I should have looked at accord and Camry ??

That is a bad ass car. It ranks right up there at the top of the list for all time badassery. A Karman Ghia is up there too.

View attachment 789126

Karman Ghia is a great looking car - unfortunately just under-powered - but for cruising around, yeah sure does the job.

My favorite on the list would be an Alpina BMW 2002Tii or the 2002 Turbo - but $$$ wise - Jeeeesus. that is if you can even find an "original"

My white Pinto with red interior - and sliding roof!! was a great ladies pick up machine - but somehow they always started screeching and whining when I drove down the mountain pass (65-75mph) into Springs.:smoke:
One day got pulled over by a cop - so smart me started speaking German to him - no comprende - sorry, and he spoke back in fluent German telling me about his great time in the US Army stationed at Augsburg (my original hometown) and his love for the Autobahn - well I manged to get out of it .... lucky me.

Somewhere early on I got to drive an old Mercury version of the pinto. Think it was called a bobcat or something like that. It was a straight drive. The odd thing about that car was that once you sat down in the seat, it actually felt like the most ergonomically correct set up for driving a straight drive. It kind of fit like a glove.

Karman Ghia is a great looking car - unfortunately just under-powered - but for cruising around, yeah sure does the job.

My favorite on the list would be an Alpina BMW 2002Tii or the 2002 Turbo - but $$$ wise - Jeeeesus. that is if you can even find an "original"
That's a fascinating video where he converts it to an EV, and it is crazy fast, cruising along at 100 mph. But yea, very underpowered.

Hmm.. never liked Toyota - especially not front Wheel steering and during a snow blizzard in NM - had to wait for 2h for a caterpillar to drag me out :)

View attachment 789125

I drive trucks.
IMG_2605.jpeg

Somewhere early on I got to drive an old Mercury version of the pinto. Think it was called a bobcat or something like that. It was a straight drive. The odd thing about that car was that once you sat down in the seat, it actually felt like the most ergonomically correct set up for driving a straight drive. It kind of fit like a glove.
Yep - the ergonomic of the Pinto was great - it's actually what I liked most about it. Only the spongy-steering was a nightmare.

Remember that Pinto station wagon with wood foil decor? :)

Last edited:
The Wife was thinking about getting the BMW Z4 but after looking at the maintenance she was thinking no way.
And after test driving it she hated the lack of view.

2010-bmw-z4.jpg
Try out a standard Z3 (no M Model) - far more classic and not expensive to maintain.
BMW-Z3-M-Roadster.jpg

Last edited:
That's a fascinating video where he converts it to an EV, and it is crazy fast, cruising along at 100 mph. But yea, very underpowered.
There is a Chinese company that builds EV's based on the Chevrolet Corvette C1.

But EV for me? - I guess NEVER - or, not as long as I can avoid it. I need this original vroooom and some oily fumes coming out :)
C1.jpg

The reviews are saying accord and Camry are better or as good as Hyundai

I have a $500 deposit ?? For Hyundai
Today Any car car can get pricey to repair ..good mechanics don't friggin work for free either

Kia and Hyundai avoid ...
Toyota and Honda gooood
Vw or audi engines and trannies run and love you long time ...it's everything else that goes on em

A4 5 or 6
Go testdrive one

Do like a Mercedes 300c
Always loved them
Go test drive one of those to and get back to me

WTF?
You were told by several people including myself that Honda and Toyota are the best cars out there.
They have way higher resale values and last a very long time.
The Wife's 1992 4Runner got 275,000 miles with nothing more than basic maintenance.
Oh...She had to replace the power antenna and a drive shaft.
I have a buddy that bought a new nissan pickup and after going for a ride in my Tacoma he traded it in for one.
He's driven Toyotas ever since.
You will pay a huge premium for Honda and Toyota today because they are limiting production and supply

As much as $15,000 between a Toyota 4Runner or Honda Pilot and everything else on the market

But they are better cars in terms of overall quality

Hmm.. never liked Toyota - especially not front Wheel steering and during a snow blizzard in NM - had to wait for 2h for a caterpillar to drag me out :)

View attachment 789125
I got stuck driving from Nebraska back to Denver, CO in a small, Mazda Protégé during a major blizzard. Little 4-banger with front-wheel-drive. I was shocked but pleased that it handled the situation like a champ.

I got stuck driving from Nebraska back to Denver, CO in a small, Mazda Protégé during a major blizzard. Little 4-banger with front-wheel-drive. I was shocked but pleased that it handled the situation like a champ.
That Toyota's right axle was all buried in snow and ice - plus it had summer tires - no way to get out. It was the handling of the front-wheel drive upon me noticing a almost 3foot high snow drift running across the highway - that hurled the car onto the side-bank. Never had a handling issue on snow or ice before, with a back wheel drive. :smoke:

That Toyota's right axle was all buried in snow and ice - plus it had summer tires - no way to get out. It was the handling of the front-wheel drive upon me noticing a almost 3foot high snow drift running across the highway - that hurled the car onto the side-bank. Never had a handling issue on snow or ice before, with a back wheel drive. :smoke:
I made the mistake of buying a Dodge Dakota with rear-wheel drive only. I was trying to save cash. That turned out to be a bad idea since I was living in St. Joseph, MO at the time. That thing handled like crap in the snow and ice.

Forum List

Back