If man evolved from monkeys, where are the monkeys that half-evolved into men?

Certainly, there ought to be a species of monkey that had half-evolved into a man, maybe half as smart as men, maybe able to read and write simple sentences, or able to drive a car or ride a horse?

But there is no such species as a half-man, half-monkey.

True, they have been able to teach sign language to apes, but it takes a great deal of human effort to do this, and you must feed apes constantly to keep them interested.

A human baby does not need treats to motivate it to learn, it is motivated by the learning process itself.
1. Don't we have people who can't pass their driver's test? People who can't read???

2. We killed off that other species. In fact they were smarter than us but we were bigger and bred faster.

You are asking questions that frankly... Even my children don't ask. They have a better understanding of the fudamentals, than to ask about monkey-man hybrids, or people evolving from monkeys, and other such nonsense.
That's interesting, because my children asked me all kinds of questions when they were growing up. And I never used the dismissive tone towards them that you have used towards me.
Then let me put it another way...

You're asking the wrong questions.
There is no such thing as a wrong question.

You are a modern day Inquisitor if you believe orthodoxy cannot be questioned.
Actually there is such a thing as the wrong question. Especially when one desires, as you do; to have the answer arrive at the same place as your conclusions...
Only an Inquisitor-minded person ready to use the torture machine on heretics, Jews, and Muslims would say something like that.
Yet again you arrive at a bizarre, and unsupported conclusion... Tell us the truth... Are you drunk posting?

Certainly, there ought to be a species of monkey that had half-evolved into a man, maybe half as smart as men, maybe able to read and write simple sentences, or able to drive a car or ride a horse?

True, they have been able to teach sign language to apes, but it takes a great deal of human effort to do this, and you must feed apes constantly to keep them interested.

A human baby does not need treats to motivate it to learn, it is motivated by the learning process itself.
There is zero evidence of species turning into a

There is no evidence a species can become a more complex species, and the laws of physics say it is impossible.

There is zero evidence of species turning into a

There is no evidence a species can become a more complex species, and the laws of physics say it is impossible.
No they don't.

What's interesting here is that all I've done is politely ask questions, and for that, I am condemned as stupid and uneducated. Is this the way you teach your children when they ask you questions?
You are asking questions that frankly... Even my children don't ask. They have a better understanding of the fudamentals, than to ask about monkey-man hybrids, or people evolving from monkeys, and other such nonsense.
That's interesting, because my children asked me all kinds of questions when they were growing up. And I never used the dismissive tone towards them that you have used towards me.
It's probably not an effective way to brainwash someone. Easier to tell them about eternal bliss and damnation

I do not believe that the human race is the product of random evolution, an accident that might have not happened if a butterfly or two had been killed by the time traveler. I believe the human race, and all members of the human race, are unique creations of an all-loving God, and each of us has worth beyond a billion stars. Also, I believe that Darwinism, when applied to politics, leads to horrible results, including the Nazi regime, that determined that some humans were "evolved" and therefore worth saving, and other humans were "less evolved" and therefore worth destroying. We have seen this kind of racism expressed on this very thread, and it is dangerous, as history makes clear.

What's interesting here is that all I've done is politely ask questions, and for that, I am condemned as stupid and uneducated. Is this the way you teach your children when they ask you questions?
It's probably not an effective way to brainwash someone. Easier to tell them about eternal bliss and damnation. And use a different tone.

and the laws of physics say it is impossible.

If you're referring to the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics which states that, "The second law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of any isolated system always increases.". But evolution isn't an isolated system. Spontaneous genetic mutation is caused by influences from outside the reproductive system.

If you're referring to the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics which states that, "The second law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of any isolated system always increases.". But evolution isn't an isolated system. Spontaneous genetic mutation is caused by influences from outside the reproductive system.
A gene cannot create new advancements in nature. It can only lose them. A gene of X length cannot become X+1 and still work.

The demand that I get an education is strange. I have 19 years of formal education, and during but in all that time, I never heard of a species of animal that was half-way between a monkey and a man. Seems to me that some creature like that should exist, or should have existed, sometime in history if the theory of evolution is true. When I say, where's the proof of evolution? I am treated like some sort of heretic at an Inquisition. I am condemned for my lack of faith.
Sad to hear that in all those years, you never learned what the theory of evolution was about.....
I am very sure I know more about evolution than you do.

1. Evolution is a theory that has an abundance of evidence to support it, which is why every reputable scientist in any field of study related to evolution and biology believes it to be true. To demand proof of evolution is an impossibility, and if you know as much about science and evolution as you claim then you would certainly know that. Which means either you are a creationist or you are trying to rile people up. Which begs the question: do you believe in creationism?

