I quit smoking a week ago after about 32 years of it

For me its ten days. Ten days of Hell and than I'm good.

I mean I've never decided to "quit" smoking weed but sometimes I go on these long ass breaks from it. For fitness and athletic reasons, but also so that my tolerance goes waaay down and so that when I smoke again, I'm like a weed virgin lol

Currently I haven't gotton blazed in about a year and a half...

Stay positive.

Think of the many advantages. Improving your health, saving money, no longer a slave to the cig, no longer stinking, coughing, putting burn holes in clothes, emptying ashtrays, having to go outside to smoke, etc...

Stay positive.

Think of the many advantages. Improving your health, saving money, no longer a slave to the cig, no longer stinking, coughing, putting burn holes in clothes, emptying ashtrays, having to go outside to smoke, etc...

all true

When I look at the prices of even the cheapest smokes around, I thank the Lord for giving me the strength to quit cold turkey about 15 years of so ago after having smoked for more than 40.

It's tough at first. But, as your sense of smell and taste return, you will discover all the wonderful things you've missed for years.

Hang in there. It's worth it.

Stay positive.

It's all about (re)establishing patterns. When I was ready a friend made the point that "it's not an addiction; it's a habit", which I found a very constructive way to think. An 'addiction' is something that has control over you while a 'habit' is a pattern you can break or reroute.

Our daily lives are made of patterns -- whatever the first thing we do when we get up is (coffee), where we leave our glasses before falling asleep, etc. Smoking for X number of years is a long-established pattern; the more you can run a new pattern to overwrite the old the further back the old one drops.

It's 32 years plus for me.

Another aid to breaking patterns: break several simultaneously. Rearrange the furniture, take a different route to work, find some new music -- give your brain the message that "we're in a different place now". It heightens you awareness and they reinforce each other.

Last edited:
So far so good! Went to work today without a back up inhaler thinking it would last all day. It died before lunch lol.
Only downside is I'm beginning to get some pain in my gums/teeth. Not really sure where it is originating from but it has me convinced that I need to ditch this inhaler thing soon.

So far so good! Went to work today without a back up inhaler thinking it would last all day. It died before lunch lol.
Only downside is I'm beginning to get some pain in my gums/teeth. Not really sure where it is originating from but it has me convinced that I need to ditch this inhaler thing soon.

what sort of inhaler

some cause thrush

what sort of inhaler

some cause thrush
1.8 mg Nicotine & whatever else is in it I don't know. It looks like smoke when I exhale but it's odorless.

Forum List

Back