Zone1 If Blacks Do What Whites Have Done We Will Be Successful

Oh the IQ test argument, I see. IQ is a function of cumulative skill and knowledge, just like other standardized testing is. There are all kinds of issues relying on IQ testing and I'm too lazy to Google them at the moment, but no psychologist worth a piss takes those things seriously as tests that measure heritable, innate cognitive ability.
Those who make a professional study of IQ know that what Charles Murray says is true. No method has been found that significantly improves the academic ability of those who score low on IQ tests at the age of seven.

Those who score poorly on the mental aptitude tests perform poorly in school and on any job that requires superior intelligence.

The reason this is not widely known is because of sanctions and taboos against telling the truth. Those who fear the truth try to suppress it.

Last edited:
Again, why should they move at all? Why can't people who created the racist system just, you know, acknowledge the system's racist and change?

I think people like you are just scared of giving Black people more power and agency because you all fear that blacks may want to do to you what we've done to them. You're brainwashed into buying into the world of zero-sum - that's why you're (probably) anti-immigration too.

Again, why should they move at all?

It's obvious they can never be successful here.......whitey!

Why can't people who created the racist system

Which people created it? How old are they?

I think people like you are just scared of giving Black people more power and agency

Which black people? The graduates of the Chicago Public Schools who can't read or write?

The carjackers and gangbangers terrorizing the city?

Or the ones like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan or Barack Obama?

The Case for National Action, attributed racial inequality as well as poverty and crime in the black community to family structure, particularly the prevalence of families headed by single mothers. Not only did research at the time cast doubt on this causality,

Research cast doubt on the fact that single mother households were poorer?
That more crime occurs without a father in the household?

Those who score poorly on the mental aptitude tests perform poorly in school and on any job that requires superior intelligence.

I don't necessarily dispute this, but there are reasons for IQ differences that IQ tests can't determine -- same with scholastic aptitude tests. There are differences among groups at an early age, some of which can be made up in accelerated programs but typically aren't. That's not proof of genetic heritability; it's just evidence that there are differences, which we knew and never really disputed.

The reason this is not widely known is because of sanctions and taboos against telling the truth. Those who fear the truth try to suppress it.

Not really; it's because IQ can become a pygmalion that is used to define or pigeonhole individual members of an entire class. I have no problem with IQ testing per se and I have no problem believing there are differences. The debate we're having is what causes those differences and what the differences really mean.

Research cast doubt on the fact that single mother households were poorer?
That more crime occurs without a father in the household?
If white racism is responsible for high rates of black illegitimacy, why has black illegitimacy risen substantially since 1964, when the Civil Rights Act was signed, and the War on Poverty was declared?

It's implied that if I find IQ tests of limited validity that I'm suspicious of the IQ as a concept. IQ is about as credible as the cranial capacity crap of the 1850s.

It's true, it's difficult to give an IQ test to an inner city student who can't read or write.
Doesn't mean IQ is meaningless.

If white racism is responsible for high rates of black illegitimacy, why has black illegitimacy risen substantially since 1964, when the Civil Rights Act was signed, and the War on Poverty was declared?

Democrats have been making it worse for blacks in America for a long time.

I don't necessarily dispute this, but there are reasons for IQ differences that IQ tests can't determine -- same with scholastic aptitude tests. There are differences among groups at an early age, some of which can be made up in accelerated programs but typically aren't. That's not proof of genetic heritability; it's just evidence that there are differences, which we knew and never really disputed.

Not really; it's because IQ can become a pygmalion that is used to define or pigeonhole individual members of an entire class. I have no problem with IQ testing per se and I have no problem believing there are differences. The debate we're having is what causes those differences and what the differences really mean.
October 6, 2014

Genes don't just influence your IQ—they determine how well you do in school​

Twin study shows that many different inherited traits shape a person's grades and test scores​

Researchers have previously shown that a person's IQ is highly influenced by genetic factors, and have even identified certain genes that play a role. They've also shown that performance in school has genetic factors. But it's been unclear whether the same genes that influence IQ also influence grades and test scores...

The team found nine general groups of traits that were all highly hereditary—the identical twins were more likely to share the traits than nonidentical twins—and also correlated with performance on the GCSE. Not only were traits other than intelligence correlated with GCSE scores, but these other traits also explained more than half of the total genetic basis for the test scores.

Democrats have been making it worse for blacks in America for a long time.
The civil rights legislation, the War on Poverty, Head Start,and No Child Left Behind were well intended. They all failed because they ignored genetic differences between individuals and average differences between races. I think we should accept that the race gap is natural, and we should stop wasting money trying to close it.

It's true, it's difficult to give an IQ test to an inner city student who can't read or write.
Doesn't mean IQ is meaningless.

I didn't argue that it was meaningless. Nor would I argue that tests like ACT, SAT, LSAT are meaningless. They mean something, the question is what.

I didn't argue that it was meaningless. Nor would I argue that tests like ACT, SAT, LSAT are meaningless. They mean something, the question is what.
The tests accurately predict academic performance. Nevertheless, I have read that when the tests are equal, whites still tend to perform better.

The civil rights legislation, the War on Poverty, Head Start,and No Child Left Behind were well intended. They all failed because they ignored genetic differences between individuals and average differences between races. I think we should accept that the race gap is natural, and we should stop wasting money trying to close it.

And that's the part I don't accept.

As a group, sure, Black Americans have comparatively weaker academic performance - I don't even think Black Americans themselves are debating that. The debate is about why these discrepancies exist. It's a convenient lie to say "Look at the evidence" when we've bred and baked collective inequality into the system.

If you want to argue that, in some cases, well-intended programs actually end up encouraging irresponsible, self-destructive behavior...I'm actually somewhat open to that argument. But even 'do-gooder' policies often had racist intent behind them. The housing projects of Chicago and Detroit are often cited as evidence of bleeding heart policy run amok when in fact the projects were the federal government's way of making sure Blacks did not move with whites to the suburbs. And once the whites left, the jobs and the tax base went with them.

The tests accurately predict academic performance. Nevertheless, I have read that when the tests are equal, whites still tend to perform better.

And therein lies the problem, how are we going to know what equal is, when we've never treated Blacks as equals? You hanged yourself with your own rope with that statement.

October 6, 2014

Genes don't just influence your IQ—they determine how well you do in school​

Twin study shows that many different inherited traits shape a person's grades and test scores​

Researchers have previously shown that a person's IQ is highly influenced by genetic factors, and have even identified certain genes that play a role. They've also shown that performance in school has genetic factors. But it's been unclear whether the same genes that influence IQ also influence grades and test scores...

The team found nine general groups of traits that were all highly hereditary—the identical twins were more likely to share the traits than nonidentical twins—and also correlated with performance on the GCSE. Not only were traits other than intelligence correlated with GCSE scores, but these other traits also explained more than half of the total genetic basis for the test scores.

Interesting article and I'm not disputing its findings, but that study doesn't answer our fundamental question: how do we account for differences among groups and individual members of said groups when there's not just disparate treatment now but there's been intergenerational disparities. As far as I know, there's no such study available, though feel free to search for it.

Interesting article and I'm not disputing its findings, but that study doesn't answer our fundamental question: how do we account for differences among groups and individual members of said groups when there's not just disparate treatment now but there's been intergenerational disparities. As far as I know, there's no such study available, though feel free to search for it.
Blacks are not discriminated against. They are discriminated in favor of with affirmative action programs. Nevertheless, in schools with blacks and whites, the whites still tend to perform better, often much better.

Forum List

Back