the house inquiry was biased towards the Dems and they unfairly blocked out the Republican from presenting their counter narrative. It’s irrelevant whether I voice that or not back then. I don’t want this to be a personal hypocrisy debate, I’m tired of those.

I didn’t say I thought McConnells rules were bad behavior, I think if they follow through with blocking of witnesses and documents as many have publicly stated then there will be a public appearance of a dirty cover up. That result would be bad behavior of that’s what happens. IMO

I had originally thought that they would take advantage of this trial to roast Biden. Some are trying to push that narrative and that very well may be where they go. Either way I don’t see either party coming out of this thing looking better and our nation will be weaker as a whole.

It’s irrelevant whether I voice that or not back then. I don’t want this to be a personal hypocrisy debate, I’m tired of those.

Of course you don't want to talk about hypocrisy when it's yours being exposed. NOW you are above such things. How convenient.

I think if they follow through with blocking of witnesses and documents as many have publicly stated then there will be a public appearance of a dirty cover up.

Nothing is being blocked. The House Clowns have been playing video of their "witnesses" and "evidence" both yesterday and today. This IS their "overwhelming case". You are crying about a fishing expedition the Senate will not do on behalf of the House Clowns.

"evidence"

LOL

Is it overwhelming?

Then you have no reason to ask Senate to do House's job and investigate. You have mountain of evidence, shitstain.
Who is asking the senate to investigate? Where are you getting this talking point from?

The House Clowns. Please turn on a TV.

The Dems are presenting their case. They would like to use the senates subpoena power to call witnesses that actually should help trump if all was done legally. What’s the problem with that? Are you not interested in what the first handers have to say?

The House has the same subpoena power. They chose not to use it. Instead of letting the Courts work it out, they went ahead with Art. II, which in fact, impeaches Trump for exercising his individual rights. I'm not buying the smoke screen. There are no crimes here. At worse, it is mere policy and privilege. Perhaps some political malfeasance. Obama did worse. Worse still is the corruption which Trump says he was in search of-- -- -- why is this central matter being shoveled under the rug? Especially when the Dems maintain he was out purely to hurt an opponent? If it can be shown the corruption didn't exist, THAT would prove their case. If the corruption really was there, it supports Trump's case! Why is this not central?

WE ALL KNOW THE ANSWER: Because the answer would be an embarrassment to BOTH sides and the US government, as usual, always with a dirty hand.

The House chose to find Trump "forever impeached" based on what they had, so why now DO THEY NEED MORE? Impeached is Impeached. House, present your grounds, your evidence for that decision. Shit or get off the pot. Tired of the games.

Last edited:

The House Clowns don't need the subpoena power of the Senate, they have their own. There is no difference between the two.

This is the trial, not the investigation. The Senate is the jury, not the investigators. You should be mad at YOUR House Clowns for not doing their job, and showing up in the Senate unprepared for a trial and then begging the Senate to do the job of the House.

You are exactly the low IQ rube these people rely on. Wholly incapable of thinking for yourself.

The House has the same subpoena power. They chose not to use it. Instead of letting the Courts work it out, they went ahead with Art. II, which in fact, impeaches Trump for exercising his individual rights. I'm not buying the smoke screen. There are no crimes here. At worse, it is mere policy and privileged. Perhaps some political malfeasance. Obama did worse. The House chose to find Trump "forever impeached" based on what they had, so why now DO THEY NEED MORE? Impeached is Impeached. House, present your grounds, your evidence for that decision. Shit or get off the pot. Tired of the games.

Trump's team will hammer this home when it is their turn. The House Clowns will be exposed as the incompetent hacks they are.

Forum List

Back