I'd Like (However Many) Breaks A Day Too

That would be frustrating as hell. Especially on an assembly line.
Don't blame them a bit.

The OP's thread title is misleading.

Depending on the job's hours or which shift the the person is working.

A muslin wishing to pray during work hours.

Would only need one, or at most two prayer breaks, to fulfill his religious obligation. ...... :cool:

time off for prayers at work??I owned a business once upon a time and I'd fire the person immediately that wasted time like that

I am a firm believer in EQUITY. Prayer breaks? If they exist for ANYONE ---
they must exist for ALL----depending on WHATEVER any individual decides is
his "belief" In fact-----the rules should be INTERNATIONAL

The OP's thread title is misleading.

Depending on the job's hours or which shift the the person is working.

A muslin wishing to pray during work hours.

Would only need one, or at most two prayer breaks, to fulfill his religious obligation. ...... :cool:
I've been wondering about this since the Cargill company did the same: How do industries/companies in Muslim countries handle this? And if a Muslim doesn't have the opportunity to pray 5 times a day, what will happen to him/her? Have any practical accomodations been made for this in the 21st century?

I'd rather spend my breaks having a smoke or a Twinkie than praying; not much of a 'break,' from their perspective.

if they have a right, you MUST have a right, too

?

What is your question, Old Lady?
Just not sure what you meant. It seems if they're busy fulfilling a religious obligation, it's not a 'break' in the regular sense. Do you argue if they get prayer breaks, the non-Muslims must get the same amount of breaks? Is that the problem?

I'd rather spend my breaks having a smoke or a Twinkie than praying; not much of a 'break,' from their perspective.

if they have a right, you MUST have a right, too

?

What is your question, Old Lady?
Just not sure what you meant. It seems if they're busy fulfilling a religious obligation, it's not a 'break' in the regular sense. Do you argue if they get prayer breaks, the non-Muslims must get the same amount of breaks? Is that the problem?
Who says they have to be extra breaks?

If they were cigarette breaks conservatives would love them

Forum List

Back