If selling a gay couple a wedding cake means a "Christian" baker participated in the marriage...

There are plenty of Homosexual bakers out there- there really is no reason for people intent on Gay Marriage to insist that Christians bake a cake for them.

The only reason I see is that the Homos want to "stick it" in the eye of Normative Americans who are offended by this bastardization.

BTW, if I was a baker, I'd have no problem with baking a cake for this kind of silliness. I'd still think it was stupid, but I liked Jim Carey in drag as Vera De Milo back in the day.

The baker knew who was wanting the cake and because of the baker's religious belief, wanted nothing to do with it.

Does this Christian gun store owner know whether or not the purchaser is going to commit a murder?

A gun is designed to kill people. What else would they want it for?

There are plenty of Homosexual bakers out there- there really is no reason for people intent on Gay Marriage to insist that Christians bake a cake for them.

The only reason I see is that the Homos want to "stick it" in the eye of Normative Americans who are offended by this bastardization.

BTW, if I was a baker, I'd have no problem with baking a cake for this kind of silliness. I'd still think it was stupid, but I liked Jim Carey in drag as Vera De Milo back in the day.

That's like saying that there are plenty of black bakers out there, there's no reason why a white baker can't refuse to sell to blacks..

We went over this 50 years ago, this doesn't fly.

does selling a gun to a murderer mean a "Christian" gun store owner participated in the murder?
You are not entitled to my services, period. If I don't want to bake you a cake, go f yourself.

What we have here is a failure of public accommodation in a public market and its effects on a capitalistic system.
And where do you draw the line? Bake me a cake with nazi symbols. If you don't I will sue you. Make me a cake with the words "god hates fags". Somehow I doubt you would stand up for those that wish such things. You are not "entitled" to my services. And of course the obvious, will you hold a muslim bakery to the same standard? After all, not baking a cake isn't quite the same as throwing someone off a roof.

That's like saying that there are plenty of black bakers out there, there's no reason why a white baker can't refuse to sell to blacks..

We went over this 50 years ago, this doesn't fly.
Great, force those black bakers to cater a KKK rally. Somehow, I doubt that would happen.

Forum List

Back