If State Legislators/Governor Won't Enact Rent Control, Vote Them Out

New York City Housing Authority, and the HUD from the Federal Government.
So basically every single person on the entire planet, that has access to the information relevant.... all of them are lying, and you alone, the internet poster, knows better. Because you were in a rent controlled apartment once.

Thanks. But I think I'll trust the data of the entire planet, over your "But I lived there!" argument.
It's not just me. Try 7 million people living in NYC rent control apartments RIGHT NOW, and they've been there for YEARS. :biggrin:

We've been through this topic before. However, that wasn't when I received a $96/month rent increase. For seniors, retired and barely surviving on Social Security and a pension, rent increases like $96/month (I just received one), are devastating & demoralizing.

Here we are looking for ways to increase our income, cut our costs, and along comes the dear landlord with a $96/month takeaway (less than a month advance notice).

This is like going put on the street and being mugged for $96, once a month, every month, ongoing.

People, stop crabbing about gas prices. Stop crabbing about food prices, clothing, cell phones. Those are all trivial compared to your MOST EXPENSIVE, CONSTANTLY ONGOING EXPENSE, which is HOUSING. Gas, food, et al stuff isn't going up $96/month.

You get a letter stuck in your door whining about "operational costs", and just like that, your annual operational budget is $1,152 less. Of course this letter doesn't specify what these so-called "operational costs" are, nor offer any proof that they even exist. For all we know this rent increase might be nothing more than somebody (who we never see, don't know their name) wanting more money to buy something like this >>
View attachment 928464
There is only one way to top this madness. Republicans & Democrats need to join together and enact rent control (with roll backs to 2015 levels). Over the last few years, I have seen housing rents skyrocket like nothing before in my lifetime. I moved twice to void massive rent increases, but they keep on coming, with nothing stopping them.

I recommend we call "our" state legislators & governors, and demand rent control laws, with no increases above $50/month allowed. If business owners cannot handle the costs associated with running their business, then stay out of that business. Don't be dumping costs on to the customers, especially for a commodity that people HAVE TO HAVE.
It is called "Free Enterprise". The more the Gov't TAXES ,the higher the RENT.

SOME landlords are small business owners. Many are big corporations.
And all landlords are less than .001 % of all business owners.
99.99% of businesses are not landlords.

Look -

You are one of those losers who are happy to be a thief and even happier to have the Government as an accomplice.

I get it.

Look -

You are one of those losers who are happy to be a thief and even happier to have the Government as an accomplice.

I get it.
Landlords are the thieves every time they raise the rent too much.
The government is us.
Did you flunk 6th grade ?

Last edited:
Landlords are the ultimate parasite. They bring nothing to the table. Architects design a building. Builders build it. Electricans & plumbers outfit it. That's all that's needed

But landlords step in between and take control. Nobody needs them for anything. They're just money grabbers.

Furniture stores offer Furniture, which factories MAKE. Factories MAKE clothing
, sporting goods, electronics, automobiles, boats, etc. I'm an artist. I CREATE paintings
.55 in my online gallery. What do landlords make or create ? Nothing. They are just manipulators, who use the government, to steal from us.

Landlords are the ultimate parasite. They bring nothing to the table. Architects design a building. Builders build it. Electricans & plumbers outfit it. That's all that's needed

But landlords step in between and take control. Nobody needs them for anything. They're just money grabbers.

, sporting goods, electronics, automobiles, boats, etc. I'm an artist. I CREATE paintings
.55 in my online gallery. What do landlords make or create ? Nothing. They are just manipulators, who use the government, to steal from us.

This is probably not the proper country for someone like you.

This is probably not the proper country for someone like you.
Government of the people, by the people, for the people is the proper country. Not government of the landlords.

What's YOUR vested interest ? Are you a landlord ?

No

A patriotic American who thinks that property rights matter.
I'm am not a landlord either. I am patriotic American (Army veteran), renter, and a business owner who thinks that ability to have a place to live, and ability to run a business, matter. And I don't think that anyone has a right to force people out of their homes or business, by dumping unaffordable rents on them (as has happened to me twice in the past 5 years).

And that is without being ROBBED on both of those things. Is this getting any more clear for you ?

No

A patriotic American who thinks that property rights matter.
How about people having the right to have a place to live ? Does that "matter" to you ?

How about being able to run a business without having your sales diminish a lot ? With many businesses closing down entirely.

1714058594912.png

1714058688692.png

1714058851968.png

Last edited:
It's not just me. Try 7 million people living in NYC rent control apartments RIGHT NOW, and they've been there for YEARS. :biggrin:

And they don't work.

And they don't work.

No, they've just BEEN WORKING (keeping rent down) for 100 years, for 90% of New York apartments, that's all. :rolleyes:

I've go to hand it to landlords. They spend a ton of money on propaganda, and that gets a lot of people deeply DUPED.

No, they've just BEEN WORKING (keeping rent down) for 100 years, for 90% of New York apartments, that's all. :rolleyes:

I've go to hand it to landlords. They spend a ton of money on propaganda, and that gets a lot of people deeply DUPED.

A. It hasn't been anywhere near 100 years, tard. It began in the 1960s

B. Don't comment if you're not going to read the article.

I'm am not a landlord either. I am patriotic American (Army veteran), renter, and a business owner who thinks that ability to have a place to live, and ability to run a business, matter. And I don't think that anyone has a right to force people out of their homes or business, by dumping unaffordable rents on them (as has happened to me twice in the past 5 years).

And that is without being ROBBED on both of those things. Is this getting any more clear for you ?

It was clear from the start

I see nothing from the NYC Housing authority that concludes that rent control is a bad thing. If they thought that they wouldn't be OK with thr overwhelming majority of apt bldgs that are rent controlled, and are fine (for many decades)

Same with HUD. In fact, HUD is the #1 doer of rent control in America. Some people in my bldg pay only 1/3 of what the regular rent is. Guess what agency they hook up with for that. HUD.

Why don't you go to HUD?

Lots of seniors do. One bedroom apartments are running $1500 to $2400 in Atlanta and Charleston...plus your utilities.

Are you in New York?

Then folks should not rent then. Or look around. Since the "Landlords" OWN the property , it is their RIGHT to adjust the rent accordingly. One cal always pitch a tent. They do that all the time at our Colleges.

Why don't you go to HUD?

Lots of seniors do. One bedroom apartments are running $1500 to $2400 in Atlanta and Charleston...plus your utilities.
I know people who got apartments through HUD, and they pay about $350/mo for a 1 bdrm apt. But that was before the rent explosion of 2021-2024. Now your chances of getting a HUD rent are 1 in 100,000.

Forum List

Back