I may have gotten the impeachment thing all wrong

Sorry, but in a situation this important and this serious, "dying with your boots on" isn't honorable, it's retarded.

The other side will show no respect for the corpse, the people will not visit the grave, which will hold the marker "They got their asses kicked, but at least they were fair about it"
There was a time when right beat wrong and truth beat lies, and integrity beat manipulation. I still believe that can be true.

Sorry, but bullshit. You are looking at the world via movie lenses, not reality.
Whatever you say man, I’ll use my voice to stand up for honesty and integrity... you can use yours to stand up for winning at all cost if that’s your thing.

Not "at any cost", but using the rules of the game as applied in the real world.

The question is do you consistently stand up for honesty and integrity, or only when you can back up a position you already approve of.

As with free speech, supporting integrity is easy when it comes to things you agree with, and not really support at all.
I, like everybody else, have opinions on every issue. Being honest and transparent in the debate is a principle I always stand up for. I can accept differing opinions. I actually enjoy the debate and respect other points of view. But I don’t respect the petty partisan game play and trolling that more and more people are engaging in. And I do expect our legal institutions to act in a fair and impartial manner.

. Being honest and transparent in the debate is a principle I always stand up for.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.:21:

He claimed the accusers had only second hand witnesses, blah blah blah, no first hand witnesses, blah blah blah as his defense.

Well hell's bells, here are the first hand witnesses, just vote to hear them. Put up, or shut up.... now is the time.
Ask your House Clowns why they didn't follow protocol to get them to testify before they shut down their "overwhelming" investigation.
Spare answered that, right above... the Senate had a better shot to get them immediately.... Trump couldn't fight them as ferociously to deny them, because they are the same party, he needs them all, to save him, from himself.
Executive Privilege is the same regarding House subpoenas and Senate subpoenas. The WH can challenge both and go to the courts for a ruling.

Once again you are trying to put the job of the House on the Senate. Your House Clowns refused to follow protocol. That's on them, not Trump, not the Senate.
He never executed his executive privilege rights in the house. NOT ONCE.... He simply defied the subpoenas and the law on everything. Another impeachment article on those unlawful actions.

The Senate, can go directly to the Supreme court in the impeachment trial, skipping years of litigation and appeals.

Trump can not stall it.

He wanted to stall being impeached, it did not work. In the Senate, he wouldn't want to stall his verdict.
If you were paying attention you would know that his lawyers explained why the subpoenas were defied.

The were not valid subpoenas since they were tied to an impeachment inquiry. There was no required vote to implement impeachment in the House, so the subpoenas are invalid.

If your House Clowns think they are valid the protocol is to go to the courts for a ruling. The refused to follow protocol. Your beef should be with your House Clowns.
The were not valid subpoenas since they were tied to an impeachment inquiry. There was no required vote to implement impeachment in the House, so the subpoenas are invalid.

That is just straight up nonsense.
Subpoenas are issued all of the time while conducting investigations. No votes are needed for those subpoenas to be valid.

Trumps legal team lied. Again. Just as you are now.

they have their case with their articles. They were blocked from getting supporting evidence in the house. I think it completely reasonable for the senate to allow the subpoena of documents and witnesses. Also very reasonable to let a Republican appointed Supreme Court justice determine whether witnesses are material or not. The fact that the Reps blocked that completely shows their cards.

It shows they learned from the Democrats "we control the venue, we control the rules"

There is zero gain for Republicans to play nice when Democrats wouldn't do it in the house.

That's why for the past few decades they have been constantly outmaneuvered by the left.
The gain for Republicans is to show the public a fair trail.
Their is no requirement to make a trial fair for the prosecution, moron.
Do you think about what you say before you post?!
Sure I do. Please show me a law that says a trial has to be "fair" to the prosecution.
No, I’m not going to waste my time addressing such a silly notion from somebody who clearly has no understanding what our justice system is all about.

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on
I'm sorry that 3 years of false accusations by Democrats refuted by 6 inquiries that the Democrats billed American taxpayers and voters for, failed to get your attention, Mr. or Ms. Slade.
Stick to the subject please I’m not taking about any of that noise, I’m talking about how this impeachment is being handled.

