If Ferguson Stays Ferguson, Blacks have no one to blame but themselves

Ferguson will hold municipal elections April 7. The mayor and five of the six city councilpersons are white. Three are up for reelection. Since Michael Brown was gunned down by former Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson on August 9, the one loud refrain has repeatedly been how could a city where African-Americans make up the overwhelming majority of the population be policed by a nearly all-white police force, and governed by a nearly all-white city administration? The thought was that the Brown slaying angered and engaged so many thousands that it was almost a done deal that the first chance black residents got they'd jam the polls and totally revamp city government in Ferguson.

MORE:
11% of eligible voters voted in the last local election in Ferguson.

Think they will let whitey elect their masters again?

Probably so, unless the get a box of fried chicken and a 40 oz bull for voting.

But then they wouldnt be able to bitch about whitey abusing them.

Ferguson will hold municipal elections April 7. The mayor and five of the six city councilpersons are white. Three are up for reelection. Since Michael Brown was gunned down by former Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson on August 9, the one loud refrain has repeatedly been how could a city where African-Americans make up the overwhelming majority of the population be policed by a nearly all-white police force, and governed by a nearly all-white city administration? The thought was that the Brown slaying angered and engaged so many thousands that it was almost a done deal that the first chance black residents got they'd jam the polls and totally revamp city government in Ferguson.

MORE:

I agree, 1000%. I am sick and tired of my people whining and waiting on "others" to come to the rescue when city officials fkkk them over. They act as though these leaders just walks into a community and began governing....their voted in by a hand full of concerned citizens and that's it....meanwhile, sha na na and Jaquan are at home fighting over his hangin with the hommies. You want change, you want people that represent you, you want better communities, THAN DAMIT GET INVOLVED, STAY INVOLVED AND THEN VOTE OR RUN YOURSELF....BUT DAMIT STOP WAITING ON TRAGEDY AND MAYHAM TO MOTIVATE!!

MORE:

Uh, whitey did abuse them...next stupid comment?

That mind set does last a while, doesn't it? Oh well, it's only been a few decades since apartheid was formally repealed, gotta give the mouth breathers some time I reckon.
really? where I came from there was no apartheid, ever

you make statements expecting not to be called out?

MORE:

nigga please,

making racist comments on e-mail is not abuse

MORE:

nigga please,

Huh? you talking to me?

MORE:

nigga please,

Huh? you talking to me?

that is about the size of it,

proof please

nigga please,

Huh? you talking to me?

proof please

nigga please,

Huh? you talking to me?

proof please

Its apparent your posting to me in error.....I haven't accused you of being a racist, stupid maybe, but racist? Proof of what?

MORE:

I agree, 1000%. I am sick and tired of my people whining and waiting on "others" to come to the rescue when city officials fkkk them over. They act as though these leaders just walks into a community and began governing....their voted in by a hand full of concerned citizens and that's it....meanwhile, sha na na and Jaquan are at home fighting over his hangin with the hommies. You want change, you want people that represent you, you want better communities, THAN DAMIT GET INVOLVED, STAY INVOLVED AND THEN VOTE OR RUN YOURSELF....BUT DAMIT STOP WAITING ON TRAGEDY AND MAYHAM TO MOTIVATE!!

Holy crap!!! I didnt know you had it in you.

MORE:

Based on what?

Just as I expected. You guys aren't conservatives at all. How could you be when responses to this op has been little more than a series of convoluted de facto attacks on the Constitutional rights of the majority population in Ferguson.

Vigilante's inefficacious cartoon does not address the issue of the Ferguson vote at all. How bizarre is that?

SJ, as usual, raises his head from the gutter long enough to reveal his disdain for Blacks and their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to vote for whomever they damn well please to make life better for themselves. He just can't believe Blacks can govern themselves.

God-boy, sums it up succinctly. He doesn't seem to know that race already is a prime factor in the confrontational atmosphere that permeates Ferguson. There is something about Ferguson that is very wrong.
Additional research is needed to ascertain WHY the black majority in Ferguson has been so apathetic in the political arena.

The Whites in Ferguson are mostly Democrats and it was the Black vote, or lack thereof, that put them there. But, the Michael Brown shooting has left some backlash in its wake that may, ironically, galvanize local Black voters to elect local Republicans without regard to race.

Black voters in St. Louis County direct their anger at the Democratic Party - The Washington Post
I've got my popcorn in hand, ready to watch how this all pans out.

nigga please,

Huh? you talking to me?

proof please

Still having problems with the quote function I see.

But where you have your present location was a bastion of apartheid. Where did you come from?

List of Jim Crow law examples by state

List of Jim Crow law examples by state - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Virginia

• "Every person... operating... any public hall, theater, opera house, motion picture show or any place of public entertainment or public assemblage which is attended by both white and colored persons, shall separate the white race and the colored race and shall set apart and designate... certain seats therein to be occupied by white persons and a portion thereof, or certain seats therein, to be occupied by colored persons."
  • "The conductors or managers on all such railroads shall have power, and are hereby required, to assign to each white or colored passenger his or her respective car, coach or compartment. If the passenger fails to disclose his race, the conductor and managers, acting in good faith, shall be the sole judges of his race."

Last edited:
That mind set does last a while, doesn't it? Oh well, it's only been a few decades since apartheid was formally repealed, gotta give the mouth breathers some time I reckon.

I guess you hail from somewhere other than the good ol' USA regardless of the location indicated beneath your avatar. From 1896 to 1954 racial segregation (apartheid) was national law for the USA!

Just as I expected. You guys aren't conservatives at all. How could you be when responses to this op has been little more than a series of convoluted de facto attacks on the Constitutional rights of the majority population in Ferguson.

Vigilante's inefficacious cartoon does not address the issue of the Ferguson vote at all. How bizarre is that?

SJ, as usual, raises his head from the gutter long enough to reveal his disdain for Blacks and their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to vote for whomever they damn well please to make life better for themselves. He just can't believe Blacks can govern themselves.

God-boy, sums it up succinctly. He doesn't seem to know that race already is a prime factor in the confrontational atmosphere that permeates Ferguson. There is something about Ferguson that is very wrong.
Additional research is needed to ascertain WHY the black majority in Ferguson has been so apathetic in the political arena.

The Whites in Ferguson are mostly Democrats and it was the Black vote, or lack thereof, that put them there. But, the Michael Brown shooting has left some backlash in its wake that may, ironically, galvanize local Black voters to elect local Republicans without regard to race.

Black voters in St. Louis County direct their anger at the Democratic Party - The Washington Post
I've got my popcorn in hand, ready to watch how this all pans out.

I'm with ya on that!

I guess you hail from somewhere other than the good ol' USA regardless of the location indicated beneath your avatar. From 1896 to 1954 racial segregation (apartheid) was national law for the USA!
Ending jim crow hasn't worked out too well.

Ending jim crow hasn't worked out too well.

Yeah, cause white women like Jim's crow!!

Forum List

Back