I wanna challenge everyone to read the entire Bible this year

This isn't a debate thread.
Who are you addressing and what is your point?
I think his point is that he wants us to carry on with this conversation in another thread. This is his OP.
His OP infers he understands what he refers to as the Old Testament.
I believe I just proved him to be incorrect.

Reading the Bible IS a great idea but CANNOT be done without guidance.
Technically it can be done without guidance. The question is should it? To that end I would say reading without guidance is preferable to not reading it at all. P@triot laid out a good plan in post #62. Besides the Lord is always willing to provide guidance to men of good will.

I think his point is that he wants us to carry on with this conversation in another thread. This is his OP.

Technically it can be done without guidance. The question is should it? To that end I would say reading without guidance is preferable to not reading it at all. P@triot laid out a good plan in post #62. Besides the Lord is always willing to provide guidance to men of good will.
TNT can be read without guidance but it gets confusing when the Gospels push different agendas.
For instance, Matthew and John are VERY damning of Jews.
But that's what happens when you're trying to start a new religion.

Doesn't the Torah mention a people who rejected His ways before Israel?
When the Jews accepted The Torah at Mount Sinai it was also offered to all the other nations and they declined.
Ok, but before that. What does the Torah say about before that?

Before that...
The Torah is not a history book; it's a moral document.
God creates existence filled with almost endless delights for the mind, soul and body and asks for simple in return...
Appreciate Me.

I'll tell you what, eat whatever you want from the seemingly endless number of trees I have provided for you...
Just show your appreciation by not eating from ONE tree.

Does it matter if it was a tree?
No; but that's what God decided on.
And let's not lose sight of the fact that Adam & Chava (Eve) had every opportunity to eat from the Tree of Life; but they didn't.
The Tree of Life may have had prerequisites to eating from it.
For instance, you CAN eat from the Tree of Life if you DON'T eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good & Bad.
Prior t eating from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good & Bad, they full well knew the difference between True & False.
By violating God's request, they caused themselves enough tension to cloud their judgment.
After all, try telling your boss you just embezzled several hundred million dollars without first working on an elaborate plan to hide your embezzlement.

Adam and Chana and Kayin (Cain) didn't live up to the standard required to have exposure to the Tree of Life.

Noach (Noah) ALMOST made it but couldn't handle the devastation of humanity he didn't pray for to save.

It took 10 more generations for God to find ONE person to achieve entry back to the Garden...Avraham.

I think God would have been happier if he could focus on MILLIONS of people rather than just ONE.

And so prior to the giving of the 10 Commandments, NO ONE was offered the job.
DURING the giving of the 10 Commandments, the WHOLE world was offered the job.
Only the Jews accepted the position.
The first five books were written by Moses, an adopted son of the king of Egypt (1400 B.C.), right? These five books focus on the beginning of the nation of Israel; but the first 11 chapters records the history that all nations have in common, right?
Moses was the son of Amram, the grandson of Levi, the 3rd son of Jacob and Yocheved, the daughter of Levi.
Yocheved was VERY old when she gave birth to Moshe.
So was ahmose the pharaoh of the exodus?

That idea has potential when humanity acts in a HUMANE and dignified manner.
Much of the world does not.
The Torah goes out of it's way to impose on Jews to respect all people.

I'm not sure you understood, the Triumph of Good vs Evil is not for only individuals, it will be the Final Day of Judgement when all humanity alive becomes one or the other where there is an ending or Admission to the Everlasting.

The Torah goes out of it's way to impose on Jews to respect all people ...

the Achilles heal for your religion.

I'm not sure you understood, the Triumph of Good vs Evil is not for only individuals, it will be the Final Day of Judgement when all humanity alive becomes one or the other where there is an ending or Admission to the Everlasting.

The Torah is GOD's blueprint for existence; are you stating God is imperfect?

When the Jews accepted The Torah at Mount Sinai it was also offered to all the other nations and they declined.
Ok, but before that. What does the Torah say about before that?

Before that...
The Torah is not a history book; it's a moral document.
God creates existence filled with almost endless delights for the mind, soul and body and asks for simple in return...
Appreciate Me.

I'll tell you what, eat whatever you want from the seemingly endless number of trees I have provided for you...
Just show your appreciation by not eating from ONE tree.

Does it matter if it was a tree?
No; but that's what God decided on.
And let's not lose sight of the fact that Adam & Chava (Eve) had every opportunity to eat from the Tree of Life; but they didn't.
The Tree of Life may have had prerequisites to eating from it.
For instance, you CAN eat from the Tree of Life if you DON'T eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good & Bad.
Prior t eating from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good & Bad, they full well knew the difference between True & False.
By violating God's request, they caused themselves enough tension to cloud their judgment.
After all, try telling your boss you just embezzled several hundred million dollars without first working on an elaborate plan to hide your embezzlement.

