I wouldn't vote to convict the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks of murder

He was not shot in the back
Yes he was stupid.

" "His cause of death: gunshot wounds of the back," an investigator from the medical examiner’s office told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "
Eh? He was drunk?
Now youre 0-465
He was drunk and you got lambasted yesterday. Relax, snowflake.
He was shot in the back and you just claimed he wasnt loser. Back to the bench you go. :)
My bad. Not what I meant. Meant to type another sentence and hit the reply by accident.

He was not shot in the back. Well he was literally but that was not the intent.

What I wanted to post.
Of course it was.

When you shoot at a man running away from you the intent is to shoot him in the back.
And if he kills a kid or an elderly person with the tazer then the cop is vilified. Why did he resist arrest?
He was he going to kill a kid or an elderly person with a non working dropped taser? For that matter what makes you think he would mess with anyone?
Malfunctioning not non working. It could have worked. So you may play what if games and I may not? Got it...
Sure if he had any replacement cartridges.

But he didn't.

And once again he dropped the Taser at the scene BEFORE he ran so who could he have used it on?
Did you watch the video? It was bang bang. First shot hit him in the side the next two in the back. Not sure why it escalated so fast. Cops could not let him go after he resisted arrest either. Very messy. Why did he resist?
Nope. Youre wrong again. Both shots hit him in the back the other shot almost killed someone in a car.
There were three shots. Not two. I watched it and it looked like the shots rang as he was firing his tazer.
Read my comment again.
How could you tell the video is flawed at best. To me it looked like it was bang bang. If he cooperated and didn’t resist arrest then he would still be alive.
I could tell because I can see and I can read. Two shots to his back and the other almost killed someone in a car.
Where in the back? I bet they are closer to the side. Again if he doesn’t resist none of this happens.
I didnt do the autopsy and really it doesnt matter. The back is the back. People resist all the time. It shouldnt end up with him getting shot in the back.
All the time? Maybe that’s the problem. Resisting arrest, assault and battery on a police officer, taking a weapon from a police officer? This death was 100% preventable. Don’t commit crimes. Jeezus! Just don’t commit crimes and if you do then don’t resist arrest!

And could have, would have, might have scenarios are irrelevant.

That Taser had one shot. The shot missed by a mile then he dropped it. There was no way he could have incapacitated the cop with the taser after he dropped it.

As a civilian if I shot an unarmed man in the back as he was running away from me there is no way in hell any court would accept a self defense plea. Why should a trained police officer be held to a lower standard than a civilian?
As I stated multiple times, any individual who would choose to assault an officer, steal his weapon, and attempt to shoot a policeman - knowing the police already have his name and info - has proven he is a danger to the police and the community.

People can keep skipping right over all the criminal acts Brooks committed - resisting arrest, assault, attempted to shoot / stun the policeman - and just focus on the action taken by the policeman if they want but that is refusing to hold Brooks accountable for his own mistakes / crimes in this.

The biggest lesson here is not how the cops are monsters and love to kill blacks, both a lie.
The lesson here are:
1. RESPECT the Cops
2. Comply with what they ask you to do.
3. Do NOT resist the police.
4. Do NOT attack / assault the police.
5. Don't take a policeman's weapon
6. Don't try to shoot / stun a cop

BEFORE Brooks was shot, had he followed any of these things he would be alive today. Period. Dot.

No one cares what you stated. That is evidenced by the fact that the POS is now an ex-cop and soon to be facing charges.
I care and we ll see once the Union comes to his defense. This is not cut and dry. Who cares what you think? No one who is logical. Once you evolve we ll care, maybe.

Yes he was stupid.

" "His cause of death: gunshot wounds of the back," an investigator from the medical examiner’s office told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "
Eh? He was drunk?
Now youre 0-465
He was shot in the back and you just claimed he wasnt loser. Back to the bench you go. :)
My bad. Not what I meant. Meant to type another sentence and hit the reply by accident.

What I wanted to post.
Of course it was.

When you shoot at a man running away from you the intent is to shoot him in the back.
And if he kills a kid or an elderly person with the tazer then the cop is vilified. Why did he resist arrest?
He was he going to kill a kid or an elderly person with a non working dropped taser? For that matter what makes you think he would mess with anyone?
Malfunctioning not non working. It could have worked. So you may play what if games and I may not? Got it...

