I won the lottery of life, I am English.

The Americans invented the traffic roundabouts.

Defining Moment: The British invent the modern roundabout, 1966. The traffic roundabout first arrived in Paris and New York in the 1900s. Britain was a late developer, only getting round to building its first one at Hyde Park Corner in 1926. But these early “traffic circles” were fairly anarchic

If Britain is a late developer, it's certainly made up for it. Just listen to the car GPS in the UK.

That reminds me, my Tom Tom has 2 traffic camera updates :)

Prove me wrong on this one, Roy:

The Germans invented Marmite.

yep you are correct !
It was invented by accident. In the late 19th Century a German scientist, Justus Liebig, discovered brewer's yeast could be concentrated, bottled and eaten. In 1902 the Marmite Food Company was founded in Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, where the raw material was readily available from the town's brewers

yep you are correct !
It was invented by accident. In the late 19th Century a German scientist, Justus Liebig, discovered brewer's yeast could be concentrated, bottled and eaten. In 1902 the Marmite Food Company was founded in Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, where the raw material was readily available from the town's brewers

And there's something about baked beans I bet you don't know.:45:

yep you are correct !

Only cross and Blackwell beans give you proper wind!

yep you are correct !

Only cross and Blackwell beans give you proper wind!

lol.

Actually, I heard it from another fact finder bloke. So I looked it up.

The biggest baked beans factory in the world is Heinz; in a town between Manchester and Liverpool. Could it be Wigan?

And there is a secret ingredient in the sauce that has not been duplicated anywhere else. The Belgians tried, but it's not the same.

The Americans call our version of baked beans 'vegetarian'.

The biggest baked beans factory in the world is Heinz; in a town between Manchester and Liverpool.

now i understand>>>

DqR0Kq0XgAALFTW.jpg

~S~

Speaking of bullock whips, you can guess what's running through my mind.

:dev3:
Hats with corks on the end of strings?

I'd better not say. It might ruin you for life.

Greg knows.

Thank you. For I’m been a very worldly protected Brit all my life... I don’t even know how to swear properly.

So you haven't played Rugger?

Greg
I’m English, of course I’ve played rugby, it was beaten into me to learn the rules. In fact I played no7 wing 3/4 for school and under 21 local club.
I'm not so much a rubgy fan but I swear I've never heard anything as captivating as the Flower of Scotland...Listen Up!

On the other hand I prefer soccer and especially Liverpool the best team who always come back to beat the opponent, I remember this one of the best of Liverpool

Again great music:thup:

On the other hand I prefer soccer and especially Liverpool the best team who always come back to beat the opponent, I remember this one of the best of Liverpool

Again great music:thup:

YNWA!

Hats with corks on the end of strings?

I'd better not say. It might ruin you for life.

Greg knows.

Thank you. For I’m been a very worldly protected Brit all my life... I don’t even know how to swear properly.

So you haven't played Rugger?

Greg
I’m English, of course I’ve played rugby, it was beaten into me to learn the rules. In fact I played no7 wing 3/4 for school and under 21 local club.
I'm not so much a rubgy fan but I swear I've never heard anything as captivating as the Flower of Scotland...Listen Up!

Oh God what terrible lyrics

O Flower of Scotland,
When will we see
Your like again,
That fought and died for,
Your wee bit Hill and Glen,
And stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,
To think again.
The Hills are bare now,
And Autumn leaves