Idiot Rand Paul calls for decriminalizing everything that disproportionately incarcerates blacks

What a gaffe. Is he really that stupid?

Rand Paul calls for decriminalizing everything that disproportionately incarcerates blacks

Rand Paul is backpedaling after making the ludicrous statement “I see an America where criminal justice is applied equally and any law that disproportionately incarcerates people of color is repealed.”

Black Americans commit murder at nine times the white rate. That means that Rand Paul would have to repeal laws against murder.

Rand Paul campaign spokesman Eleanor May is now saying that Rand Paul only meant “non-violent crimes.”

Is shoplifting non-violent? Blacks typically commit shoplifting at astronomical rates compared to whites. We have already seen a black British MP call for decriminalizing shoplifting to keep black people out of trouble with the law.

There aren't enough of you backward racists to win Presidential elections any more.

Can't legalize drugs, the American Government makes too much money from them.

[...]
I don't know about government making money from illegal drugs, but I'm quite sure there are many high-level federal, state, and local officials who directly and/or indirectly are bribed to ensure continuation of the counterproductive drug laws. I believe the bribes come from major traffickers and from many legitimate corporations that benefit from drug prohibition -- outstandingly including the beverage alcohol, the pharmaceutical, and the drug-testing industries.

Also, we aren't talking about marijuana legalization, we are talking about decriminalization or reduced sentences for all "non-violent" offenses where blacks are disproportionately incarcerated. .

More of your conspiracy talk about how blacks are held down by society. Why don't you complain about welfare and affirmative action? Programs where blacks are GIVEN far more than any other race. All i see in this country is massive black privilege.

There aren't enough of you backward racists to win Presidential elections any more.

Racism got obozo elected. He got 95% of the black vote in 2008. How do you explain that except as brazen racism?

Racism got obozo elected. He got 95% of the black vote in 2008. How do you explain that except as brazen racism?
Uhhhhhhhhh, John Kerry got 95percent of the black vote when he ran against president Bush, and as you know....Kerry is white as snow.....

So you FAIL on your Assumption.....

Are we really gonna eat our own and subject them to draconian scrutiny? On balance, Rand Paul is a fine conservative. I'm pretty sure what Rand was saying is that sentencing laws that are disproportionately enforced against blacks, such as the death penalty, should be at least suspended until the problem is fixed, and lesser penalties applied in the meantime. .

Then he should have said that. This was a gaffe. He didn't think before running his mouth. Obozo does that all the time and the press looks the other way. They don't do that with conservatives.
Rand Paul isn't a conservative.
He won't be President either.

Uhhhhhhhhh, John Kerry got 95percent of the black vote when he ran against president Bush, and as you know....Kerry is white as snow.....

Actually kerry got 88% of the black vote in 2004 so you have lied again. But it doesn't matter since there was no black candidate in 2004 anyway.

The real question is - did mccain in 2008 or romney in 2012 get 95% of the white vote? Not even close. It was 56% and 59%.

Actually kerry got 88% of the black vote in 2004 so you have lied again. But it doesn't matter since there was no black candidate in 2004 anyway.

The real question is - did mccain in 2008 or romney in 2012 get 95% of the white vote? Not even close. It was 56% and 59%.
I meant Al Gore got 95 percent of the black vote against president Bush, John Kerry got 93 percent of the vote, NOT 88, so you are LYING.

THE POINT is that black people who vote, overwhelming vote for the Democratic candidates and they have done so for decades....all of whom were white candidates but 1. So your contention that they were Racist because they voted overwhelmingly for Obama is simply WRONG.

How much of the Black vote did Alan Keyes get?

Jessie Jackson ran in 1984. Reagan won in a landslide.

Brazen White racism?
Christ you're ignorant. Jackson never ran against Reagan, Racist Democrats preferred Hart and Mondale who were doomed anyway against the last great president of the US.

Rand Paul calls for decriminalizing everything that disproportionately incarcerates blacks

Rand Paul is backpedaling after making the ludicrous statement “I see an America where criminal justice is applied equally and any law that disproportionately incarcerates people of color is repealed.”

Black Americans commit murder at nine times the white rate. That means that Rand Paul would have to repeal laws against murder.

Rand Paul campaign spokesman Eleanor May is now saying that Rand Paul only meant “non-violent crimes.”

Is shoplifting non-violent? Blacks typically commit shoplifting at astronomical rates compared to whites. We have already seen a black British MP call for decriminalizing shoplifting to keep black people out of trouble with the law.

I think he was referring to drugs. It was poorly phrased, but to say he thinks laws against murder and stealing should be repealed you can't really believe

How much of the Black vote did Herman Cain get?

We never got to find out. Cain got the liberal treatment. If you are a black man who is not a Democrat, liberals will come out of the woodwork to accuse you of sexual harassment and personally destroy you

It is because they are habitual offenders.

You can't fix that. They start out young with petty crimes , get slapped on the wrist, become adults and commit a stepping stone of crimes

Over an over an over an over

Until they step to a serious felony and a judge smacks them with a min/max sentence.

Habitual crimes, maybe it's a minor drug conviction but, it's the 4, 5, 6 or however many crimes they did prior that gets them the harsh sentence.

I actually agree with this to a certain degree. A point to consider is the fact judges are allowed a range of sentences they can apply. If that judge has any biases he may choose harsher sentences against people he doesn't like. A wife beater may get more time simply because he doesn't line wife beaters. We are all good with that but what if he didn't like some people of a certain race.

I think he was referring to drugs. It was poorly phrased, but to say he thinks laws against murder and stealing should be repealed you can't really believe

Then why didn't he say that.? Rand paul must really be stupid to have said such a thing and not realize how it sounded and immediately clarify his comment.

Forum List

Back