If Islam was a religion in a role playing game...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
If Islam was a religion in a role playing game, it would be categorized as "chaotic evil."

Discuss.

If Islam was a religion in a role playing game, it would be categorized as "chaotic evil."

Discuss.

In my previous job, I had many colleagues/friends who were Muslim. Alas, I have been out of touch with most of them since my factory closed.

If I were to judge Islam to be good or evil, based on the conduct of my good friends who adhered to that faith, and based on what I have gleaned from them in conversations about matters of religious principles, I would have to judge it to be good, and not evil. I certainly have to say that in my opinion, the violent extreme fringes of Islam that make so much news are not at all representative of Islam as a whole, and certainly not of the Muslims that I have known. I say that it is no more fair to judge Muslims as a whole by these extreme fringes, than it would be to judge Christianity as a whole by the antics of the Ku Klux Klan or of the Westboro Baptists.

As for “chaotic” versus “lawful”, as I understand these terms in connection with Dungeons and Dragons, I simply do not see how you get “chaotic” out of Islam. “Chaotic” refers to a philosophy or ethic that rejects solid, consistent rules or laws. Islam, in most of its forms, is rather the opposite of that, having a firm, consistent structure of rules and laws.

Discuss.

More like Neutral Evil (puts on beenie and nerd goggles)

As with most religions, they're quite lawful, full of rules to follow. Yet more so than others, Islam lends itself well to either law or chaos. Seeming to prefer neither. Thus Neutral Evil (simply evil with no preference towards either end of the spectrum) fits better.

Forum List

Back