If taxes go up, job creation goes down: IS DEAD WRONG

Don't forget product development.
I'll let this billionaire speak for himself against his own class:

Consumers create jobs, not rich people.

Capitalists calling themselves Job Creators is a lie.

The rich earn 100s or thousands of multiples of the income of ordinary Americans, but cannot consume thousands of more times more stuff.

A rich person owns 3 cars, not 3,000. They own several outfits, or several dozen, not 20,000 pairs of pants.

Exactly. It doesn't matter how many widgets you can *make*. It matters how many widgets you can *sell*.

And if you want to sell more widgets, you need a consumer base with the capacity to buy them.

It always amazes me these dweebs never heard of salesmen, commercials, product placement, credit cards and loans........

They act like a bunch of consumers got together and had a poll, we need a computer and abra cadabra they invented one.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."

Thomas Watson, president of IBM, 1943

The 7 Worst Tech Predictions of All Time

Remember, the basis of supply side economics is that supply creates demand.

No, that is not the basis of supply side economics. You clearly dont know what supply side economics is about. Hell, you dont know wht economics is about.

The rich earn 100s or thousands of multiples of the income of ordinary Americans, but cannot consume thousands of more times more stuff.

A rich person owns 3 cars, not 3,000. They own several outfits, or several dozen, not 20,000 pairs of pants.

Wow, you're on quite the roll today in the stuck-on-stupid department!

iStock_000017147892Medium.jpg

You have quite the obsession with :poop:

Might want to get that checked out.... just say'n.

I'm obsessed with how meaningless you are on this forum. You must be jealous I joined like a week ago and am more popular than you. More poopular.

If you mean laughed at more often than I guess you're really popular.

Exactly. It doesn't matter how many widgets you can *make*. It matters how many widgets you can *sell*.

And if you want to sell more widgets, you need a consumer base with the capacity to buy them.

It always amazes me these dweebs never heard of salesmen, commercials, product placement, credit cards and loans........

They act like a bunch of consumers got together and had a poll, we need a computer and abra cadabra they invented one.

And if you develop a product that no one wants or most people can't afford to buy.....then what?

Remember, the basis of supply side economics is that supply creates demand. Which is horseshit.

You ever hear of the term Credit Card?

And if you can't get credit? Or not enough to make the purchase? Or you don't want the product?

Again, making something doesn't mean people are going to buy it. And despite this, supply side economics is based on the idea that supplying a product CREATES demand. That a products existence alone mean people buy it.

And that's horseshit. They may not want it. They may not be able to buy it. Or both. Supply simply doesn't create demand.

Wow, you're on quite the roll today in the stuck-on-stupid department!

iStock_000017147892Medium.jpg

You have quite the obsession with :poop:

Might want to get that checked out.... just say'n.

I'm obsessed with how meaningless you are on this forum. You must be jealous I joined like a week ago and am more popular than you. More poopular.

If you mean laughed at more often than I guess you're really popular.

Poor guy. He is such a loser in real life he has to boast about being popular on an anonymous message board.
Hint: If you post stupid shit all day dont be surprised that people see low hanging fruit and pile on.
Next he;ll be telling us how food stamps stimulates the economy.

No, that is not the basis of supply side economics. You clearly dont know what supply side economics is about. Hell, you dont know wht economics is about.

Then explain it to us.

Then they have to eat the loss and try, try again. People seem to think it costs nothing to run a successful company.

And if you develop a product that no one wants or most people can't afford to buy.....then what?

Remember, the basis of supply side economics is that supply creates demand. Which is horseshit. If there's demand for a product, someone's going to make it. But a product no one wants doesn't become in demand just because you made a million more than no one wants.

Its not how much you can make. Its how much you can sell.

And to sell a product, you need a consumer that both WANTS to buy your product. And can buy your product.

And yet limits of supply due to producing electricity at a loss don't occur. Nor is it taxes that make electricity sold become unprofitable. But fluctuations in supply and demand. Contradicting your entire narrative. Twice.

Supply limits are based on increased demand. Not taxes.

Nor does increasing electricity supply increase consumer use. We daily have more supply than demand: every night. And yet consumer demand doesn't rise to meet the unused supply at night. Proving the folly of supply side economics yet again.

The government has increased tax on higher sulfur coal. Made it unprofitable. Utilities price electricity at different rates to smooth out supply use. You really have no idea what you're talking about.

Is that actually true though? Is it the tax increases that made it unprofitable? Demonstrate that with evidence, please.

All you did was prove you have no working knowledge of the subject. Educate yourself, not my job.

Then explain it to us.

I spent money to learn, all we are asking of you is to take time. Don't waste ours.

Then explain it to us.
You wouldnt believe me. Go find out for yourself and save the rest of us the trouble.

Then they have to eat the loss and try, try again. People seem to think it costs nothing to run a successful company.

Remember, the basis of supply side economics is that supply creates demand. Which is horseshit. If there's demand for a product, someone's going to make it. But a product no one wants doesn't become in demand just because you made a million more than no one wants.

Its not how much you can make. Its how much you can sell.

And to sell a product, you need a consumer that both WANTS to buy your product. And can buy your product.

Yup they bitch about a pill only costing 5 cents to make but retail for $50 bucks....

They don't have a fucking clue they spent 50 milllion bucks developing that pill.

Or how about the gazillion of dollars consumers spend on diet pills and hair growth snake oil....?????

The crap don't work yet people keep buying it from the sales department.

Then explain it to us.

I spent money to learn, all we are asking of you is to take time. Don't waste ours.

If I'm wrong, then demonstrate how I'm wrong. Instead, you're giving me excuses why you can't.

Which doesn't denote much confidence in your claims.

