I wonder why liberals always blame only white Christians for rejecting homosexuality.

Reform Judaism, the primary form in the US, has little to say one way or the other about homosexuality.

I don't recall Buddhists having much to say either.

It's true that most black churches and mosques have viewed homosexuality with less openness that probably the maj of the rest of us.

I think Owl should be very careful in the lockerroom. You never know......

I would like to see the author of this thread name one liberal who has stated, unequivocally, that he or she ONLY blames white Christians for 'rejecting homosexuality'.

My Humble Opinion:

Folks from all over the spectrum try to marginalize their opposition. Supporters of gay rights try to paint those who oppose their position as backwoods, Bible-thumping religious zealots because if you can make your opposition look unattractive, you can limit their impact.

It's the same thing all over the place. These boards are a good example. How often have other posters refused to discuss the merits of your arguments and positions and elected to just fling derogatory labels at you instead?

I can respect Christians who talk-the talk, walk-the-walk, and show courage in defense of their convictions. But as a Christian myself, I hate to see my faith basterdized by folks who want to exploit Christians in order to pursue their political objectives. It's why Christ taught us to keep the Church and State separate when he said, "Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's. Give unto God what is God's."

The separation of Church and State protects the Church even more than it protects the State.

Last edited:
Can someone with a mind explain that one? Is it me? Have any of you ever noticed how the left seems to think it is only the white American Christian hetero-sexual man that rejects or classifies homosexuality as sin?

Ever notice how they never attack muslims in public for that same thing, or Buddhists, or Hindus, or.......Jews?

Is homosexuality kosher? I wonder if a sports person like Mike Greenberg will renounce Judaism for their stance on homosexuality.

Lets not forget that the left believes the Tea Party is equal to the KKK. Yes, they are that brainwashed.

Now, back to the topic. Lets see a left wing hypocrite, publicly berate those other religions that consist mainly of brown colored people that also vehemently reject homosexuality and vehemently believe it is an abomination.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now, lets be prepared for liberal double talk everyone. It should be funny. Pathetic, but funny.
I don't know about Buddhists or Hindus, but Fundamentalist Christians and Fundamentalist Muslims both reject homosexuality.

I would like to see the author of this thread name one liberal who has stated, unequivocally, that he or she ONLY blames white Christians for 'rejecting homosexuality'.

Its just the only people you bring up. Combine an inability to scold brown people with the knowledge that if you did go after them you would piss off a sizable portion of your base, and there you have it.

Can someone with a mind explain that one? Is it me? Have any of you ever noticed how the left seems to think it is only the white American Christian hetero-sexual man that rejects or classifies homosexuality as sin?

Ever notice how they never attack muslims in public for that same thing, or Buddhists, or Hindus, or.......Jews?

Is homosexuality kosher? I wonder if a sports person like Mike Greenberg will renounce Judaism for their stance on homosexuality.

Lets not forget that the left believes the Tea Party is equal to the KKK. Yes, they are that brainwashed.

Now, back to the topic. Lets see a left wing hypocrite, publicly berate those other religions that consist mainly of brown colored people that also vehemently reject homosexuality and vehemently believe it is an abomination.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now, lets be prepared for liberal double talk everyone. It should be funny. Pathetic, but funny.

There are black religious denominations which do not support gays.

It is the religious element which tends to be the deciding factor in the oppression of homosexuals, not the skin color element of the bigot.

But it is pretty evident on this forum that the majority of homophobes here are on the Right.

Last edited:

Its just the only people you bring up. Combine an inability to scold brown people with the knowledge that if you did go after them you would piss off a sizable portion of your base, and there you have it.

So liberals don't take black anti-gay conservatives to task? They get some sort of a pass from the left?

Like who? Name them.

Here's how you defend the OP's 'argument', if it were defensible:

1. List a number of prominent anti-gay black Americans.

2. Prove that liberals have given them some sort of pass by showing how liberals attack them less than they would attack anti-gay white Americans.

The next time a Rabbi "Fred Phelps" goes on the streetcorner holding a sign "god hates fags", I'll be the first one to critisize him. Okay?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is the religious element which tends to be the deciding factor in the oppression of homosexuals, not the skin color element of the bigot.

But it is pretty evident on this forum that the majority of homophobes here are on the Right.