But he didn't.

And once again he dropped the Taser at the scene BEFORE he ran so who could he have used it on?
Did you watch the video? It was bang bang. First shot hit him in the side the next two in the back. Not sure why it escalated so fast. Cops could not let him go after he resisted arrest either. Very messy. Why did he resist?
Nope. Youre wrong again. Both shots hit him in the back the other shot almost killed someone in a car.
There were three shots. Not two. I watched it and it looked like the shots rang as he was firing his tazer.
Read my comment again.
How could you tell the video is flawed at best. To me it looked like it was bang bang. If he cooperated and didn’t resist arrest then he would still be alive.
I could tell because I can see and I can read. Two shots to his back and the other almost killed someone in a car.
Where in the back? I bet they are closer to the side. Again if he doesn’t resist none of this happens.
I didnt do the autopsy and really it doesnt matter. The back is the back. People resist all the time. It shouldnt end up with him getting shot in the back.
All the time? Maybe that’s the problem. Resisting arrest, assault and battery on a police officer, taking a weapon from a police officer? This death was 100% preventable. Don’t commit crimes. Jeezus! Just don’t commit crimes and if you do then don’t resist arrest!
Yes all the time and the vast majority of them dont wind up dead especially if they are white criminals.

That Taser had one shot. The shot missed by a mile then he dropped it. There was no way he could have incapacitated the cop with the taser after he dropped it.

As a civilian if I shot an unarmed man in the back as he was running away from me there is no way in hell any court would accept a self defense plea. Why should a trained police officer be held to a lower standard than a civilian?
As I stated multiple times, any individual who would choose to assault an officer, steal his weapon, and attempt to shoot a policeman - knowing the police already have his name and info - has proven he is a danger to the police and the community.

People can keep skipping right over all the criminal acts Brooks committed - resisting arrest, assault, attempted to shoot / stun the policeman - and just focus on the action taken by the policeman if they want but that is refusing to hold Brooks accountable for his own mistakes / crimes in this.

The biggest lesson here is not how the cops are monsters and love to kill blacks, both a lie.
The lesson here are:
1. RESPECT the Cops

BEFORE Brooks was shot, had he followed any of these things he would be alive today. Period. Dot.

No one cares what you stated. That is evidenced by the fact that the POS is now an ex-cop and soon to be facing charges.
I care and we ll see once the Union comes to his defense. This is not cut and dry. Who cares what you think? No one who is logical. Once you evolve we ll care, maybe.
Unfortunately for you no one cares what you think either and there is no union thats going to come to his defense. He is an ex cop now and not part of the union.

Only if they resist to the point that its deadly like I pointed out earlier.
At what point does the cop have to decide that wrestling around with somebody who is resisting arrest presents a danger to the cops life with the cops gone being within arms reach?

Every citizen must understand, and it is a standard by which every citizen is obligated to behave, that resisting arrest is a deadly proposition.

What is the point of resisting arrest? Answer me that one.

Gee maybe this Black man just saw another Black man in handcuffs being suffocated by 3 cops and didn't want the same thing to happen to him

Gee, why didn't he run away immediately?

He wasn't put in cuffs immediately.

DUH

Why was he put in cuffs at all? He wasn't violent, he wasn't resisting. The same thing with George Floyd. Why are the police cuffing every suspect behind the back before putting them in the cruiser?

In Mr. Floyd's case, they initially thought he was in medical distress. My St. John's Ambulance training says that if someone is in medical distress, you should keep them physically comfortable - i.e. laying flat, head slightly elevated, with airways as open as possible, monitoring their heart rate and breathing until help arrives.

he resisted arrest. You are quite a joke----could you please define "medical distress" ? how about
dysmenorrhea
No one is disputing that.

The point of contention here is that when the cop shot him in the back as he was running away that the shooter was not in any mortal danger whatsoever.
The second Brooke's fought with the officers they were in mortal danger. None of your feelings will change that.

And if Brooks was shot during the scuffle I would agree.

He was shot in the back and at that point he was not a threat to either cop's safety.

Nothing that happened before or might happen after is relevant.

AT THE TIME HE WAS SHOT Brooks was not a threat.

Any self defense claim by a civilian that a guy was shot in the back while he was running away from you would not stand in court. Why should the cops be held to a lesser standard than a civilian?