Senate is handling trials in the same fashion they handled Clinton's impeachment trial. If rules were good back then, and supported by all 100 Senators, there is no reason to cry "cover-up" if the same rules are used today.

You seem to be forgetting how House handled Impeachment inquiry just two months ago. Have they followed the rules from previous impeachment of Clinton? No, they set the rules to completely shut House Republicans. They ignored the House rules that allows minority hearing day, they held depositions in House basement, they leaked selective info to the press, etc.

I say, Dems in Senate are treated way better than they treated Reps in the House, and they're still complaining.
That’s a fair argument you make. I don’t think the Dems fairly treated the Republicans in the house. I will say that both sides in the house were performing partisan gamesmanship more than conducting a fair inquiry.... however I don’t excuse bad behavior from bad behavior.

McConnell is following a similar process to Clinton’s trial. There are a few differences so we shall see how it plays out. It appears to me like they are setting up to not allow the Dems to get the documents and witnesses they are asking for... if that’s how it ends up I think the majority of Americans are going to see this as a cover up. There is valid reason to explore that material as it directly relates to the charges at hand.
Schiff and Nadler already know they're not going to win, because no matter whether they use old or new material, it's all lies. That's why they know they're going to lose. But not to worry. They have their damn insurance policies of more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more lies to kill off time until they say now is the time to start the election, and when Trump wins, they'll come up with more and more and more impeachment lies, because they think they can. Since it's treasonous tripe, I suggest we try them sooner rather than later. Otherwise, we're in for whatever they manipulate around to harass the President.

I don't think the founders thought people would be so corrupt they'd use the impeachment for sport against political adversaries. A couple did, but the majority ruled. The only choice the real American people have is to get rid of the old liars club and the 4 new haters of America, too. Otherwise, we're goners. Our soldiers who died for this country did not die so Deocrats could lie nonstop and spend a lot of money carelessly because they can.

Why should they play fair? That’s easy, because that’s what honorable people do. You do what’s right not what your opponents are doing... if you act like them then you are no better than they are

Sorry, but in a situation this important and this serious, "dying with your boots on" isn't honorable, it's retarded.

The other side will show no respect for the corpse, the people will not visit the grave, which will hold the marker "They got their asses kicked, but at least they were fair about it"
There was a time when right beat wrong and truth beat lies, and integrity beat manipulation. I still believe that can be true.

Sorry, but bullshit. You are looking at the world via movie lenses, not reality.
Whatever you say man, I’ll use my voice to stand up for honesty and integrity... you can use yours to stand up for winning at all cost if that’s your thing.
Don't you want to know why The Obama Administration laundered $7 Billion through the Ukraine Embassy to prop up the former corrupt Russian Owned Ukraine Government and keep them in power rather than help the Anti-Corruption Government be elected?

All Obama's, Clinton's, and Biden's former Ukrainian Politician friends fled to Russia after the election.

And you don't want to know why?

Don't you want to know why Obama claimed "Executive Privilege" over his activities in The Ukraine and sealed those records, and why he ordered Joe Biden to have The Ukraine Prosecutor fired before he could finish his investigation in to money laundering and bribery going on with Burisma, The Ukraine Embassy, Russia and Corrupt Ukraine Officials?
Sorry but no I don’t. I’ll take interest in it if the DOJ opens an actual investigation or prosecution based on real intel. But I’m not interested in wasting time on claims by online trolls and right wing propaganda media.

Fine. Why should Republicans play fair now when Dems did not during the actual impeachment process/voting?
Why should they play fair? That’s easy, because that’s what honorable people do. You do what’s right not what your opponents are doing... if you act like them then you are no better than they are

I thought you were a Democrat, the party that lied about President Trump and spent 100,000,000.00 of Taxpayer money to cover their butts. If you call that honesty and integrity, you are out of your mind, sir or ma'am.

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on

Odd that you could determine all that being that in the past two days, it has all been 90% Schiff repeating all the same crap. I mean, the guy lies every 10-20 seconds! And he had 24 hours just for his opening statement! Not interested in finding the truth? C'Mon. The Democrats IMPEACHED the president. They said they HAD the truth. Schiff said for years he had conclusive proof Trump worked with the Russians.

Turned out that wasn't true.

Then Schiff put up testimony and transcripts that had been falsified.

IMO, the guy has no business being on the case.

