If Obama's gun control executive order...

I will...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The sonofabitch doesn't have the authority to circumvent the Bill of Rights or Congress. He is operating outside the laws. He needs to be treated as a criminal tyrant. Those like Hillary Clinton that support his agenda need to be held accountable.
Hey, double up on those meds. It was a "what if" question. He didn't actually do it. :chillpill:

Yeah we know, moron. He's talking seriously about it though.

...is along the lines of "if an individual or business sells more than (a number 8 or higher) firearms per year, that individual must acquire a Federal Firearm License", will you support or oppose it? If you so choose...why?

If I make a profit with my online store it needs to be reported, if I am doing it out of my home I need a license...... what makes firearms so special.

Since when do you need a license to work out of your home? Since when do you need a license to make things and sell them? You don't. You only have to report your earnings to the IRS.

I said nothing about having a license to sell online
If you are running a legit home business you need licenses and permits
When you're caught up in the excitement of starting a new business, it's easy to ignore the need for licenses and permits. However, licenses and permits are mandatory, and before you can legally begin to operate your business, you need to have all its licenses and permits in place. Additionally, if your business has employees or sells taxable goods or services, you need to register with the taxing authorities

Why You Need a Business License

...is along the lines of "if an individual or business sells more than (a number 8 or higher) firearms per year, that individual must acquire a Federal Firearm License", will you support or oppose it? If you so choose...why?

If I make a profit with my online store it needs to be reported, if I am doing it out of my home I need a license...... what makes firearms so special.

Since when do you need a license to work out of your home? Since when do you need a license to make things and sell them? You don't. You only have to report your earnings to the IRS.

When you're caught up in the excitement of starting a new business, it's easy to ignore the need for licenses and permits. However, licenses and permits are mandatory, and before you can legally begin to operate your business, you need to have all its licenses and permits in place. Additionally, if your business has employees or sells taxable goods or services, you need to register with the taxing authorities

Well that isn't at all the same as me wanting to sell a gun to my neighbor now is it? Your analogy fails.

He's the one person in government offering more than thoughts and prayers.

Politically, it's a smart bomb for the GOP designed to put Rubio, Christie, and Bush on the record about just how much of the NRA Kool Aid they are ready to consume.

He's not even in the contest this year and he's basically kicked ever GOP presidential candidate in the nuts. Surely there are those who will live and die being the exact opposite of whatever posture he assumes. These are not serious candidates. Those that are serious and realize that compromises are the way to move forward will have to come down on one side or another.

Hopefully you yokels let it help split your party in two.

Look at the moron spin!

Not one single candidate has supported Obama's illegal action. So much for your split.

Wow, look at junior trying to sound tough.

Splitting the GOP from the mainstream has just happened....

Being on the wrong side of an issue is enough. The split comes when independents (90% of All Americans favor more stringent background checks) are constantly reminded in the Fall of the GOP nominee's intransigence on an issue that is front-page news and touches most Americans because they know that tomorrow, it could be them in a situation at the school, synagogue, pilates class or at the gym.

Here is Obama offering more than "thoughts and prayers" and the GOP candidates can't oppose it fast enough....

Classic political mastery by someone whose clearly better than the clown car. Obama knows that nobody will go withing 10 lightyears of pissing off the NRA and the gun nuts so he forces them to take a 10% position....hence the kick in the nuts to every GOP "opponent" who has just drove a nail into their own coffins.

I know this is too sophisticated a view for you to understand. After all it's not a coloring book or sitcom or reality TV or a tractor pull. You'll find out later on when there is thin cross-over support for whomever you guys finally harness with the GOP nomination...

All too easy.

Politically, it's a smart bomb for the GOP designed to put Rubio, Christie, and Bush on the record about just how much of the NRA Kool Aid they are ready to consume.

He's not even in the contest this year and he's basically kicked ever GOP presidential candidate in the nuts. Surely there are those who will live and die being the exact opposite of whatever posture he assumes. These are not serious candidates. Those that are serious and realize that compromises are the way to move forward will have to come down on one side or another.

Look at the moron spin!

Not one single candidate has supported Obama's illegal action. So much for your split.

Being on the wrong side of an issue is enough. The split comes when independents (90% of All Americans favor more stringent background checks) are constantly reminded in the Fall of the GOP nominee's intransigence on an issue that is front-page news and touches most Americans because they know that tomorrow, it could be them in a situation at the school, synagogue, pilates class or at the gym.

Here is Obama offering more than "thoughts and prayers" and the GOP candidates can't oppose it fast enough....

Classic political mastery by someone whose clearly better than the clown car. Obama knows that nobody will go withing 10 lightyears of pissing off the NRA and the gun nuts so he forces them to take a 10% position....hence the kick in the nuts to every GOP "opponent" who has just drove a nail into their own coffins.

I know this is too sophisticated a view for you to understand. After all it's not a coloring book or sitcom or reality TV or a tractor pull. You'll find out later on when there is thin cross-over support for whomever you guys finally harness with the GOP nomination...

All too easy.

It's an illegal action, you are trying to spin it into a positive.

