I wanna challenge everyone to read the entire Bible this year

Scripture is about one thing or another, even if figurative language is used.

If hashev is what he claims to be he would have seen this same thing....

Even if he didn't and is a liar his odds of being right are fifty fifty.

I was just wondering if Hashev is brazen enough to gamble in the name of the Lord.
If you don't read the Torah in Hebrew for a few years and read TNT you'll have no idea what you're reading.

Hebrew doesn't have any exclusive right to figurative language. In fact people of every language and culture have been using figurative speech ever since people could talk.

Anyone who understands basic literary techniques, metaphors, analogies, homonyms, hyperbole, etc., has enough of an education to find the hidden teachings in both the Torah and the Gospels even if they only know English.

Thats just about everyone who made it past the second grade...

The implications of a talking serpent translates perfectly into the exact same thing in every language. Comparing people to animals to praise or insult is universal vernacular that all people know before they ever go to school or learn how to read..

A person will either apply their mind to understand by thinking deeply or they won't.

Its a matter of will, not intelligence.
Uh...no.

Oh really? your ancestors didn't covertly codify separation from irrational people by concealing the subjects of refrain in a menu?

You really believe that a person can become holy or defiled by eating or refraining from certain foods?

A talking serpent in genesis is some mystical mystery that only a very few select people can comprehend and has nothing whatever to do with the command in kosher law to refrain from the flesh of anything that crawls on its belly?

Comparing other people to animals according to their defining attributes to either praise or insult is not universal vernacular shared by people of every language ever since people could talk?

Sorry, I must have mistaken you for a rational person....
The "Heavenly Inspired" translation of the first verse of the Torah was mistranslated.
So much for TNT which freely mistranslates Torah and Prophets incorrectly like flinging mud at a wall.

Go to a Hebrew speaking priest and without mentioning the context of our conversation and ask him to translate the first verse and get back to me.
What would he say?

I just finished Genesis. And have read 3 chapters in Matthew.
Take your time and read for meaning.
I will check back occasionally to monitor your progress;)

Read it years ago.

The Epic of Gilgamesh is more interesting.

I'm just saying.

If you don't read the Torah in Hebrew for a few years and read TNT you'll have no idea what you're reading.

Hebrew doesn't have any exclusive right to figurative language. In fact people of every language and culture have been using figurative speech ever since people could talk.

Anyone who understands basic literary techniques, metaphors, analogies, homonyms, hyperbole, etc., has enough of an education to find the hidden teachings in both the Torah and the Gospels even if they only know English.

The implications of a talking serpent translates perfectly into the exact same thing in every language. Comparing people to animals to praise or insult is universal vernacular that all people know before they ever go to school or learn how to read..

A person will either apply their mind to understand by thinking deeply or they won't.

Uh...no.

Oh really? your ancestors didn't covertly codify separation from irrational people by concealing the subjects of refrain in a menu?

You really believe that a person can become holy or defiled by eating or refraining from certain foods?

A talking serpent in genesis is some mystical mystery that only a very few select people can comprehend and has nothing whatever to do with the command in kosher law to refrain from the flesh of anything that crawls on its belly?

Comparing other people to animals according to their defining attributes to either praise or insult is not universal vernacular shared by people of every language ever since people could talk?

The "Heavenly Inspired" translation of the first verse of the Torah was mistranslated.
So much for TNT which freely mistranslates Torah and Prophets incorrectly like flinging mud at a wall.

Go to a Hebrew speaking priest and without mentioning the context of our conversation and ask him to translate the first verse and get back to me.
What would he say?
After Hobelim does his homework.

Uh...no.

What would he say?
Ok, but you shouldn't hold your breath.

Scripture is about one thing or another, even if figurative language is used.

If hashev is what he claims to be he would have seen this same thing....

Even if he didn't and is a liar his odds of being right are fifty fifty.

I was just wondering if Hashev is brazen enough to gamble in the name of the Lord.