The Republicans have all ears open now: it is up to the House to PRESENT THEIR CASE that they found justifiable in impeaching the President. It was the House's job to have already FOUND the truth. If the Democrats are still trying to find them, then that is saying they still have not and never had any case.
The Dems are presenting their case. They would like to use the senates subpoena power to call witnesses that actually should help trump if all was done legally. What’s the problem with that? Are you not interested in what the first handers have to say?

The House has the same subpoena power. They chose not to use it. Instead of letting the Courts work it out, they went ahead with Art. II, which in fact, impeaches Trump for exercising his individual rights. I'm not buying the smoke screen. There are no crimes here. At worse, it is mere policy and privilege. Perhaps some political malfeasance. Obama did worse. Worse still is the corruption which Trump says he was in search of-- -- -- why is this central matter being shoveled under the rug? Especially when the Dems maintain he was out purely to hurt an opponent? If it can be shown the corruption didn't exist, THAT would prove their case. If the corruption really was there, it supports Trump's case! Why is this not central?

WE ALL KNOW THE ANSWER: Because the answer would be an embarrassment to BOTH sides and the US government, as usual, always with a dirty hand.

The House chose to find Trump "forever impeached" based on what they had, so why now DO THEY NEED MORE? Impeached is Impeached. House, present your grounds, your evidence for that decision. Shit or get off the pot. Tired of the games.
I agree with you... all Trump needs to do is show what evidence he had to push for an investigation by Ukraine into the DNC and Biden and explain why he didn’t go through normal investigative channels.

Trumps team seems to want to call hunter to the stand... for what? What would they ask him? He knows nothing about these charges. If Trump has valid evidence to call Ukraine for an investigations then what is it?
So you bought the lie farm Schiff and Nadler proffered. I didn't know you were stupid. I thought you were bright, but you'd have to be as corrupt as they to agree they were right when the facts showed Schiff and Nadler and Pelosi have been pushing a false narrative for years.They are the world leaders in greed for power. That's not what my family fought for the past 401 years.

Ask your House Clowns why they didn't follow protocol to get them to testify before they shut down their "overwhelming" investigation.
Spare answered that, right above... the Senate had a better shot to get them immediately.... Trump couldn't fight them as ferociously to deny them, because they are the same party, he needs them all, to save him, from himself.
Executive Privilege is the same regarding House subpoenas and Senate subpoenas. The WH can challenge both and go to the courts for a ruling.

Once again you are trying to put the job of the House on the Senate. Your House Clowns refused to follow protocol. That's on them, not Trump, not the Senate.
He never executed his executive privilege rights in the house. NOT ONCE.... He simply defied the subpoenas and the law on everything. Another impeachment article on those unlawful actions.

The Senate, can go directly to the Supreme court in the impeachment trial, skipping years of litigation and appeals.

Trump can not stall it.

He wanted to stall being impeached, it did not work. In the Senate, he wouldn't want to stall his verdict.
If you were paying attention you would know that his lawyers explained why the subpoenas were defied.

If your House Clowns think they are valid the protocol is to go to the courts for a ruling. The refused to follow protocol. Your beef should be with your House Clowns.

That is just straight up nonsense.
Subpoenas are issued all of the time while conducting investigations. No votes are needed for those subpoenas to be valid.

Trumps legal team lied. Again. Just as you are now.
You are full of shit.

After reading up on the impeachment fracas, I have one major question:

How much mayonnaise does Jerry Nadler consume on a daily basis?

Holy shit! This woman is talking about polls between Biden and Trump?

Are they impeaching Trump because they found a poll showing Biden ahead of Trump?

What a Schitt show.

Dumbass, it goes to firmly establishing a motive.

According to all polling Biden is the foremost obsticle for Trump to remain in the White House after 2020 election. That is why Trump was so deparate to manufacture dirt on him.

They are presenting that case. The docs and witnesses they are asking for are just further credible accounts of what happened. We should all want to see it. You especially because it would vindicate trump without the appearance of the cover up which it currently looks like he is doing.

The problem here is that the witnesses will not vindicate trump.
How do you know what the witnesses would say?
If trump was innocent and if they were not complicit, they would have testified to congress.

How are you so fucking stupid ?

If the Klan were in charge, would a black person just walk in there and volunteer information that would absolutely be twisted to fit some fucked up narrative ?

