IDs should be mandatory in order to vote

Listen up, filthy humans, The Pale Orc is speaking. Why would you not show an ID to vote?

That seems reasonable enough.

The problem is, monkeying with the voting rules has become an entirely political game. Both parties' concerns about the "sanctity of the vote" are disingenuous. All either side cares about is tweaking the rules so that their supporters are more likely to vote, and the oppositions' voters are less likely to vote. Republicans currently presume that poor, disaffected people will be more likely to vote Democrat, so they want rules that will scare these people away from the polls. Democrats want to pave their way and make it as easy as possible.

Republicans pretend they are worried about fraud, and Democrats pretend it's all about the "will of the people". They're both lying. They just want power.

all I want is an Id requirement

not so much racist ...as classism...poor people dont have ids...cant drive...why bother with a state id..that they charge for? if the gop is serious about voter id...establish center where people can get ids...but then how to they prove who they are? again a paper trail that can be impossible for some...home births should be registered but often are not...home schooled kids etc...the paper trail is thinning daily

myself i am not pro or con on this...i carry an id at all times..due to the oppressive nature of police in the usa and also cause i am pretty sure i need it to buy certain items...
How do the poor with all those problems get government benefits? They have to prove who they are to do that.

not so much racist ...as classism...poor people dont have ids...cant drive...why bother with a state id..that they charge for? if the gop is serious about voter id...establish center where people can get ids...but then how to they prove who they are? again a paper trail that can be impossible for some...home births should be registered but often are not...home schooled kids etc...the paper trail is thinning daily

myself i am not pro or con on this...i carry an id at all times..due to the oppressive nature of police in the usa and also cause i am pretty sure i need it to buy certain items...
How do the poor with all those problems get government benefits? They have to prove who they are to do that.
poor people can't even ride a bus or a taxi. not sure how they get there far too inferior to know how to do that.

Of course poor people have IDs.

You know what else they have? They have warrants out for their arrest over a traffic ticket they couldn't afford to pay from four years ago. Going to get their ID renewed represents real risk for people on the bubble.

The bottom line is, inconveniences that might seem trivial to people with a bank account can be real impediments to those without. Of course, Republicans know this - it's why they want more barriers. To keep these people from voting.

Dems naturally want the opposite. They want to bulk mail ballots, already filled in with votes for D's, to anyone who can sign their name.

Neither party gives as shit about improving our elections.

I just quoted someone saying it in this thread. No one in your video said it.

"Don't have the knowledge"

"Not Informed"

"Don't have the access and don't know how it works"

Yea, nobody said that. :cuckoo:
None of those are synonymous with stupid.

Do you like ignorant better? That certainly pertains to those quotes.

If someone is too ignorant to get an ID, not sure I would want them voting in the first place. I know Democrats do, but that is another story.

Listen up, filthy humans, The Pale Orc is speaking. Why would you not show an ID to vote? Doesn't make any sense? You need an ID to drive, buy alcohol, get married but not elect an official that impacts how we live, spend, etc.? Doesn't make any sense. And to call it racism is bullshit (see below).

This should be mandatory in EVERY state. I have zero qualms in showing my ID. Why do you? My ID is below:

View attachment 474229

And for the filthy humans that dare play the race card, Candace Owens is black.

You do have to show ID to vote. Just not your super duper special ID's with exact match, or certain address requirements that Republicans keep demanding poor people travel many miles and pay serious money to obtain.

The problem is, monkeying with the voting rules has become an entirely political game. Both parties' concerns about the "sanctity of the vote" are disingenuous. All either side cares about is tweaking the rules so that their supporters are more likely to vote, and the oppositions' voters are less likely to vote. Republicans currently presume that poor, disaffected people will be more likely to vote Democrat, so they want rules that will scare these people away from the polls. Democrats want to pave their way and make it as easy as possible.

Republicans pretend they are worried about fraud, and Democrats pretend it's all about the "will of the people". They're both lying. They just want power.

You know what else they have? They have warrants out for their arrest over a traffic ticket they couldn't afford to pay from four years ago. Going to get their ID renewed represents real risk for people on the bubble.

The bottom line is, inconveniences that might seem trivial to people with a bank account can be real impediments to those without. Of course, Republicans know this - it's why they want more barriers. To keep these people from voting.

Dems naturally want the opposite. They want to bulk mail ballots, already filled in with votes for D's, to anyone who can sign their name.

Neither party gives as shit about improving our elections.
they're too stupid, got it. wow. just wow, the balls on you to tell someone they ain't got the smarts to even vote.

Do you like ignorant better? That certainly pertains to those quotes.

If someone is too ignorant to get an ID, not sure I would want them voting in the first place. I know Democrats do, but that is another story.
Getting an ID isn’t always as easy as you think. Not everyone has a certified copy of their birth certificate, especially poor and elderly people. When they do, there could be clerical errors.

Some people had to jump through big hurdles to get hear IDs and it’s no joke.

Listen up, filthy humans, The Pale Orc is speaking. Why would you not show an ID to vote?

That seems reasonable enough.

all I want is an Id requirement
Why?

sure it is, explain what else it says then?
It just means they don’t know something. I don’t think lack of knowledge makes them inferior or stupid. That’s not how I put value into individuals.

Listen up, filthy humans, The Pale Orc is speaking. Why would you not show an ID to vote? Doesn't make any sense? You need an ID to drive, buy alcohol, get married but not elect an official that impacts how we live, spend, etc.? Doesn't make any sense. And to call it racism is bullshit (see below).

This should be mandatory in EVERY state. I have zero qualms in showing my ID. Why do you? My ID is below:

View attachment 474229

And for the filthy humans that dare play the race card, Candace Owens is black.

As long as there is free access to getting an ID whether one drives or not, or lives in the middle of nowhere or not.

how's proving who you are is monkeying around? the fact is you think they're not smart enough to take on life. and then you want them to vote for things they haven't a fking clue what it is? simply awesome.

Forum List

Back