And hey, if all you have is Hillary, you'd better hope like hell it works like you say.

Well that isn't at all the same as me wanting to sell a gun to my neighbor now is it? Your analogy fails.

The OP is talking about more than 8 guns, not a gun to your neighbor......

More laws equal less freedom

Look at the moron spin!

All too easy.

And hey, if all you have is Hillary, you'd better hope like hell it works like you say.

Illegality is for the courts to decide.
But the die is cast...if you're a GOP presidential pretender, you're against common sense background checks. They are doing the classic GOP appeal to the nutjobs in the party and then will have to tack back to the Center if they get the nomination....and it won't work; just like it hasn't worked in the last 2 contests.

Better start working on your excuses for why your guy lost bub... Remember, voter fraud is no longer a valid excuse for you to use since we now have to show IDs when we vote. You also can't use dead voting, illegals voting, or people voting twice.

All you're left with is calling the American electorate "stupid" which is great strategy.....

More freedom for gun nuts = more dead bodies.

Look at the moron spin!

All too easy.

Illegality is for the courts to decide.
But the die is cast...if you're a GOP presidential pretender, you're against common sense background checks. They are doing the classic GOP appeal to the nutjobs in the party and then will have to tack back to the Center if they get the nomination....and it won't work; just like it hasn't worked in the last 2 contests.

Better start working on your excuses for why your guy lost bub... Remember, voter fraud is no longer a valid excuse for you to use since we now have to show IDs when we vote. You also can't use dead voting, illegals voting, or people voting twice.

All you're left with is calling the American electorate "stupid" which is great strategy.....
Are you stupid in the head??
We already have background checks, any more laws equal less freedom. Quit repeating dumbass progressive talking points, it makes you look like a ass.

More freedom for gun nuts = more dead bodies.
Preventing millions of people just like me from getting firearms will not save a single soul.
You need some new talking points

I'll be honest with you...I'm on the fence...leaning towards supporting as long as some limited private sales are allowed.

I had an experience buying an AR-15 for my wife during the last, or second to last attempt by Obama to ban modern sporting rifles that really brought things into perspective. This guy didn't give a damn if I could legally purchase a firearm...didn't ask...didn't ask to see a license, didn't ask if I was a resident of the state. As long as I had the money, I was leaving with a gun. I wrote about it here...conveniently titled Benedict Arnold, as some of you might believe me to be in this instance.

Benedict Arnold... | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Good grief...that was three years ago...time sure does fly.

I've bought a few other firearms since from private sellers...I'm not into handguns, so it's mostly hunting rifles and shotgun...but still, of those transactions, only once was I asked for a drivers license...a fellow in an NRA cap selling that single shot Stevens 12 gauge I recently bought.

Government steps in when individuals fail to display the capacity to police themselves...and it only takes a few bad apples to spoil it for everyone.

So, that's it...my spiel. Your comments are welcome...try to keep it civil...but if you cannot, I understand.

I'll be honest with you...I'm on the fence...leaning towards supporting as long as some limited private sales are allowed.

I had an experience buying an AR-15 for my wife during the last, or second to last attempt by Obama to ban modern sporting rifles that really brought things into perspective. This guy didn't give a damn if I could legally purchase a firearm...didn't ask...didn't ask to see a license, didn't ask if I was a resident of the state. As long as I had the money, I was leaving with a gun. I wrote about it here...conveniently title Benedict Arnold, as some of you might believe me to be in this instance.

Benedict Arnold... | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Good grief...that was three years ago...time sure does fly.

I've bought a few other firearms since from private sellers...I'm not into handguns, so it's mostly hunting rifles and shotgun...but still, of those transactions, only once was I asked for a drivers license...a fellow in an NRA cap selling that single shot Stevens 12 gauge I recently bought.

Government steps in when individuals fail to display the capacity to police themselves...and it only takes a few bad apples to spoil it for everyone.

So, that's it...my spiel. Your comments are welcome...try to keep it civil...but if you cannot, I understand.
Except universal background checks don't work, the progressives are barking up the wrong tree when it comes to crime prevention.
They always lead to firearm registration, being absolutely unconstitutional.
Criminals by their very nature just don't follow laws.

Except universal background checks don't work,

So your position is that no background check has ever prevented someone who was mentally ill from getting a weapon. Right?
No, New universal background checks will never work. They are far too broad and always lead to gun registration which is absolutely unconstitutional.

So your position is that no background check has ever prevented someone who was mentally ill from getting a weapon. Right?
No, New universal background checks will never work. They are far too broad and always lead to gun registration which is absolutely unconstitutional.
So, your position is that the current background checks are working?

So, your position is that the current background checks are working?
Yes, enforce the current laws... Don't be adding new ineffective do gooder laws.

Here's a radical idea: rather than engaging in a pointless speculation fallacy, instead wait until the EO is actually issued, and its provisions known, then discuss the merits of the Order in a factual manner.

And as already correctly noted, Executive Orders are legal and Constitutional until such time as the Supreme Court rules otherwise.

Forum List

Back