If nk fires at guam

Skipping the valid 1-5 parts of the plan, and going straight to the insane part of the responce.

Here's NoKo's plan:

6. NoKo demands the U.S. abandon SoKo or it will launch nuclear missile against a Japanese city.
7. The U.S. has to comply since any retaliation would cause a massive launch of nuclear ICBM against the U.S.
8. NoKo annexes SoKo
9. NoKo continues to use it's nuclear arsenal to extort the world.
10. NoKo sells nuclear weapons to terrorist organizations and belligerent countries.

If you were paying attention, you'd know that NoKo has made it very clear that they want to annex SoKo and that they want to destroy the U.S. and it's allies.

Are you assuming that NoKo has just been blowing wind all these years?

That once NoKo has an arsenal of nuclear missiles, they will act as a responsible and peaceful nation?

So far all evidence points to the contrary.

Let Koreans sort their own affairs out. The US should leave South Korea. It's currently in violation of the Armistice it signed. Part of the agreement was for the US to leave South Korea. That obviously hasn't happened. Personally, i think it's time for the US to abide the agreement and come home. I know i'm in the minority on that assessment, but i still stand by it.

If you were paying attention, you'd know that NoKo has made it very clear that they want to annex SoKo and that they want to destroy the U.S. and it's allies.

Are you assuming that NoKo has just been blowing wind all these years?.

It's just like the US proposing N. Korea give up all it's nuclear weapons. Or that Pakistan do so, or India. N. Korea knows the US will never withdraw from S. Korea, or allow N. Korea to annex the south. And Kim would never sell his very expensive toys to terrorists.

Even if they miss, it's an act of war, is it not?
Interesting question

Assuming the missile is armed, it's an act of war whether it hit's Guam or not. If it's unarmed missile, I would say it's a provocation. However, determining whether it's armed and failed or just a dummy payload might be problematic.

If missiles were detected headed toward Guam, the US would retaliate just as if those missiles were headed toward the California coast. Guam is a US territory with over 150,000 US citizens. It is also the home base of the US Seventh Fleet and a number of military commands.

Not really.. Might just be testing their missiles and splashing them in Intl waters. He can get our WHOLE Pac fleet out there to watch them for them. See the Guam thread I started in Curr Events for a theory on this..
There would be no way to determine whether the missiles carried a nuclear payload or dummy warheads. I doubt the military would take a wait see position.

Doesn't matter if we attempt an intercept. He just wants to know where they end up. Because the whole NK program is halted if they can't refine the guidance and accuracy in flight. Kim Chee has no missile range with radars and optics and a task force of Aegis cruisers.

So, anytime the US fires a missile in the direction of a nation in International Waters, it's a justification for those nations to attack the US? Boy, American Warmongers are loony as hell. :cuckoo:

I think Trump should go to Guam and challenge Kim to shoot a missile at him.

There's a golf course there.

Interesting question

Assuming the missile is armed, it's an act of war whether it hit's Guam or not. If it's unarmed missile, I would say it's a provocation. However, determining whether it's armed and failed or just a dummy payload might be problematic.

If missiles were detected headed toward Guam, the US would retaliate just as if those missiles were headed toward the California coast. Guam is a US territory with over 150,000 US citizens. It is also the home base of the US Seventh Fleet and a number of military commands.

Not really.. Might just be testing their missiles and splashing them in Intl waters. He can get our WHOLE Pac fleet out there to watch them for them. See the Guam thread I started in Curr Events for a theory on this..
There would be no way to determine whether the missiles carried a nuclear payload or dummy warheads. I doubt the military would take a wait see position.

Doesn't matter if we attempt an intercept. He just wants to know where they end up. Because the whole NK program is halted if they can't refine the guidance and accuracy in flight. Kim Chee has no missile range with radars and optics and a task force of Aegis cruisers.

Intercepting a missile in International Waters, could be viewed as illegal and an act of War. The US would not tolerate a nation intercepting its missiles. The US has no legal right to destroy fired North Korean missiles.

More radicalized Democrat lunacy. Wishing for death on the President. Y'all need to chill with that incitement rhetoric. It's not funny. It's actually very dangerous. Shame on ya.

Skipping the valid 1-5 parts of the plan, and going straight to the insane part of the responce.

Here's NoKo's plan:

6. NoKo demands the U.S. abandon SoKo or it will launch nuclear missile against a Japanese city.
7. The U.S. has to comply since any retaliation would cause a massive launch of nuclear ICBM against the U.S.
8. NoKo annexes SoKo
10. NoKo sells nuclear weapons to terrorist organizations and belligerent countries.

That once NoKo has an arsenal of nuclear missiles, they will act as a responsible and peaceful nation?

