🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

'I saw death everywhere. Some bodies were never recognised as their entire family had died.'

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
All it would have taken would have been some negotiating and compromising, and we wouldn't be reading articles like the following.

'I saw death everywhere. Some bodies were never recognised as their entire family had died.'
Two years on from the worst chemical weapons attack of recent years, conditions in the Damascus suburbs of East and West Ghouta have only got worse

Damascus05_3415257b.jpg

Wounded Syrian men wait to receive treatment at a make shift hospital in the rebel-held area of Douma, east of the capital Damascus, following air strikes by Syrian government forces Photo: Getty Images

By Louisa Loveluck and Magdy Samaan

6:55PM BST 21 Aug 2015

It was the attack that crossed President Obama’s ‘red line’ and was supposed to change the Syrian war. Two years ago today in the suburbs of eastern Damascus, the deaths of hundreds of civilians at the hands of a regime nerve gas attack brought Britain and America to the brink of intervention.

But for the residents of Eastern and Western Ghouta, an industrial and agricultural zone less than 10 miles from the centre of the capital, hopes of rescue have morphed painfully into a sense of abandonment.

The ‘game-changer’ has, if anything, made their lives worse.

More than 100,000 families remain under siege, under fire, and all but forgotten. The flow of people and goods is heavily restricted by troops loyal to Syria’s President Bashar al-Assad. Residents describe it as an open air prison which is constantly under threat from attack

Continue reading at:

'I saw death everywhere. Some bodies were never recognised as their entire family had died.'?

Forum List

Back