Shouldn't they be held to a higher standing?

the cop is charged with protecting society----not himself. Your comment is silly. IMO a grown man
who hits a cop and steals his taser is a DANGER TO SOCIETY

What exactly do you think he's going to do to society. You frighten easily. Too easily.

Actually----I have been castigated for NOT FRIGHTENING ENOUGH, frequently. I have
also seen lots. Your question is idiotic. I cannot
predict IN DETAIL the future actions of a person
who presents with an anti-social personality disorder.
I can only predict that such a person is likely to
be dangerous when frustrated.

Yes he was stupid.

Eh? He was drunk?
Now youre 0-465

What I wanted to post.
Of course it was.

But he didn't.

Read my comment again.
Yes all the time and the vast majority of them dont wind up dead especially if they are white criminals.
“All the time”? Liar! It’s a crime as is assault and battery. Good luck.

The lesson here are:
1. RESPECT the Cops

Unfortunately for you no one cares what you think either and there is no union thats going to come to his defense. He is an ex cop now and not part of the union.
You don’t know what the words “no one” mean obviously. Likely cause you’re primitive. At this rate we won’t have many cops left.

Yes he was stupid.

Eh? He was drunk?
Now youre 0-465

What I wanted to post.
Of course it was.

But he didn't.

Read my comment again.
“All the time”? Liar! It’s a crime as is assault and battery. Good luck.
From your link

" the use of force must be reasonable and necessary "

What threat was he to the cop when he was shot in the back?

Brooks resisted arrest, assaulted a police officer, then shot at a police officer with a stun gun he had stolen from the police officer.

How many police officers have been shot, beaten, injured, ambushed, run over, and killed since these 'protests' started?

Brooks' actions go far beyond 'disrespecting' the police. When someone demonstrates the willingness to assault and shoot a policeman he is not only a threat to the police but to the community as well.

Respect goes 2 ways. Want to be respected by the police, then start respecting the police.

'Don't want none? Then don't start none.' -- Don't want to get shot? Don't resist arrest, don't assault a policeman, don't try to shoot a policeman.

It's not rocket-science, and people of all color are smarter than Abrams / Abrams thinks they are - Brooks was not 'murdered' for sleeping in a fast food parking lot.
This had nothing to do with any protests.

It has to do with the use of deadly force and when deadly force is justified.

So tell me at the time the cop shot a man running away from him was that cop in any danger?

Absolutely. Just 1 second prior to that the cop has incapacitating taser barbs fly by his head from his own weapon. This guy needed to be put down immediately.

Good shoot.

Not at all.

You can see how wide the taser shot went on the video.

The fact is the cops were in absolutely no danger after Brooks dropped the taser and ran.
Please list the acceptable weapons criminals are allowed to fire at police officers before they can fire back.

IS there no training for dealing with drunks? dead is forever, shot in the back! was not there, but something is wrong with this picture.

for one he could not have been killed with a Taser.
1. People have die after being Tased by police....so you can't say he would not have.

2. He could have incapacitated the officer, giving him the ability to take the officer's side arm.
He had already resisted arrest, assaulted the officer, and just attempted to stun him - honestly no telling what he would havce done had he stunned him unconscious.

Yeah after multiple shocks.

Could have would have might have scenarios are all the leftists have. You better straighten them out.

Brooks resisted arrest, assaulted a police officer, then shot at a police officer with a stun gun he had stolen from the police officer.

How many police officers have been shot, beaten, injured, ambushed, run over, and killed since these 'protests' started?

Brooks' actions go far beyond 'disrespecting' the police. When someone demonstrates the willingness to assault and shoot a policeman he is not only a threat to the police but to the community as well.

Respect goes 2 ways. Want to be respected by the police, then start respecting the police.

'Don't want none? Then don't start none.' -- Don't want to get shot? Don't resist arrest, don't assault a policeman, don't try to shoot a policeman.

It's not rocket-science, and people of all color are smarter than Abrams / Abrams thinks they are - Brooks was not 'murdered' for sleeping in a fast food parking lot.

So tell me at the time the cop shot a man running away from him was that cop in any danger?

Absolutely. Just 1 second prior to that the cop has incapacitating taser barbs fly by his head from his own weapon. This guy needed to be put down immediately.