NO.

If the house were really interested in justice, they never would have started this bullshit. There is nothing there.

Russia....

Collusion......

Taxes....

And a host of other attempts to get him...all manufactured by the motherfucking left....who have avowed to get rid of him before he ever stepped into the WH. Your poster girl for stupid, Max Waters....leading the way.

You are a left winger.....I guess that answers my initial question.

Your analogy isn't even close. The klan is not constitutionally bound to question, investigate and impeach blacks if our actions have been shown to be in violation of our code. Think before you post idiot. None of the things trump has been accused of is manufactured. If Don McGaun, Hope Hicks and a few others would have been allowed to testify, trump would have been Impeached earlier. Trump has obstructed justice every step of the way and you just idiot enough to claim this has happened because there is no proof.

Your conclusions do not follow from your "arguments" (and you really do need a class in logic).

My analogy is fine. Both involve people and trust. Whatever it is that makes you a blind raging racist keeps you from understanding that.

Holy shit! This woman is talking about polls between Biden and Trump?

Are they impeaching Trump because they found a poll showing Biden ahead of Trump?

What a Schitt show.

Dumbass, it goes to firmly establishing a motive.

According to all polling Biden is the foremost obsticle for Trump to remain in the White House after 2020 election. That is why Trump was so deparate to manufacture dirt on him.
A poll 2 years out from an election is meaningless. You are exactly the single digit IQ rube the House Clowns are targeting with this shit.

Congrats on being so easily fooled.:21::21::21:

If Dems think there is more evidence, they should have waited for court to decide if they have right to access it. Now, is their current evidence "convincing" its up to the Senate to decide. I don't think it's convincing, since they're asking, rather demanding from Senate, to investigate, which is not their job.
I think that’s a BS argument. Obama’s fast and furious court case over documents lasted 7 years. Are you really supporting a presidents right to completely stonewall congressional subpoenas until years of court proceedings can make a decision?! You don’t see something horribly wrong with that?

Didn't you say earlier "I don’t excuse bad behavior from bad behavior."

But that is exactly what you're doing now. Why is OK to wait for Fast & Furious documents to be stonewalled, and not these? The world is not revolving around Dems, and they have to play by the same rules as everyone.

To answer your question, I don't support stonewalling, I support the same rules for everyone. Dems seems can't accept to follow the rules they set themselves.
I never did say it was ok to wait 7 years for fast and furious. That situation was wrongly handled by the Obama administration... shame

My point is that left always claim the same, "just because one side did wrong, doesn't mean the other side have to do it", but only after they did it, to prevent the other side of doing the same.

But that is not the case here. What House Dems did to Reps is shameless, but that's House. It's only comparable to how Reps in House treated Dems in past, or future.

Senate rules have nothing to do with House rules. Dems can't and shouldn't complain about it, because those are their own rules set in Clinton impeachment.
You’re degrading from a principled argument to a whataboutism. You’re better than that. Dems should be held accountable when they step out of line and so should the Reps.

The Dems can complain about anything they want to during the senate trial. The conditions are not the same as the Clinton trial so trying to make modifications is totally fine. Especially given the public statements that have come from the Reps.

It shows they learned from the Democrats "we control the venue, we control the rules"

There is zero gain for Republicans to play nice when Democrats wouldn't do it in the house.

That's why for the past few decades they have been constantly outmaneuvered by the left.
The gain for Republicans is to show the public a fair trail.
Their is no requirement to make a trial fair for the prosecution, moron.
Do you think about what you say before you post?!
Sure I do. Please show me a law that says a trial has to be "fair" to the prosecution.
No, I’m not going to waste my time addressing such a silly notion from somebody who clearly has no understanding what our justice system is all about.
Thanks for admitting that you can't show me any such law.

I'm sorry that 3 years of false accusations by Democrats refuted by 6 inquiries that the Democrats billed American taxpayers and voters for, failed to get your attention, Mr. or Ms. Slade.
Stick to the subject please I’m not taking about any of that noise, I’m talking about how this impeachment is being handled.

Senate is handling trials in the same fashion they handled Clinton's impeachment trial. If rules were good back then, and supported by all 100 Senators, there is no reason to cry "cover-up" if the same rules are used today.