2. Anthropologists have been looking for the so-called missing link between man and apes for a long time. The fact that they have not found it does not invalidate the possibility that such exists, they have found hominids that are fairly close though. Are you proposing that homo sapiens could not have evolved from apes and monkeys? If you want to say that it didn't happen that way, God did it, you're entitled to that opinion or theory. However, there's no proof of that either and far less evidence than there is for the theory of evolution.

3. If you know as much about the idea of evolution as you say, then you know that some animals have adapted and evolved more than others, for a number of reasons. At some point in time, some hominids came down out of the trees and started walking around on 2 feet and some stayed in the trees but still managed to avoid extinction. They didn't have to evolve any further than what they pretty much already were to survive. Early humans did, as evidenced by so many earlier species of homo that died out. We adapted into who and what we are today. So maybe there never was a half monkey, half man, or if there was it didn't offer any survival benefits. Which means there may not have been many half monkey, half-man individuals for us to find remains for.

A gene cannot create new advancements in nature. It can only lose them. A gene of X length cannot become X+1 and still work.

A gene is sequence of nucleotides that are arranged helically to form chromosomes. There is no physical limit to the number of genes that can be combined to form longer chromosomes. The human genome contains almost 20,000 genes. The hepatitis B virus contains less than 4,000 genes.

The demand that I get an education is strange. I have 19 years of formal education, and during but in all that time, I never heard of a species of animal that was half-way between a monkey and a man. Seems to me that some creature like that should exist, or should have existed, sometime in history if the theory of evolution is true. When I say, where's the proof of evolution? I am treated like some sort of heretic at an Inquisition. I am condemned for my lack of faith.
Sad to hear that in all those years, you never learned what the theory of evolution was about.....
I am very sure I know more about evolution than you do.

1. Evolution is a theory that has an abundance of evidence to support it, which is why every reputable scientist in any field of study related to evolution and biology believes it to be true. To demand proof of evolution is an impossibility, and if you know as much about science and evolution as you claim then you would certainly know that. Which means either you are a creationist or you are trying to rile people up. Which begs the question: do you believe in creationism?

2. Anthropologists have been looking for the so-called missing link between man and apes for a long time. The fact that they have not found it does not invalidate the possibility that such exists, they have found hominids that are fairly close though. Are you proposing that homo sapiens could not have evolved from apes and monkeys? If you want to say that it didn't happen that way, God did it, you're entitled to that opinion or theory. However, there's no proof of that either and far less evidence than there is for the theory of evolution.

3. If you know as much about the idea of evolution as you say, then you know that some animals have adapted and evolved more than others, for a number of reasons. At some point in time, some hominids came down out of the trees and started walking around on 2 feet and some stayed in the trees but still managed to avoid extinction. They didn't have to evolve any further than what they pretty much already were to survive. Early humans did, as evidenced by so many earlier species of homo that died out. We adapted into who and what we are today. So maybe there never was a half monkey, half man, or if there was it didn't offer any survival benefits. Which means there may not have been many half monkey, half-man individuals for us to find remains for.
When you say I have to believe in evolution because "every reputable scientist" believes it, then I grow suspicious that you are imposing an orthodoxy.

A gene is sequence of nucleotides that are arranged helically to form chromosomes. There is no physical limit to the number of genes that can be combined to form longer chromosomes. The human genome contains almost 20,000 genes. The hepatitis B virus contains less than 4,000 genes.
We are talking about a few genes going to 20,000 naturally. Laws of nature say it's impossible. Not improbable. Impossible.

I understand what you were trying to get at.
You just didn't say it right is all. :)
If proved Orang Pendek or if real Saquwatch or Yeti. All though I suspect the yeti is really a rare bear.
Orang Pendek - Wikipedia

Last edited:
The fact that they have not found it does not invalidate the possibility that such exists,

In fact, there are dozens of transitional fossil records of distinct species on the timeline from a primate ancestor and humans.

We are talking about a few genes going to 20,000 naturally. Laws of nature say it's impossible. Not improbable. Impossible.

Which law, be specific? Certainly not the laws of thermodynamics.
You find me the one that says chaos

You find me the law that says choas evolves into order.

You find me the one that says chaos

You find me the law that says choas evolves into order.
You would have to believe that can happen if you are an atheist.

No, there are not. Finding a fragment of a bone is meaningless.

Meaningless to those who don't understand anthropology. Acceptance of the findings of biology and anthropology doesn't necessarily negate the existence of G-d. It merely negates a literal acceptance of the biblical account of creation in Beresheit (Genesis).

If we accept biblical accounts as metaphorical, it's perfectly reasonable to accept that an infinite creator would use molecular biology to create a vast number of diverse species that adapt to their environments rather than an assembly line of creatures that never change.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back