Never been a big fan of the "homophobe" label. Personally, I don't think society has any vested interest in telling one person what other person he or she can marry.

But if someone else feels differently, I don't think that means they have an irrational fear of homosexuality. I think there is a difference between having a moral objection or thinking there is an adverse impact on society and having an irrational fear.

Are people who are against abortion, abortophobes? High taxophobes? government wastophobes?

Not a huge issue, but I think it is just one of the ways that people tend to try to marginalize those they disagree with.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Never been a big fan of the "homophobe" label. Personally, I don't think society has any vested interest in telling one person what other person he or she can marry.

But if someone else feels differently, I don't think that means they have an irrational fear of homosexuality. I think there is a difference between having a moral objection or thinking there is an adverse impact on society and having an irrational fear.

Are people who are against abortion, abortophobes? High taxophobes? government wastophobes?

Not a huge issue, but I think it is just one of the ways that people tend to try to marginalize those they disagree with.

It is the gay community that has been marginalized not the anti-gay community.

I think there have been plenty of attempts to marginalize both sides. Maybe one side has been more effective at doing it in the past and maybe the other side is gaining ground ??????

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The reality is that society bestows a great deal of cash and prizes on married people, thus putting them in a specially protected class. A protection that was demanded and given. Now some of those who have been under that protection and have been receiving all that government cash and prizes are upset someone else is asking for the same protections. And their only reason, once you strip away all the logical fallacies, is "God hates fags!"

Are people who are against abortion, abortophobes?

Sure! I am prejudiced against abortions.

High taxophobes?

Yep. I am definitely afraid of high taxes. And prejudiced against them.

government wastophobes?

You bet. I hate government waste and am very prejudiced against it.

So...yeah. "Homophobe" works.

Last edited:

2. Prove that liberals have given them some sort of pass by showing how liberals attack them less than they would attack anti-gay white Americans.
Why don't you disprove the OP, and find where the majority of libroids publicly berate, name call and ridicule MUSLIMS for being ANTI HOMO and link to it for PROOF.

We'll wait...

Why don't you disprove the OP, and find where the majority of libroids publicly berate, name call and ridicule MUSLIMS for being ANTI HOMO and link to it for PROOF.

We'll wait...

Well, I think in America we Christians got muslims outnumbered prolly 10K to one, but then Pat "deeper" Robertson wouldn't think me a Christian, so I don't really see the pesky muslims as a serious source of intolerance.

I think there have been plenty of attempts to marginalize both sides. Maybe one side has been more effective at doing it in the past and maybe the other side is gaining ground ??????

The only thing that has been marginalized on the anti-gay side is their ability to have power over gay people.

I will never understand how anyone could see the anti-gay crowd play the victim card and not laugh their ass off. It is a farce and a sad one at that.

The reality is that society bestows a great deal of cash and prizes on married people, thus putting them in a specially protected class. A protection that was demanded and given. Now some of those who have been under that protection and have been receiving all that government cash and prizes are upset someone else is asking for the same protections. And their only reason, once you strip away all the logical fallacies, is "God hates fags!"

I agree 100% with everything except the last sentence. (and maybe 85% of the last sentence.) But I do think there are those who truly believe that homosexuality is harmful for society. Even if their "examples" tend to fall apart under scrutiny, I think calling it an irrational fear is too harsh.

Most Progressives openly berate the Taliban for their treatment of women and everyone else. Progressives also routinely criticize Israel for war crimes against Palestinians. It doesn't make much sense to be outraged by free abortions since legal abortions should be safe and free in a civilized society if the parent or parents so choose.

As for the idea that Progressives only target white Christians, this is mainly because white Christians are the ones pushing most for outlawing abortion, gay marriage, voter rights, etc. White Christians put more money into superPACs than any other race of Christians, so it makes sense to make white Christians the main target of criticism. There is a separation of Church and State in the US, regardless of what Christians of any race think. Your Bible is wrong as Jesus didn't say a single word about homosexuality being a sin. He did say that greed is a sin. This is not a Christian nation and if it was, we would spend more money on feeding the poor than we do on bombing them with drones or locking them in cages over marijuana.

Last edited:
I blame Protestants.

pew_research_gay_marriagex400_0.jpg

Forum List

Back