I'd Like (However Many) Breaks A Day Too

I must have skipped over you. You're not very interesting, after all.

Done reading.

Now, where are the accommodations that interfere with workflow?
Ah, lunch, bathrooms breaks, breaks, prayer breaks (maybe). To a capitalist any break is time lost.

And read the bloody document. If most of my company takes Good Friday off, but I'm still open, not much work is getting done. That's reasonable here.

Labor law says a full time worker doing an 8 hour day is entitled to one 30 minute lunch break and two 15 minute miscellaneous breaks (bathroom, smoke, pray, etc). That's the rules. Most workplaces have an informal agreement with employees who take both 15s and the 30 at once to take a 1 hour lunch. Employers accept that they'll still take 5 minutes a couple times a day to piss or get coffee.

If Ay-rabs can't fit 3 prayers into that then screw em.
Not how it works here.

Done reading.

Ah, lunch, bathrooms breaks, breaks, prayer breaks (maybe). To a capitalist any break is time lost.

And read the bloody document. If most of my company takes Good Friday off, but I'm still open, not much work is getting done. That's reasonable here.

Labor law says a full time worker doing an 8 hour day is entitled to one 30 minute lunch break and two 15 minute miscellaneous breaks (bathroom, smoke, pray, etc). That's the rules. Most workplaces have an informal agreement with employees who take both 15s and the 30 at once to take a 1 hour lunch. Employers accept that they'll still take 5 minutes a couple times a day to piss or get coffee.

Not how it works here.

Then your boss is probably breaking the law. These are covered under state labor law and are mostly consistent state to state.

for those who do not know-------CULTURE. There is a very interesting dictum which is ( try to cope---any Nazis out there) TALMUDIC It is in translation "A 'minhag' is stronger than a 'din' <<<< a kinda adage. it means "a custom
is stronger than a law"-----which means-----a custom has more impact on the culture
and society than to its LAWS. The middle eastern custom is that "prayers"
are community time ESPECIALLY FOR MEN. The "prayers" are like "time at
the mens' club"-------everyday----a few times. A small segment of ten minute breaks and lunch does not MAKE IT----

Done reading.

Not how it works here.

Then your boss is breaking the law.

yes-----I had little jobs-------blue collar type things-----I HAD TO TAKE THE TEN
MINUTE BREAK for every four hours-------HAD TO--------even if I had to be
DRAGGED away

Done reading.

Not how it works here.

Then your boss is probably breaking the law. These are covered under state labor law and are mostly consistent state to state.
I am the boss. I know the rules, including those dealing with reasonable accommodations for religion.

Done reading.

Not how it works here.

I am the boss. I know the rules, including those dealing with reasonable accommodations for religion.

OY!! you're the boss? MUST I LEAVE my desk? ------I do not NEED A COKE

Not how it works here.

You don't work for me, nor would I hire you, so I couldn't care less.

Not how it works here.

You don't work for me, nor would I hire you, so I couldn't care less.

GTOHELL

Done reading.

Not how it works here.

When the only person you're responsible for is you, that's hardly being the boss.

Not how it works here.

When the only person you're responsible for is you, that's hardly being the boss.
I am my most difficult employee...

Not how it works here.

Again, if it's just you, you can't be called an employee either.

No business is required to make religious accommodations that interfere with workflow.
That is dead wrong.

Provide examples then.
Read the damn thread: WYSK: Workplace Religious Accommodation

Done reading.

Oh, I read it. I don't see a thing where a business is required by law to make a religious accommodation that interrupts workflow.

Care to try again?

5 breaks a day? Are the 5 times set for Muslim prayer all during the work day?

Whatever the number, they are not entitled to prayer breaks. Neither are Christians or anyone else.
Christians don't get Sunday off?

No more than Jews get Saturday. And they don't get paid for it. What day would Muslims like off?
Why must it be a day? Are all religions to be set up just like Christianity? What about businesses accommodating Orthodox Jews who have to be home by Friday sunset every week?

Is that required by law? Or a voluntary accommodation?

Done reading.

Oh, I read it. I don't see a thing where a business is required by law to make a religious accommodation that interrupts workflow.

Care to try again?
No need, it's well-known.

5 breaks a day? Are the 5 times set for Muslim prayer all during the work day?

Whatever the number, they are not entitled to prayer breaks. Neither are Christians or anyone else.
Christians don't get Sunday off?

No more than Jews get Saturday. And they don't get paid for it. What day would Muslims like off?
Why must it be a day? Are all religions to be set up just like Christianity? What about businesses accommodating Orthodox Jews who have to be home by Friday sunset every week?

Is that required by law? Or a voluntary accommodation?
Neither.

Not how it works here.

The IRS disagrees...

The IRS disagrees...

They're only concerned with money. I'm concerned with reality.

It seems to me that when hired the schedule would have been explained. The standard two 15 minute breaks & 30 minute lunch. You can pray or sing show tunes, it's up to you. If the breaks weren't sufficient then they should not have taken the job.

If I'm not mistaken at the previous company that went through this the issue was that they, the employees, wanted to all take a break together which is not possible on a mfg line.

Done reading.

Care to try again?
No need, it's well-known.

The thing now best well-known here is the vacuum between your parietal bones.

Forum List

Back