Good shoot.

Not at all.

The fact is the cops were in absolutely no danger after Brooks dropped the taser and ran.
Please list the acceptable weapons criminals are allowed to fire at police officers before they can fire back.

Please tell me in what case can a man who threw his weapon down fire it at the police?

I have already stipulated that he shot the taser and missed by a mile. At that point the taser was useless because Brooks could not load a new cartridge. The cop knew that since he was trained in the use of a Taser. Shit I know that and I have never used a Taser.

Once the Taser was dropped Brooks could not use it on anyone therefore at the point he was shot he was unarmed and running away.

Why is this concept so difficult for you to understand?

for one he could not have been killed with a Taser.
1. People have die after being Tased by police....so you can't say he would not have.

2. He could have incapacitated the officer, giving him the ability to take the officer's side arm.
He had already resisted arrest, assaulted the officer, and just attempted to stun him - honestly no telling what he would havce done had he stunned him unconscious.

Yeah after multiple shocks.

Could have would have might have scenarios are all the leftists have. You better straighten them out.

No those scenarios seem to be your stock and trade.

I'm speaking only to the facts of this incident

IS there no training for dealing with drunks? dead is forever, shot in the back! was not there, but something is wrong with this picture.

When a criminal is running away and firing a weapon that he just stole in a brawl with a police officer the only shot that can take place is in the back. Your feelings are irrelevant.

At what point does the cop have to decide that wrestling around with somebody who is resisting arrest presents a danger to the cops life with the cops gone being within arms reach?

Every citizen must understand, and it is a standard by which every citizen is obligated to behave, that resisting arrest is a deadly proposition.

Gee maybe this Black man just saw another Black man in handcuffs being suffocated by 3 cops and didn't want the same thing to happen to him

DUH

Why was he put in cuffs at all? He wasn't violent, he wasn't resisting. The same thing with George Floyd. Why are the police cuffing every suspect behind the back before putting them in the cruiser?

In Mr. Floyd's case, they initially thought he was in medical distress. My St. John's Ambulance training says that if someone is in medical distress, you should keep them physically comfortable - i.e. laying flat, head slightly elevated, with airways as open as possible, monitoring their heart rate and breathing until help arrives.

he resisted arrest. You are quite a joke----could you please define "medical distress" ? how about
dysmenorrhea

The point of contention here is that when the cop shot him in the back as he was running away that the shooter was not in any mortal danger whatsoever.
The second Brooke's fought with the officers they were in mortal danger. None of your feelings will change that.

He was shot in the back and at that point he was not a threat to either cop's safety.

Any self defense claim by a civilian that a guy was shot in the back while he was running away from you would not stand in court. Why should the cops be held to a lesser standard than a civilian?

the cop is charged with protecting society----not himself. Your comment is silly. IMO a grown man

What exactly do you think he's going to do to society. You frighten easily. Too easily.
Ask the kids he abused that had him serving a 7 year bid...

Good shoot.

Not at all.

Please tell me in what case can a man who threw his weapon down fire it at the police?

I have already stipulated that he shot the taser and missed by a mile. At that point the taser was useless because Brooks could not load a new cartridge. The cop knew that since he was trained in the use of a Taser. Shit I know that and I have never used a Taser.

Once the Taser was dropped Brooks could not use it on anyone therefore at the point he was shot he was unarmed and running away.

Why is this concept so difficult for you to understand?
You cant answer my question so you tell us your opinion. Just answer the question.

Yes he was stupid.

Eh? He was drunk?
Now youre 0-465

What I wanted to post.
Of course it was.

But he didn't.

Because he knew he was going back to prison for violating parole.

Good shoot.

Not at all.

Doesnt work like that retard. Cops are supposed to deal with any aggression in a like manner. Escalating to the use of a gun was a failure of protocol and the reason his ass is now an ex cop with soon to be murder/manslaughter charges on him.

DUH

dysmenorrhea

Ask the kids he abused that had him serving a 7 year bid...

Irrelevant.

He was already tried and sentenced for that of do you think cops should shoot everyone who is on parole?

Yes he was stupid.

Eh? He was drunk?
Now youre 0-465

What I wanted to post.
Of course it was.

But he didn't.

Read my comment again.

Cool opinion. The facts dont support it.

Forum List

Back