I think I know what I'm going to do with my stabilizing brace.

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
IMG_20230520_111149413~2.jpg

IMG_20230520_111459109~2.jpg

Since surface area and shoulderability are the issue, I'm thinking I'll remove the blade section and retain the strap slots.

That way I can still use the strap to stabilize the pistol as intended...not as well...but it will still work.

What do you think?

What do you think?
I think that creativity isn't going to solve the real problem or reduce the risk of prosecution in the long term. As long as we allow feckin' BUREAUCRATS to make laws, it will be a losing game. If someone comes up with a good solution and markets it, guess who's in the ATF's sights then?

What are these brace things you speak of? ;)

LOL.....Given that the compliance rate for the amnesty period is under 10% I think millions of folks have said, "nice ruling you got there Mr. ATF man but I don't think I'll be doing that today".

So you can't have non-removable suppressors on your firearm without buying a tax stamp? That's not what the law said last time I read it.

Now you gotta buy a tax stamp for permanent integrated suppressor firearms? Bah!

Last edited:
Is this legal or not? :icon_rolleyes:
Fine for BP revolvers, not so much for SAAs.

That said there are exceptions that the ATF cleared like Bolo Mauser pistols of all types, Arty Lugers, and WW-2 Canadian and chi-com contract Browning H-Ps.

I've really not looked in years but look in section three pg 23 for cleared weapons. The previous pages are for un-cleared.

Fine for BP revolvers, not so much for SAAs.

That said there are exceptions that the ATF cleared like Bolo Mauser pistols of all types, Arty Lugers, and WW-2 Canadian and chi-com contract Browning H-Ps.

I've really not looked in years but look in section three pg 23 for cleared weapons. The previous pages are for un-cleared.

Why does it have to be so complicated?

The ATF should have been abolished when the 18th amendment was repealed.

View attachment 787171

View attachment 787172

Since surface area and shoulderability are the issue, I'm thinking I'll remove the blade section and retain the strap slots.

That way I can still use the strap to stabilize the pistol as intended...not as well...but it will still work.

What do you think?
I keep my stabilizing brace "as is" and handy, in my backpack incase needed for hiking, skiing and kayaking.
1684603952202.png

I think this is a bunch of silliness over nothing.
Fact.

With a drill, a saw, a spade bit and a 2x4 I could make a better butt stock than this blade stabilizer in 10 minutes.

Give me an hour and I'll have something you'd want for your pistol.

It's nothing but a power play.

Forum List

Back