Let Koreans sort their own affairs out. The US should leave South Korea. It's currently in violation of the Armistice it signed. Part of the agreement was for the US to leave South Korea. That obviously hasn't happened. Personally, i think it's time for the US to abide the agreement and come home. I know i'm in the minority on that assessment, but i still stand by it.
Wrong. It was not part of the armistice agreement we leave South Korea. That question was left open.

More radicalized Democrat lunacy. Wishing for death on the President. Y'all need to chill with that incitement rhetoric. It's not funny. It's actually very dangerous. Shame on ya.
I'm not wishing death on the President, tard. We have Aegis ships which can shoot down any missile.

Trump going to Guam would show he has balls instead of a big mouth.

Trump is putting a lot of other people's lives on the line. It's time for him to put his own skin in the game.

So, anytime the US fires a missile in the direction of a nation in International Waters, it's a justification for those nations to attack the US? Boy, American Warmongers are loony as hell. :cuckoo:
We don't fire missiles at other countries as a test. We use ballistic missile test ranges such as in the Marshall Islands.

NK to my knowledge has no possessions in the Pacific to use as a target. However, using possessions of other countries as a target would be an act of war.

Did they INTEND to miss? Was it a warning shot? Did we know they were going to miss before they missed?

Was it simply a warning shot?

Stop repeating yourself...
And yes it would be an act of war.

A shot across the bow is an act of war?

If a police officer is confronting a man with a gun and that man fires a "warning shot" is the officer unreasonable fearing for his safety? Is he reasonable unloading his gun into the perp?

And what happens if these "warning shots" actually hit something? Why is one an act of war and the other not?

We don't fire missiles at other countries as a test. We use ballistic missile test ranges such as in the Marshall Islands.

NK to my knowledge has no possessions in the Pacific to use as a target. However, using possessions of other countries as a target would be an act of war.

Oh Gawd, y'all Warmongers are laughable. The US routinely test-fires missiles in the direction of nations in International Waters. Does that mean they're firing at those nations? And does that then justify those nations attacking the US? North Korea has not said it wants to attack Guam. Y'all Warmongers are just lying us into another war. You're desperately trying to concoct a False Flag event. To be more blunt, you're full of SHITE.

So merely test-firing a missile in the direction of a nation, in International Waters, is now an 'Act of War? Ok, that sounds absolutely insane. I guess numerous nations are now justified in attacking the US. What a crazy crazy world we're living in. :cuckoo:

Here's NoKo's plan:

8. NoKo annexes SoKo

Both sides have claimed the other has violated the armistice since the year it was signed.

A U.S. withdrawal would beyond all doubt create a vacuum of power on the Korean Peninsula, prompting North Korea to take on more provocative actions such as testing more missile and nuclear tests, attacking South Korean troops near the DMZ more often or shelling on the South’s ships. In return, South Korea would respond to avoid losing face, and the two Korea's would once again be at war. A united Korea under control of China would be too tempting a prize for China to ignore.

Did they INTEND to miss? Was it a warning shot? Did we know they were going to miss before they missed?

If a police officer is confronting a man with a gun and that man fires a "warning shot" is the officer unreasonable fearing for his safety? Is he reasonable unloading his gun into the perp?

And what happens if these "warning shots" actually hit something? Why is one an act of war and the other not?
one kills and one does not. a warning shot doesn't kill.

Depends. If there is a nuclear detonation, they won't be given a 'do over' if they miss. They'll just start dying when we attack.

If it's a splash in and we recover a nuclear warhead, that would be an act of war.

If it's a splash in and we find out it was a bluff, we just point and laugh

But why wouldn't we just shoot any missile out of the sky? You think anyone in the military is going to wait to fish something out of the water before responding?

Depends. If there is a nuclear detonation, they won't be given a 'do over' if they miss. They'll just start dying when we attack.

If it's a splash in and we recover a nuclear warhead, that would be an act of war.

If it's a splash in and we find out it was a bluff, we just point and laugh

The missile will NOT have a warhead.

And we are supposed to wait till they do to respond to an attack?

one kills and one does not. a warning shot doesn't kill.

One doesn't need to kill to commit an act of war.

Here's NoKo's plan:

1. Get the world in a tizzy about NoKo launching against Guam.
2. Either NoKo doesn't launch against Guam or it launches on a trajectory in Guam's general direction, but still far from Guam.
3. The whole world decides that the crisis has been adverted and forgets about NoKo developing nuclear missiles.
4. NoKo develops a huge arsenal of nuclear ICBMs
8. NoKo annexes SoKo

And if they keep firing missiles that intend to miss or not be armed how long before the world stops caring if they fire missiles and they launch real ones?

Forum List

Back