You seem to be forgetting how House handled Impeachment inquiry just two months ago. Have they followed the rules from previous impeachment of Clinton? No, they set the rules to completely shut House Republicans. They ignored the House rules that allows minority hearing day, they held depositions in House basement, they leaked selective info to the press, etc.

I say, Dems in Senate are treated way better than they treated Reps in the House, and they're still complaining.
That’s a fair argument you make. I don’t think the Dems fairly treated the Republicans in the house. I will say that both sides in the house were performing partisan gamesmanship more than conducting a fair inquiry.... however I don’t excuse bad behavior from bad behavior.

McConnell is following a similar process to Clinton’s trial. There are a few differences so we shall see how it plays out. It appears to me like they are setting up to not allow the Dems to get the documents and witnesses they are asking for... if that’s how it ends up I think the majority of Americans are going to see this as a cover up. There is valid reason to explore that material as it directly relates to the charges at hand.
Schiff and Nadler already know they're not going to win, because no matter whether they use old or new material, it's all lies. That's why they know they're going to lose. But not to worry. They have their damn insurance policies of more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more lies to kill off time until they say now is the time to start the election, and when Trump wins, they'll come up with more and more and more impeachment lies, because they think they can. Since it's treasonous tripe, I suggest we try them sooner rather than later. Otherwise, we're in for whatever they manipulate around to harass the President.

I don't think the founders thought people would be so corrupt they'd use the impeachment for sport against political adversaries. A couple did, but the majority ruled. The only choice the real American people have is to get rid of the old liars club and the 4 new haters of America, too. Otherwise, we're goners. Our soldiers who died for this country did not die so Deocrats could lie nonstop and spend a lot of money carelessly because they can.
When you have a blatant lie in your first sentence I can’t read any further. The Dems case is clearly not all lies. There is spin and hyperbole and mischaracterizations being made but there are also many disturbing facts being revealed. If you want your opinions respected then try being a little more honest.

If Dems think there is more evidence, they should have waited for court to decide if they have right to access it. Now, is their current evidence "convincing" its up to the Senate to decide. I don't think it's convincing, since they're asking, rather demanding from Senate, to investigate, which is not their job.
I think that’s a BS argument. Obama’s fast and furious court case over documents lasted 7 years. Are you really supporting a presidents right to completely stonewall congressional subpoenas until years of court proceedings can make a decision?! You don’t see something horribly wrong with that?

Didn't you say earlier "I don’t excuse bad behavior from bad behavior."

But that is exactly what you're doing now. Why is OK to wait for Fast & Furious documents to be stonewalled, and not these? The world is not revolving around Dems, and they have to play by the same rules as everyone.

To answer your question, I don't support stonewalling, I support the same rules for everyone. Dems seems can't accept to follow the rules they set themselves.
I never did say it was ok to wait 7 years for fast and furious. That situation was wrongly handled by the Obama administration... shame

My point is that left always claim the same, "just because one side did wrong, doesn't mean the other side have to do it", but only after they did it, to prevent the other side of doing the same.

But that is not the case here. What House Dems did to Reps is shameless, but that's House. It's only comparable to how Reps in House treated Dems in past, or future.

Senate rules have nothing to do with House rules. Dems can't and shouldn't complain about it, because those are their own rules set in Clinton impeachment.
You’re degrading from a principled argument to a whataboutism. You’re better than that. Dems should be held accountable when they step out of line and so should the Reps.

The Dems can complain about anything they want to during the senate trial. The conditions are not the same as the Clinton trial so trying to make modifications is totally fine. Especially given the public statements that have come from the Reps.
Dim whining that the rules aren't fair when they are exactly the same as for the Clinton impeachment shows what a bunch of douchebags Dims are.

When you have a blatant lie in your first sentence I can’t read any further. The Dems case is clearly not all lies. There is spin and hyperbole and mischaracterizations being made but there are also many disturbing facts being revealed. If you want your opinions respected then try being a little more honest.
There aren't any actual facts that I find disturbing.

The Democrats vowing to Impeach Trump 5 minutes after taking his oath of office and 4 years if continuous 'wutch hunts', FISA Court Abuses, illegal spying, and altered / manufactured evidence already provided all the 'motive' for this Impeachment that is needed.

Forum List

Back