Adam and Chana and Kayin (Cain) didn't live up to the standard required to have exposure to the Tree of Life.

Noach (Noah) ALMOST made it but couldn't handle the devastation of humanity he didn't pray for to save.

It took 10 more generations for God to find ONE person to achieve entry back to the Garden...Avraham.

I think God would have been happier if he could focus on MILLIONS of people rather than just ONE.

And so prior to the giving of the 10 Commandments, NO ONE was offered the job.
DURING the giving of the 10 Commandments, the WHOLE world was offered the job.
Only the Jews accepted the position.
The first five books were written by Moses, an adopted son of the king of Egypt (1400 B.C.), right? These five books focus on the beginning of the nation of Israel; but the first 11 chapters records the history that all nations have in common, right?
Moses was the son of Amram, the grandson of Levi, the 3rd son of Jacob and Yocheved, the daughter of Levi.
Yocheved was VERY old when she gave birth to Moshe.
So was ahmose the pharaoh of the exodus?
I don't know and I don't care.
Jews don't care.
Evil by any name is evil.

No. It isn't. Respecting others is a successful behavior which will naturally lead to success.

TNT can be read without guidance but it gets confusing when the Gospels push different agendas.
For instance, Matthew and John are VERY damning of Jews.
But that's what happens when you're trying to start a new religion.
Let's be honest. It can all be very confusing when the right attitude is not applied.

Which is a matter so complicated only God can make those individual determinations.
I don't know how many evil people have been reincarnated and rectified the horrors of a prior lifetime.

I just finished Genesis. And have read 3 chapters in Matthew.
Take your time and read for meaning.
I will check back occasionally to monitor your progress;)

I'm reading Robin Hobb, much more fun, better read, and you'll learn more than from the Bible.

Wow, what a waste of ones time....

Reading a book written thousands of years ago that seeks to brainwash the population against science and rational thought.

Thanks for confirming you never read the Bible because you are way off base.

Which is a matter so complicated only God can make those individual determinations.
I don't know how many evil people have been reincarnated and rectified the horrors of a prior lifetime.
Which is a matter so complicated only God can make those individual determinations. I don't know how many evil people have been reincarnated and rectified the horrors of a prior lifetime.

that isn't what was being discussed, the assent of humanity.

I read it a couple of times, but it was just a cursory reading. When I actually took the time to research what I read, I realized that it is now mostly just used as a tool for scam artists to take people's money. There is a lot in there that could help a person enjoy a better life. Too bad it is used as an excuse to justify so much hared.

It's a great book that can lead to happiness, however many men have used this book to blind and dumb down the masses.

Which is a matter so complicated only God can make those individual determinations. I don't know how many evil people have been reincarnated and rectified the horrors of a prior lifetime.

And THAT'S the difference between spending a lifetime learning God's blueprint and reading TNT.
You are insinuating that God is SIMPLE and that His ways of discerning the merits of humans is SIMPLE.
Such is NOT the case.

And THAT'S the difference between spending a lifetime learning God's blueprint and reading TNT.
You are insinuating that God is SIMPLE and that His ways of discerning the merits of humans is SIMPLE.
Such is NOT the case.
Such is NOT the case.

Garden Earth is the literature of the Almighty maybe your book or theres can help ... from it the religion of the Almighty is there for you to find - The Triumph of Good vs Evil, that's all there is. for Spiritual Admission to the Everlasting.

GOD's blueprint for existence. That's a nice way of putting it. I've described it as a how to book. How to live and how not to live. Mind if I use that phrase?

GOD's blueprint for existence. That's a nice way of putting it. I've described it as a how to book. How to live and how not to live. Mind if I use that phrase?
Be my guest...That's how it's referred to in Jewish literature.

Such is NOT the case.
Such is NOT the case.

Garden Earth is the literature of the Almighty maybe your book or theres can help ... from it the religion of the Almighty is there for you to find - The Triumph of Good vs Evil, that's all there is. for Spiritual Admission to the Everlasting.
Once again...in English.

Such is NOT the case.
Such is NOT the case.

Once again...in English.
I think he is softening his position on religion, but I am not certain. The best I have been able to get from him is that religion, especially Christianity, is bad. He doesn't talk about his faith at all other than vague references to Almighty, The Triumph of Good vs Evil and Spiritual Admission to the Everlasting. So, yes, he has a problem communicating. Language is part of it, I think.

I just finished Genesis. And have read 3 chapters in Matthew.
Take your time and read for meaning.
I will check back occasionally to monitor your progress;)
Read it as a kid and as a teen. Determined it was crap then and haven't changed my mind since.
Free yourself from the primitive superstitious nonsense.

Forum List

Back