🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If scotland secedes from the UK, should america apologize for not letting the south secede in 1861?

Honestly, yes they would. They're just smart enough not to.

If Cuba had Guantanamo in America you can bet we would push them out with force.

Honestly, yes they would. They're just smart enough not to.

If Cuba had Guantanamo in America you can bet we would push them out with force.

So, you agree that when the North took Fort Sumter as a casus belli, it was justifiable?

So, you agree that when the North took Fort Sumter as a casus belli, it was justifiable?

You mean the south? If an opposing unwanted army is camped in your territory you have every right to use military force to get them out. The south offered terms for surrender, the north refused, so the south fired. all justified in my eyes.

[

You mean the south? If an opposing unwanted army is camped in your territory you have every right to use military force to get them out. The south offered terms for surrender, the north refused, so the south fired. all justified in my eyes.

That's what i say. For 150 years history textbooks have said the south started the CW by firing on fort sumter. Fact is the north started the war by refusing to leave the fort that was now part of the confederacy.

shootspeeders demonstrates an inability to use logic.

South Carolina by negotiation gave up the land to the federal government long before.

Ft. Sumter was US property.

End of subject.

No self-respecting southerner would accept an apology from a corrupt federal government or any of it's shills from the northeast shit hole attached to an otherwise fine continent.

DC can burn in a nuclear fire tomorrow for all I care and I don't care one iota. I just hope congress is in session when it happens.

My only regret is that Robert E Lee's generals had obeyed his orders and acted a bit differently leading up to Gettysburg. We could have burned the place down 151 years ago with no lasting radiation!

WTF does UK history have to do with USA history?

The idea of secession obviously. Haters like you say it's ok for countries to secede - except when the confederacy does it.

THINK
What was that old line?

Ya'll shoulda freed your slaves, and then seceded.

But ya didn't, so the war became a war to end slavery.

You had your shot.

It cost us a half-million dead and millions of lives ruined.

The matter has been decided.

Enough already.

["]No self-respecting southerner would accept an apology from a corrupt federal government or any of it's shills from the northeast shit hole attached to an otherwise fine continent.

DC can burn in a nuclear fire tomorrow for all I care and I don't care one iota. I just hope congress is in session when it happens.

My only regret is that Robert E Lee's generals had obeyed his orders and acted a bit differently leading up to Gettysburg. We could have burned the place down 151 years ago with no lasting radiation!

Lee wouldn't have burned anything down. Like an idiot, he tried to fight an "honorable" war against murdering war criminals like lincoln, grant, and sherman.

South Carolina by negotiation gave up the land to the federal government long before.

End of subject.

"Was" is right. After SC seceded, the north had no claim on any land in the state. THINK

The Treaty of Union was signed in the first decade of the 18th century; devolution has been a long process. If Scotland votes for total independence, there will mostly be a complex series of agreements entered into thereafter. GEOGRAPHY plays a large role.

End of subject.

"Was" is right. After SC seceded, the north had no claim on any land in the state. THINK

The inferior (the state that gave up the land by contract to the US) does not tell the superior (the federal government) that its (illegal) secession invalidates the contract.

That's why the federal government morally and constitutionally executed the Old South.

Forum List

Back