IDs should be mandatory in order to vote

then why do demofks object to blacks getting IDs? please. how can I help you here?
I’m not objecting to “blacks getting IDs”. I’m objecting to making a new requirement that we’ve never had without working on helping people get IDs that might not have them.
why would people need help getting something like that??

do you think they are to stupid??

not so much racist ...as classism...poor people dont have ids...cant drive...why bother with a state id..that they charge for? if the gop is serious about voter id...establish center where people can get ids...but then how to they prove who they are? again a paper trail that can be impossible for some...home births should be registered but often are not...home schooled kids etc...the paper trail is thinning daily

myself i am not pro or con on this...i carry an id at all times..due to the oppressive nature of police in the usa and also cause i am pretty sure i need it to buy certain items...

These blacks must be both racist and classist.....right?

New polling shows that a large majority supports voter ID laws that require individuals to show a photo identification before voting, including almost 70% of black voters.

The poll, released on Wednesday by Rasmussen Reports, found that 75% believe photo identification should be presented before voting and that 69% of black voters support voter ID laws.

Broken down by party, 60% of Democrats support showing an ID to vote compared to 89% of Republicans.

Listen up, filthy humans, The Pale Orc is speaking. Why would you not show an ID to vote?

That seems reasonable enough.

The problem is, monkeying with the voting rules has become an entirely political game. Both parties' concerns about the "sanctity of the vote" are disingenuous. All either side cares about is tweaking the rules so that their supporters are more likely to vote, and the oppositions' voters are less likely to vote. Republicans currently presume that poor, disaffected people will be more likely to vote Democrat, so they want rules that will scare these people away from the polls. Democrats want to pave their way and make it as easy as possible.

Republicans pretend they are worried about fraud, and Democrats pretend it's all about the "will of the people". They're both lying. They just want power.
well I just want people who are allowed to vote to prove they are allowed to vote. still not sure how that violates anything. One needs to prove one is of age to buy cigarettes' or alcohol. people who think poor people don't smoke and drink are too stupid to comment here.

then why do demofks object to blacks getting IDs? please. how can I help you here?
I’m not objecting to “blacks getting IDs”. I’m objecting to making a new requirement that we’ve never had without working on helping people get IDs that might not have them.

Trust me, they already have IDs

so you think they're too inferior to figure it out. It's exactly what I said.

If they are a democrat, then yes...democrats think blacks are too dumb to get any ID let alone a voter ID...

Here they are.....left wingers and what they think of black Americans...

Trust me, they already have IDs
sure they do, they need to eat drink and smoke. the fk they ain't got IDs.

Then issue everyone a free ID card.

If that’s done then I’m on board with in-person voter ID requirements.
jbdvncmrplm61.png

Listen up, filthy humans, The Pale Orc is speaking. Why would you not show an ID to vote?

That seems reasonable enough.

The problem is, monkeying with the voting rules has become an entirely political game. Both parties' concerns about the "sanctity of the vote" are disingenuous. All either side cares about is tweaking the rules so that their supporters are more likely to vote, and the oppositions' voters are less likely to vote. Republicans currently presume that poor, disaffected people will be more likely to vote Democrat, so they want rules that will scare these people away from the polls. Democrats want to pave their way and make it as easy as possible.

Republicans pretend they are worried about fraud, and Democrats pretend it's all about the "will of the people". They're both lying. They just want power.
well I just want people who are allowed to vote to prove they are allowed to vote.
I don't believe you.

not so much racist ...as classism...poor people dont have ids...cant drive...why bother with a state id..that they charge for? if the gop is serious about voter id...establish center where people can get ids...but then how to they prove who they are? again a paper trail that can be impossible for some...home births should be registered but often are not...home schooled kids etc...the paper trail is thinning daily

myself i am not pro or con on this...i carry an id at all times..due to the oppressive nature of police in the usa and also cause i am pretty sure i need it to buy certain items...

Of course poor people have IDs. Being poor doesn't eliminate all the occasions in life for which one needs to identify oneself. If anything, it adds on occasions that non-poor people don't have.

You have to have an ID to apply for any sort of government benefits. You have to have one to cash a check. You get involved with the court system in any way, shape, or form, you're gonna need an ID. As Azog pointed out, you have to have one to get married. If you're paying rent for a place to live, you had to have an ID to acquire that place to live.

There already ARE centers where people can get IDs. They're called "Department of Motor Vehicles". Some states do issue them for free, I believe, and no state is charging more than a nominal fee for them. My area has a shitloads of homeless people in it, and I've seen THEM whip out an ID to buy alcohol and cigarettes, so pretty clearly, this is not undoable.

so you think they're too inferior to figure it out. It's exactly what I said.
No, I think sometimes they face hurdles that you don’t anticipate which makes what is a simple task for some of us become an arduous task for others.

Forum List

Back