Idiot Rand Paul wants to restore voting rights to FELONS!!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Dumbass. All these felons will vote dem and repubs need to fight against this. GOP should say something like "we'll restore their voting rights if we also restore their gun rights. Gun rights are a CONSTITUTIONAL right, unlike voting." See how dems like that.

Rand Paul fights for felon voting rights - CNN.com

February 19, 2014

(CNN) --
"Kids do make mistakes. White kids make mistakes. Black kids make mistakes. Brown kids make mistakes," Paul told the Kentucky state Senate committee considering a constitutional amendment to restore the voting rights of some felons on Wednesday. "But when you look at the prison population, three out of the four people in prison are black or brown."

The issue of restoring felon voting rights has made for some unusual alliances as former felons, like Fogle, see in lawmakers like Paul, a tea party-backed Republican, a champion.
Nationally, about 5.8 million people are prohibited from voting because of current or previous felony convictions, according to Attorney Gen. Eric Holder.

In the swing states of Florida and Virginia, one in five black adults is unable to vote because of these laws, according to Holder.
In Paul's home state of Kentucky, it's also one in five.

Yeah, that Rand Paul finds himself on the same side as Eric Holder should be a tip off. But I always said narco-libertarians were just progressives with the fascist knocked off.

If you wan't felons to ever fully reintergrate into society, then they should not be disinfranchised for life; there should be a criteria inplace wherein they can achieve voting status again. If they have paid in full for their crimes, and have succesfully acculturated to mainstream - then let them vote. What are you afraid of? These people may have, an insight into all the BS that our criminal politicians contrive; a perspicuity of similiar deviance!

It is unjust to stigmatise someone for life for often youthful indescretions, and societally unsound. If you wan't to maintain they're underclass status indefinately, then they should remain incarcerated for that duration, or eliminated.

The liberals are proponets soley because they seek the voting bloc, and the republicans oppose it only to prevent it - niether give a shit about it's merits! :eusa_whistle:

If you wan't felons to ever fully reintergrate into society, then they should not be disinfranchised for life; there should be a criteria inplace wherein they can achieve voting status again. If they have paid in full for their crimes, and have succesfully acculturated to mainstream - then let them vote. :

Fine, but then why do you libbies oppose also giving them back their gun rights?. Being able to
defend yourself and family is far more important than voting. And gun rights are supposed to be constitutionally guaranteed to all adults - unlike voting.

Dumbass. All these felons will vote dem and repubs need to fight against this. GOP should say something like "we'll restore their voting rights if we also restore their gun rights. Gun rights are a CONSTITUTIONAL right, unlike voting." See how dems like that.

Rand Paul fights for felon voting rights - CNN.com

February 19, 2014

(CNN) --
"Kids do make mistakes. White kids make mistakes. Black kids make mistakes. Brown kids make mistakes," Paul told the Kentucky state Senate committee considering a constitutional amendment to restore the voting rights of some felons on Wednesday. "But when you look at the prison population, three out of the four people in prison are black or brown."
The reason they want to allow felons, Mexicans and illegals to vote is because less and less Americans vote in elections despite their desperate attempts to create an illusion before each election that the race is super tight and it is super important to go out and vote for one of their puppets because the country is at steak. reality is I went to vote a couple of times, and both times the booth was practically empty aside from voting staff - no lines no nothing - people no longer believe in this joke, not enough of them anyway. It's time for a referendum:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFNchoEf6BM]Liberating humanity Part 6 - SOLUTION, the plan to liberate the nation and the world. - YouTube[/ame]

I don't have an issue with Felons eventually regaining the right to vote if they've stayed out of the system. We should be encouraging rehabilitation instead of penalizing people for their entire life if they make mistakes as juveniles or in their early twenties.

I'm a moderate libertarian, but I definitely disagree with Rand on this one, at least at the federal level. Leave it up to the states.

Felons can get their gun rights back.

It's very tough. You have to get a pardon or in a few states appear before a panel and convince (pay a bribe) them to give you back your RKBA. The feds used to have a similar program until clinton defunded it.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I'm a moderate libertarian, but I definitely disagree with Rand on this one, at least at the federal level. Leave it up to the states.

Yes - there is no federal right to vote. According to the constitution, the states are sovereign countries and make up their own voting rules. That's why we have an electoral college. Even in a presidential election, the vote is supposed to be handled by the individual states. Of course, that was violated in 2000.

I never lost mine even after I plead guilty to my charge which was a felony.

Are you talking about voting rights or gun rights.? Most states DO let felons vote. But federal law says no felon is allowed a gun ever again.

Forum List

Back