If foreigners can't give things of value to campaigns, charge Hillary over the Steele dossier!

Nope- not a single member of the Clinton campaign ever 'floated' the idea that Barack Obama wasn't born in the United States.

This is wrong, but it's also off topic. Another day, another thread perhaps.

I am quite right- and you for some bizarre reason brought up Birthers in the thread. You chose to drive down Crazy Birther Boulevard and now that someone pointed out that you are driving with your lights off in the dark you don't want to talk about it.

So I will.

The true and original origins of the Birther insanity- that Donald Trump promoted for 5 years.

Barackryphal: The Secret Origin of the Birthers

And that rumor first appeared in the early hours of Saturday, March 1, 2008, on the conservative web forum, FreeRepublic.com. In a thread entitled “FR CONTEST: Pin the Middle Name on the Obama,” where posters were offering various 'funny' middle names for Barack Obama in lieu of “Hussein,” a poster named “FARS” posted this non-sequitur:

I was told today that Obama swore in on a Koran for his Senate seat. I do not believe he did. Can someone clarify this for me? I am under the impression only a Congressman has so far sworn in on a Koran.

Also that Obama’s mother gave birth to him overseas and then immediately flew into Hawaii and registered his birth as having taken place in Hawaii.

Neither Clinton- or any of her campaign members ever said that Barack Obama was not born in the United States.

There was one volunteer who passed on an email she had received from someone else- and was promptly shut down for it.

But I do always find it amusing that Trumpsters like to blame Donald Trump's 5 year Birther dalliance on him just being a gullible tool of Hillary Clinton.

The truth is Trump uses the Steele dossier more than either Marco Rubio or Mrs. Clinton ever did.

I don't remember her ever brining it up, but I remember him bringing it up constantly even to this day.

Forum List

Back