Then explain it to us.
You wouldnt believe me. Go find out for yourself and save the rest of us the trouble.

Ah, another 'secret argument'. Where you could totally disprove my claims and prove yourself right. But you can't. Because you have to keep your argument secret.

Its where your arguments always end up, Rabbi. Its your tell.

And yet limits of supply due to producing electricity at a loss don't occur. Nor is it taxes that make electricity sold become unprofitable. But fluctuations in supply and demand. Contradicting your entire narrative. Twice.

Supply limits are based on increased demand. Not taxes.

Nor does increasing electricity supply increase consumer use. We daily have more supply than demand: every night. And yet consumer demand doesn't rise to meet the unused supply at night. Proving the folly of supply side economics yet again.

The government has increased tax on higher sulfur coal. Made it unprofitable. Utilities price electricity at different rates to smooth out supply use. You really have no idea what you're talking about.

Is that actually true though? Is it the tax increases that made it unprofitable? Demonstrate that with evidence, please.

All you did was prove you have no working knowledge of the subject. Educate yourself, not my job.

Show me. Don't tell me.

You've certainly shown me you can make excuses.

Then explain it to us.

Ah, another 'secret argument'. Where you could totally disprove my claims and prove yourself right. But you can't. Because you have to keep your argument secret.

its not an argument, dumbshit. It is simply fact about what "supply side economics" means. You clearly do not understand it. There is this neat site called "Google" and if you type in what you want to look for it will bring back articles and stuff about it. Just make sure you find an honest account of it and not something from HuffPoo or Mother Jones. Report back when you do and cite your sources.

Then explain it to us.

its not an argument, dumbshit. It is simply fact about what "supply side economics" means.

Then it will be remarkably easy for you to demonstrate. Yet, exactly as predicted, you give me excuses why you can't.

Its the same 'secret argument' schtick that you always do, Rabbi. Where you insinuate an argument you can't actually make. Allude to evidence you don't actually have.

You clearly do not understand it. There is this neat site called "Google" and if you type in what you want to look for it will bring back articles and stuff about it. Just make sure you find an honest account of it and not something from HuffPoo or Mother Jones. Report back when you do and cite your sources.

Laughing....so its my responsibility to do the research you have never have. And to prove that you're right?

Um, no. Show me that I'm wrong. Demonstrate it.

Then explain it to us.

its not an argument, dumbshit. It is simply fact about what "supply side economics" means.

Then it will be remarkably easy for you to demonstrate. Yet, exactly as predicted, you give me excuses why you can't.

Its the same 'secret argument' schtick that you always do, Rabbi. Where you insinuate an argument you can't actually make. Allude to evidence you don't actually have.

You clearly do not understand it. There is this neat site called "Google" and if you type in what you want to look for it will bring back articles and stuff about it. Just make sure you find an honest account of it and not something from HuffPoo or Mother Jones. Report back when you do and cite your sources.

Laughing....so its my responsibility to do the research you have never have. And to prove that you're right?

Im not here to do your work for you, asshole. Go Google the topic and get back to me. I tmight take you 20 seconds to find a suitable source. Of course it will take you days to figure out what it says.

Then explain it to us.

Im not here to do your work for you, asshole. Go Google the topic and get back to me. I tmight take you 20 seconds to find a suitable source. Of course it will take you days to figure out what it says.

You're going to give me excuses why you can't back up your own claim. As you always do. Its your schtick, Rabbi. Your tell. Your white flag.

You start alluding to evidence that you don't have. Arguments you can't make.

Show me. Don't tell me.

You're going to give me excuses why you can't back up your own claim. As you always do. Its your schtick, Rabbi. Your tell. Your white flag.

Show me. Don't tell me.
In the time youve spent posting here you could have looked up an article and gotten yourself up to speed. Instead you play stupid games.
You do not care what supply side economics is You dont give a shit. You are only interested in bad mouthing conservatives. Or Republicans. Or something.
This is why you are on Iggy. I'd encourage others from this thread to do the same.

Show me. Don't tell me.
In the time youve spent posting here you could have looked up an article and gotten yourself up to speed. Instead you play stupid games.
You do not care what supply side economics is You dont give a shit. You are only interested in bad mouthing conservatives. Or Republicans. Or something.
This is why you are on Iggy. I'd encourage others from this thread to do the same.

Because I simply demand you present the argument you're insinuating? That you show us the evidence you're alluding to?

Your arguments and evidence are always rock solid and indisputable....until I ask to see them. Then they're like a fart in the wind. You lost the moment you gave us another of your 'secret evidence' arguments.

Well, with Rabbi having tucked his tail and run, here's the argument that remains pristinely unchallenged:

Again, it doesn't matter how much you can make. It matters how much you can *sell*. And sales require consumer demand. Which in turn requires the capacity to buy. That's the fatal flaw in supply side economics. As it assumes that an increased capacity to make shit means that there will be a greater market to buy shit.

That's just not true. Productivity increases do NOT increase consumer demand. And if the money associated with productivity increases isn't shared with the majority of your consumer base, you're going to squander your potential for economic growth.

We've seen one of the single largest increases of wealth increases among the 'supply siders'. And yet economic growth is still middling. As without real purchasing power increases to match productivity increases, there's no increase in the actual consumer market.

Which is why supply side economics has such a shit economic record. As when you focus your stimulus with the wealthy, they just keep the stimulus. There is zero impetus to pass it on. And their capacity to consume is limited by their comparatively small numbers.

When you focus your stimulus on the middle class, you're focusing on your consumer base with vastly greater numbers and vastly greater capacity for demand. And increasing their capacity to consume with more disposable income will increase sales.

Which is the actual engine of economic growth. Not merely the increased capacity to make something.

Forum List

Back