🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If scotland secedes from the UK, should america apologize for not letting the south secede in 1861?

[
Slavery is one of the main reasons the war was fought, but, was far from the only reason.

In your list of the five reasons for the civil war, you left out tariffs. As for slavery, it was a small part of what the war was about. How could it be otherwise when

1. four northern states had legal slavery throughout the war

2. a number of northern generals, including Grant, were slave owners during the war

3. Andrew Johnson was a slave owner during the war.
Because the South SAID it was about slavery...in each and every one of their Articles of Secession. Can you be any stupider?

Stupider isn't a word, may want to keep that in mind when insulting the intelligence of others.

Why should we apologize to a bunch of traitors? I am not saying the people of the modern South are traitors but their ancestors on the other hand...

How were they traitors.? Was George Washington a traitor when he supported seceding from england? THINK

Yes, he was a traitor.

the father of your country and you ADMIT you consider him a traitor? All liberals are america-haters. Thanks for proving that.

It's about perspective. From England's point of view , Washington was certainly a traitor.

The south has been condemned for 150 years for merely trying to secede from what they felt was an oppressive govt. That's what the original 13 colonies did in 1776 and what scotland is trying to do now.

It was a fair fight.

Rebs lost.

Why apologize for a kick-ass victory…

At least if they try it again, fight won't last week… we have drones.
Around 620,000 soldiers died in the U.S. civil war. The Union lost around 360,000 killed (110,000 in combat) and the Confederacy lost around 260,000 killed (93,000 in combat).

If that is a kick-ass victory, what would you call what the seahawks did to the broncos in the last super bowl?
Yes, it was...because look at the % of the Southern population that died compared to the % of the Northern population that died.

The South started something by firing on a Federal fort they couldn't finish. Sucks to be them.

[
Slavery is one of the main reasons the war was fought, but, was far from the only reason.

In your list of the five reasons for the civil war, you left out tariffs. As for slavery, it was a small part of what the war was about. How could it be otherwise when

2. a number of northern generals, including Grant, were slave owners during the war

Because the South SAID it was about slavery...in each and every one of their Articles of Secession. Can you be any stupider?

Stupider isn't a word, may want to keep that in mind when insulting the intelligence of others.
Grammarly Answers Stupider or More Stupid

You were saying?

Imagine that before the Civil War, the US divided into two countries. A free one in the North and a terrible slave state in the south. Eventually, with help from free blacks and freedom loving liberal whites in the North, the slaves would have overpowered the fat and old white slave holders. Such a slaughter.

Worse, USMB Republicans of today wouldn't be able to say they are on the side of Lincoln.

The south has been condemned for 150 years for merely trying to secede from what they felt was an oppressive govt. That's what the original 13 colonies did in 1776 and what scotland is trying to do now.

It was a fair fight.

Rebs lost.

Why apologize for a kick-ass victory…

At least if they try it again, fight won't last week… we have drones.

Fair fight? HAHAHA. Lincoln used war-crime tactics to win the war.
As opposed to having slaves....and you talk about "war-crimes". Oh, need we remind you of Andersonville?

[

You were saying?
Are you serious, that is just random person's answer to the question

"if the first one is incorrect when COULD you use the word stupider"

:rofl:

stupider is in common use, that does not make it correct

English Grammar Explanations - Comparative superlative

Believe me, you use word stupider in a thesis, you'll get points deducted.

Why should we apologize to a bunch of traitors? I am not saying the people of the modern South are traitors but their ancestors on the other hand...

How were they traitors.? Was George Washington a traitor when he supported seceding from england? THINK

Yes, he was a traitor.

the father of your country and you ADMIT you consider him a traitor? All liberals are america-haters. Thanks for proving that.

No, I do not admit I consider him a traitor. And your righteous indignation only works because you only used PART of my statement as a quote. What I actually said was:

"Yes, he was a traitor. At least from England's point of view. Whether he continued to be considered a traitor depended largely on whether he won the war or not. If he had not, he would have been hanged as a traitor."

Being historically accurate does not make me a liberal nor does it show that I hate America.

[

You were saying?

Ok, Shootspeeders is stupider. You are more stupid. Better?

Stupider Define Stupider at Dictionary.com

[

You were saying?

I'm more stupid for pointing out that you should use correct grammar when calling another person stupid?

That is just possibly the most asinine thing I've read on here

in the last 5 minutes

and you will note, I wrote most asinine thing, not the asininist thing, because you see I continued my education past the 8th grade and unerstand the importance of proper communication. In fact the Army insisted on it.

Imagine that before the Civil War, the US divided into two countries. A free one in the North and a terrible slave state in the south. Eventually, with help from free blacks and freedom loving liberal whites in the North, the slaves would have overpowered the fat and old white slave holders. Such a slaughter.

Worse, USMB Republicans of today wouldn't be able to say they are on the side of Lincoln.
Oh, and I forgot. Those right wingers would have been tunneling under the border in an attempt to get a migrant job since their failed nation doesn't offer unemployment benefits or Medical Benefits.

[

You were saying?

I'm more stupid for pointing out that you should use correct grammar when calling another person stupid?

in the last 5 minutes

and you will note, I wrote most asinine thing, not the asininist thing, because you see I continued my education past the 8th grade and unerstand the importance of proper communication. In fact the Army insisted on it.

[

You were saying?

in the last 5 minutes

who cares about a dictionary? When you are making fun of someone's intelligence your posts should be in order. Correct grammar when using the superlative of a two syllable word is to use more and most, not add er or est. PERIOD, it has been that way since Shakespeare was a child.

If you had ever went to college you would absolutely, positively have known that.

[

You were saying?

in the last 5 minutes

who cares about a dictionary? When you are making fun of someone's intelligence your posts should be in order. Correct grammar when using the superlative of a two syllable word is to use more and most, not add er or est. PERIOD, it has been that way since Shakespeare was a child.

If you had ever went to college you would absolutely, positively have known that.
:lol: Stupider Define Stupider at Dictionary.com

No. The UK is not the United States, bub.

[

The South started something by firing on a Federal fort they couldn't finish. Sucks to be them.

Lincoln started the war by refusing to remove his troops from the fort that was now situated in a foreign country. THINK

Forum List

Back