Uh...no.

Ask a Hebrew speaking priest about scripture? lol... A guy who studied the bible and walked away with a belief that God is edible? Are you joking?

What does deliberate NT mistranslations have to do with the fact that the Torah itself can be read and discerned by anyone who applies their mind to understand the hidden teachings?

Do you not know that there is hidden teaching in the law that has been deliberately withheld which amounts to rebellion against God who gave the law to be a light to the nations from the beginning?

I read it about 25 years ago. Poorly written and a terrible plot. Sad ending.
Why don't I believe snarky people? Maybe it's because so often their comments are lies and they are so dishonest and cowardly, they don't have the courage to say what they really think.

As for the Bible challenge, I've read all the Gospels, some of the other books in both the Old and New Testament, but can't verify that over 60 years I've read it all.

Since I take it as a book of Wisdom and not literally the word of God, I'm only drawn to parts that come up as points of interest.

Uh...no.

Ask a Hebrew speaking priest about scripture? lol... A guy who studied the bible and walked away with a belief that God is edible? Are you joking?

What does deliberate NT mistranslations have to do with the fact that the Torah itself can be read and discerned by anyone who applies their mind to understand the hidden teachings?

Do you not know that there is hidden teaching in the law that has been deliberately withheld which amounts to rebellion against God who gave the law to be a light to the nations from the beginning?
No joke...do it or concede.
As for your "hidden" knowledge, it's hidden from the non-Jews.
I'll post the verse from Psalms when I get home.

Why? Because it's only about 35 pages?

Nah, better myths.

Besides, Gilgamesh parted a sea a full thousand years before Moses did, so he gets points for originality.
Prove your "better myths" theory. It's easier to believe you just like a 35 page story to support your bashing of Christians.

Unlike you, I think there is much to be learned from both, although I also believe none should be taken literally.

[
Prove your "better myths" theory. It's easier to believe you just like a 35 page story to support your bashing of Christians.

Unlike you, I think there is much to be learned from both, although I also believe none should be taken literally.

I think there is more to believe from a good physics book.

Uh...no.

Psalms 147 / Hebrew Bible in English / Mechon-Mamre
Psalms 147...
19 He declareth His word unto Jacob, His statutes and His ordinances unto Israel.
20 He hath not dealt so with any nation; and as for His ordinances, they have not known them.

I think there is more to believe from a good physics book.
Physics is good, just like other areas of scientific research, but if you want believe all there is to life is scientific fact, I think you are missing a big part of life.

If you want to believe human beings are simply mobile meat computers worth no more than any other machine, biological or mechanical, that's your choice, but I disagree with such an attitude.

Spirituality is not always logical and it's not always emotional either. It's something else that linear brain cannot explain, but a holistic brain knows is there.

Uh...no.

Are we reading the same Bible? Because He tells us we are rebels against Him from the get go. You think that has changed?

Uh...no.

Psalms 147...
19 He declareth His word unto Jacob, His statutes and His ordinances unto Israel.
20 He hath not dealt so with any nation; and as for His ordinances, they have not known them.
Doesn't the Torah mention a people who rejected His ways before Israel?

Uh...no.

What would he say?
It doesn't seem like he wants to do his homework, but I still would like to hear your answer if you wouldn't mind terribly.

Uh...no.

Are we reading the same Bible? Because He tells us we are rebels against Him from the get go. You think that has changed?
He's probably a nice guy but becomes an idiot zealot when the discussion turns to religion.

Psalms 147...
When the Jews accepted The Torah at Mount Sinai it was also offered to all the other nations and they declined.

Psalms 147...
When the Jews accepted The Torah at Mount Sinai it was also offered to all the other nations and they declined.
Ok, but before that. What does the Torah say about before that?

He's probably a nice guy but becomes an idiot zealot when the discussion turns to religion.
That would be seeing him in the best possible light. That is a position that would be hard to fault.

Forum List

Back