I Think Biden Has Killed MLB

The "estimated lost economic impact" from the relocation is more than $100 million, according to a statement from Holly Quinlan, president and CEO of Cobb Travel and Tourism.
This comes as the tourism industry, one of the hardest hit during the Covid-19 pandemic, is still struggling to rebound.
"In the initial stages of the pandemic, many Cobb [County] hotels saw single digit occupancy numbers," Quinlan said. "The 8,000-plus MLB contracted hotel room nights that will not actualize as a result of the MLB All-Star Game relocation will have a negative impact on Cobb's hospitality industry and other local businesses, further delaying recovery."
MLB's decision to move its All-Star Game out of Georgia will have a $100 million impact on the state, tourism official says - CNN

That's a lot of money, but what can be done now? Maybe its time for the state of Georgia to retaliate to get this money back from MLB? A special tax on pro baseball tickets, increasing the rent on baseball stadiums, tax on stadium beer, etc., until this $100 million can be recouped.

Most of America is going to boycott MLB.
Baseball still hasn't recovered from 'the strike' decades ago, and this final act (pulling the all-star game out of Georgia) will put a stake in Major League Baseball.

As with everything Biden touches....MLB is history.

Cancel culture!!! And most of American is pro less restrictive voting rights.
Republicans hate America.

Next they will boycott Hot Dogs and Apple Pie

Major league baseball isn't the same as baseball. Supporting high school baseball, kids baseball, church and industrial leagues is ok.

The problem is whether the taxpayers should be subjected to Financial Assrapery to support a political outfit with publicly owned stadiums.

IMHO, MLB teams should be evicted and build their own stadiums.

Further, they use the public airwaves. Banning them from publicly owned radio signals and letting them report their games in newspapers at their own expense is proper for a political outfit.
Why do you hate America?

Baseball still hasn't recovered from 'the strike' decades ago, and this final act (pulling the all-star game out of Georgia) will put a stake in Major League Baseball.

Lol, just because you think minorities are too ignorant to get an id. Doesn't mean all of us do.

Jeez, all this gnashing of teeth and screaming because ONE game was moved?? And it isn't even a real game. It is an exhibition game of the players voted as the best in MLB.

With all that is going on, THIS is the issue you want to act on? Pathetic.

The "estimated lost economic impact" from the relocation is more than $100 million, according to a statement from Holly Quinlan, president and CEO of Cobb Travel and Tourism.
This comes as the tourism industry, one of the hardest hit during the Covid-19 pandemic, is still struggling to rebound.
"In the initial stages of the pandemic, many Cobb [County] hotels saw single digit occupancy numbers," Quinlan said. "The 8,000-plus MLB contracted hotel room nights that will not actualize as a result of the MLB All-Star Game relocation will have a negative impact on Cobb's hospitality industry and other local businesses, further delaying recovery."
MLB's decision to move its All-Star Game out of Georgia will have a $100 million impact on the state, tourism official says - CNN
Ain't it great. All Star games are in the works for yrs...................LOLOL..Hail Stacy Abrams.LOLOLOL

So many lives will be hurt by this.................LOLOL.....................I'm so happy libturds
Where will they move the games? Maybe to a state that isn’t Jim Crowe 2.0
Don't matter to me. This game was planned for yrs and yrs. The economic pain will be so great I am dancing. I'm with you on this bro
They won't have any crowds...just a bunch of pictures in the stands..so what impact will the game have, somebody fill me in on the details.

Major league baseball isn't the same as baseball. Supporting high school baseball, kids baseball, church and industrial leagues is ok.

The problem is whether the taxpayers should be subjected to Financial Assrapery to support a political outfit with publicly owned stadiums.

IMHO, MLB teams should be evicted and build their own stadiums.

Further, they use the public airwaves. Banning them from publicly owned radio signals and letting them report their games in newspapers at their own expense is proper for a political outfit.
Why do you hate America?

I love America, I just don't think that the taxpayers should be ponying up for a political dog and pony show like MLB.

Why boycott major league baseball because ex-President Chaos tells you to do that?
Everything he touches dies. Baseball is essentially dead anyway, but why allow Trump to put the final nail in the coffin? Can't any of you think?
What does Trump have to do with this????

Stupid asshole.
He agreed with the idea of a boycott and you Trump fanatics are now drooling.
Stupid asshole.
I haven't watched baseball since the second strike. Now this just proves i made the right decision.

Jeez, all this gnashing of teeth and screaming because ONE game was moved?? And it isn't even a real game. It is an exhibition game of the players voted as the best in MLB.

Hey.....this is the America you liberals voted for.

Just like the cops. Republicans loved cops when they were murdering blacks. But not if they arrest people for not social distancing or when they defend the capitol from rioters.
Yeah....social distancing.....throw them in jail for not staying 6 feet from everyone outside.
This should be classified as attempted murder, right?
Dumbass?

Question, can you breathe on your own without the approval of the Democrat Party?
I know you aren't capable otherwise.
Arnold swartsanigger a republican said it best. Of course global warming is real and of course we need to get away from fossil fuels.

Let me put you in a room with a gas car, or battery car, for a day. Which one you pick?

I listen to rational honest republicans

Hey.....this is the America you liberals voted for.

Oh? So the liberals are throwing fits over MLB moving one inconsequential game? I must've missed that thread.

That's a lot of money, but what can be done now? Maybe its time for the state of Georgia to retaliate to get this money back from MLB? A special tax on pro baseball tickets, increasing the rent on baseball stadiums, tax on stadium beer, etc., until this $100 million can be recouped.
Plenty of States that love America will gladly take the Braves off their hands

Just like the cops. Republicans loved cops when they were murdering blacks. But not if they arrest people for not social distancing or when they defend the capitol from rioters.
You mean Floyd was going to die no matter what happened. There i corrected it for you.

Ain't it great. All Star games are in the works for yrs...................LOLOL..Hail Stacy Abrams.LOLOLOL

So many lives will be hurt by this.................LOLOL.....................I'm so happy libturds
Where will they move the games? Maybe to a state that isn’t Jim Crowe 2.0
Don't matter to me. This game was planned for yrs and yrs. The economic pain will be so great I am dancing. I'm with you on this bro
They won't have any crowds...just a bunch of pictures in the stands..so what impact will the game have, somebody fill me in on the details.
Trump hotel washington made a lot of money when foreign dignitaries visited. I’m sure the Georgia hotel industry wants this game played in Atlanta.

Why are you so anxious to support the millionaires and billionaires who own MLB with Corporate Welfare and publicly funded stadiums? What's so "American" about it?

You mean Floyd was going to die no matter what happened. There i corrected it for you.
Very true
Floyd would have died eventually.

It s just a coincidence that he died after having oxygen cut off

Sure he was. So we’re the four people murdered at the insurrection. Including police officers who you claim to respect

Why are you so anxious to support the millionaires and billionaires who own MLB with Corporate Welfare and publicly funded stadiums? What's so "American" about it?

Baseball is......America’s Pastime

Only those who hate America want to ban it

Forum List

Back