CDZ If Democrats are so aghast at Trump lying

DandyDonovan

VIP Member
Nov 29, 2018
why don't they pass a law making it a crime for politicians to lie to the American people? I mean it hardly seems fair that American citizens can go to prison for a long time for lying to Congress , but they can lie to us with impunity .

why don't they pass a law making it a crime for politicians to lie to the American people? I mean it hardly seems fair that American citizens can go to prison for a long time for lying to Congress , but they can lie to us with impunity .

"Because he'd be in jail".

Hey that was easy.

One correction here --- it's not "Democrats" offended by dishonesty. It's "humans".

SC has ruled that govt workers, while on their jobs, dont have rights like normal citizens do.
See kim davis for an example.
I see no confliction with the first!

• Banned

"Because he'd be in jail".

Hey that was easy.

One correction here --- it's not "Democrats" offended by dishonesty. It's "humans".

Wait, did you just argue that Democrats won't pass a law because they don't want to see Trump in jail?

LOL

Because you guys hear trump lie and say it's not a lie. So you can even argue a lie is not a lie. You're never wrong even when you are. And we aren't the only ones sick of Trump.

Worried about a potential Republican primary challenge, President Donald Trump’s campaign has launched a state-by-state effort to prevent an intraparty fight that could spill over into the general-election campaign.

The nascent initiative has been an intense focus in recent weeks and includes taking steps to change state party rules, crowd out potential rivals and quell any early signs of opposition that could embarrass the president.

It is an acknowledgement that Trump, who effectively hijacked the Republican Party in 2016, hasn’t completely cemented his grip on the GOP and, in any event, is not likely to coast to the 2020 GOP nomination without some form of opposition. While any primary challenge would almost certainly be unsuccessful, Trump aides are looking to prevent a repeat of the convention discord that highlighted the electoral weaknesses of Presidents George H.W. Bush and Jimmy Carter in their failed re-election campaigns.

To defend against that prospect, Trump’s campaign has deployed what it calls an unprecedented effort to monitor and influence local party operations. It has used endorsements, lobbying and rule changes to increase the likelihood that only loyal Trump activists make it to the Republican nominating convention in August 2020.

Bill Stepien, a senior adviser to the Trump campaign, calls it all a “process of ensuring that the national convention is a television commercial for the president for an audience of 300 million and not an internal fight.”

Because you guys hear trump lie and say it's not a lie. So you can even argue a lie is not a lie. You're never wrong even when you are. And we aren't the only ones sick of Trump.

IronyMeter.jpg

View attachment 244032
What Trump lie are we talking about today? Can you be more specific? He lies daily.

Trump Topped 8,000 Falsehoods Or Distortions In 2 Years, Fact-Checker Says | HuffPost

8000 lies
How many lies from your team did you swallow whole and carry the water for during the previous eight years?

Now, go get that lumber yard out of your eye.

View attachment 244032
What Trump lie are we talking about today? Can you be more specific? He lies daily.

Trump Topped 8,000 Falsehoods Or Distortions In 2 Years, Fact-Checker Says | HuffPost

8000 lies
How many lies from your team did you swallow whole and carry the water for during the previous eight years?

Now, go get that lumber yard out of your eye.
Benghazi, sniper fire, keep your healthcare,???

Like 3 or 4. Not 8000

Are you serious?

Yes I'm serious. If I was in Congress I would introduce a bill today that made lying to constituents a felony. Why? Because I have principles, I believe the American people deserve the truth from their elected leaders, and I'm sick of lying politicians. This includes the evil orange man who I have called a liar repeatedly on this board.

Why are Democrats not pushing for a law that would make it illegal for Trump to lie, since apparently he's the only liar in DC?

Worried about a potential Republican primary challenge, President Donald Trump’s campaign has launched a state-by-state effort to prevent an intraparty fight that could spill over into the general-election campaign.

The nascent initiative has been an intense focus in recent weeks and includes taking steps to change state party rules, crowd out potential rivals and quell any early signs of opposition that could embarrass the president.

It is an acknowledgement that Trump, who effectively hijacked the Republican Party in 2016, hasn’t completely cemented his grip on the GOP and, in any event, is not likely to coast to the 2020 GOP nomination without some form of opposition. While any primary challenge would almost certainly be unsuccessful, Trump aides are looking to prevent a repeat of the convention discord that highlighted the electoral weaknesses of Presidents George H.W. Bush and Jimmy Carter in their failed re-election campaigns.

To defend against that prospect, Trump’s campaign has deployed what it calls an unprecedented effort to monitor and influence local party operations. It has used endorsements, lobbying and rule changes to increase the likelihood that only loyal Trump activists make it to the Republican nominating convention in August 2020.

Bill Stepien, a senior adviser to the Trump campaign, calls it all a “process of ensuring that the national convention is a television commercial for the president for an audience of 300 million and not an internal fight.”

This is completely off topic and doesn't answer my question whatsover

Well for one, I do think Trump should be impeached for all his lying. Shouldn't matter that Bill was under oath and he's not. He's lying.

Or I would ask Trump to come testify and when he refused then I would impeach him even though he never let us catch him in what his lawyers call a "perjury trap".

Isn't every person testifying under oath setting themselves up for a "perjury trap"? It's called lying under oath. Only a liar would call testifying a "perjury trap".

According to a new state law signed today, it's now illegal to lie or conceal facts from Michigan police officers who are investigating a crime. The law says people do not give up their right to remain silent, but if they do talk, they have to tell the truth.Apr 20, 2012

Why? What is the point you are trying to make?

Well for one, I do think Trump should be impeached for all his lying. Shouldn't matter that Bill was under oath and he's not. He's lying.

Or I would ask Trump to come testify and when he refused then I would impeach him even though he never let us catch him in what his lawyers call a "perjury trap".

Isn't every person testifying under oath setting themselves up for a "perjury trap"? It's called lying under oath. Only a liar would call testifying a "perjury trap".

According to a new state law signed today, it's now illegal to lie or conceal facts from Michigan police officers who are investigating a crime. The law says people do not give up their right to remain silent, but if they do talk, they have to tell the truth.Apr 20, 2012

Why? What is the point you are trying to make?

Again, this has NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread. If you can't stay on topic, please just don't post. This is, after all, supposed to be the grown up area.

How very strange that no leftists here can explain why if liberals believe Trump lying to the pubic is such a danger to democracy and yet they haven't introduced a bill making it a crime for politicians to lie to the public..........

I'm just kidding, it isn't strange at all.

Are you serious?

Yes I'm serious. If I was in Congress I would introduce a bill today that made lying to constituents a felony. Why? Because I have principles, I believe the American people deserve the truth from their elected leaders, and I'm sick of lying politicians. This includes the evil orange man who I have called a liar repeatedly on this board.

Why are Democrats not pushing for a law that would make it illegal for Trump to lie, since apparently he's the only liar in DC?

STATEMENT: " If I was in Congress I would introduce a bill today that made lying to constituents a felony"

RESPONSE: Your bill would not get one other sponsor, and would never be put up for a vote.

Are you serious?

STATEMENT: " If I was in Congress I would introduce a bill today that made lying to constituents a felony"

RESPONSE: Your bill would not get one other sponsor, and would never be put up for a vote.

That's my point. Why are Democrats concerned enough to be on TV every day screaming that Trump is such a liar that he is a danger to democracy, but not concerned enough to make it illegal for politicians to lie to the American people?

Forum List

Back