If Ted Cruz Was Born in Canada, He Cannot Be President: PERIOD

If it's true that Cruz was born in Canada, then he can't be President.

• Yes, that's what the Constitution says.

• No, we can make yet another exception to US Law and it won't set a dangerous precedent.

Results are only viewable after voting.
My son was born to me and a foreign mother in Prague. I being an American citizen and former resident of the US pass automatic citizenship to my children:

Naturalization Acts of 1790 and 1795[edit]
The Naturalization Act of 1790 stated that "the children of citizens of the United States, that may be born beyond sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens: Provided, That the right of citizenship shall not descend to persons whose fathers have never been resident in the United States."[22] This act was repealed by the Naturalization Act of 1795, which removed the characterization of such children as "natural born," stating that "the children of citizens of the United States, born out of the limits and jurisdiction of the United States, shall be considered as citizens of the United States" while retaining the same residency restrictions as the 1790 act.[22]

U.S. Code § 1401 - Nationals and citizens of United States at birth

The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:

(d) a person born outside of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year prior to the birth of such person, and the other of whom is a national, but not a citizen of the United States;

So, theoretically, a man who is a US soldier, who knocks up a Russian woman while he is abroad, and she gives birth and raises his child in Russia for his formative years...that child can become a US President because we consider that child "a natural born American"?

I don't believe the Russian woman qualifies as a "national." And since Cruz lived in Canada for his first 4 years, I doubt that is considered his "formative" years. Keep trying tho'.

My son was born to me and a foreign mother in Prague. I being an American citizen and former resident of the US pass automatic citizenship to my children:

The Naturalization Act of 1790 stated that "the children of citizens of the United States, that may be born beyond sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens: Provided, That the right of citizenship shall not descend to persons whose fathers have never been resident in the United States."[22] This act was repealed by the Naturalization Act of 1795, which removed the characterization of such children as "natural born," stating that "the children of citizens of the United States, born out of the limits and jurisdiction of the United States, shall be considered as citizens of the United States" while retaining the same residency restrictions as the 1790 act.[22]

Your Son can't be President. Case law regarding Goldwater, Romney, and McCain made it so.

Ted Cruz was born as a citizen of the USA. Period.

He did not have to get a passport and immigrate here.

This has been reviewed ad nauseum. If he had been born in Canada to a mother who was not a citizen it would be different.

Even if the moonbat messiah had been born in Kenya, he would still be a citizen. I loathe the air that meat muppet queer steals from us, but the arguement is moot. His birth is only shady because he was Frank Marshal Davis' bastard son, not the son of a Kenya exchange student.
You are exactly right.

As long as one parent is an American citizen and an adult as defined by the law of that time, then the child is an American citizen.

The only question about Obama was due to his mom being underage at the time of his birth, 19 when the law required 21 years of age if I recall correctly, but there is plenty of evidence he was born in Hawaii.

With all due respect, you are incorrect.

If Obama was born in Hawaii, there would be no question regarding his citizenship. However, if Obama was in fact born in Kenya, he would not be a U.S. Citizen even though his mother was. When only one of a child's parents is a U.S. Citizen, a foreign born child is not a U.S. Citizen unless the parent meets very specific legal requirements. The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, Section 301 (a)(7) shows the relevant citizenship laws in effect at the time of Barack Obama's birth:

“A person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and is outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such persons was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than ten years, at least five of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years: Provided that any periods of honorable service in the Armed Forces of the United States by such citizen parent may be included in computing the physical presence requirements of this paragraph” (Emphasis my own).

According to the cited law, if Barack was born in Kenya he would not be a U.S. citizen unless prior to his birth his mother lived in the United states for at least five years following her fourteenth birthday. This means his mother had to be at least nineteen years old prior to his birth.

However, The record shows that Ann Dunham was born on November 29, 1942 and Barack was born on August 4, 1961, several months prior to his mother's nineteenth birthday. Therefore, if Obama was born in Kenya, he is not a U.S. citizen and is ineligible to be president.

You can Google this information or you can buy a book that I believe everyone should read. The above information can be found in the book Wheres' the Birth Certificate? The Case that Barack Obama is not eligible to be President, by Jerome R. Corsi, Ph.D., p. 55. Corsi's book is well researched and contains almost 80 exhibits.
However, Obama was, indeed, born in Hawaii.

Not like we can turn back time, but his grandmother in Kenya insists he was born there.

This has been reviewed ad nauseum. If he had been born in Canada to a mother who was not a citizen it would be different.

Even if the moonbat messiah had been born in Kenya, he would still be a citizen. I loathe the air that meat muppet queer steals from us, but the arguement is moot. His birth is only shady because he was Frank Marshal Davis' bastard son, not the son of a Kenya exchange student.
You are exactly right.

As long as one parent is an American citizen and an adult as defined by the law of that time, then the child is an American citizen.

The only question about Obama was due to his mom being underage at the time of his birth, 19 when the law required 21 years of age if I recall correctly, but there is plenty of evidence he was born in Hawaii.

If Obama was born in Hawaii, there would be no question regarding his citizenship. However, if Obama was in fact born in Kenya, he would not be a U.S. Citizen even though his mother was. When only one of a child's parents is a U.S. Citizen, a foreign born child is not a U.S. Citizen unless the parent meets very specific legal requirements. The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, Section 301 (a)(7) shows the relevant citizenship laws in effect at the time of Barack Obama's birth:

“A person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and is outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such persons was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than ten years, at least five of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years: Provided that any periods of honorable service in the Armed Forces of the United States by such citizen parent may be included in computing the physical presence requirements of this paragraph” (Emphasis my own).

According to the cited law, if Barack was born in Kenya he would not be a U.S. citizen unless prior to his birth his mother lived in the United states for at least five years following her fourteenth birthday. This means his mother had to be at least nineteen years old prior to his birth.

However, The record shows that Ann Dunham was born on November 29, 1942 and Barack was born on August 4, 1961, several months prior to his mother's nineteenth birthday. Therefore, if Obama was born in Kenya, he is not a U.S. citizen and is ineligible to be president.

You can Google this information or you can buy a book that I believe everyone should read. The above information can be found in the book Wheres' the Birth Certificate? The Case that Barack Obama is not eligible to be President, by Jerome R. Corsi, Ph.D., p. 55. Corsi's book is well researched and contains almost 80 exhibits.

Not like we can turn back time, but his grandmother in Kenya insists he was born there.
:link:

Provide a valid source You can't because there is no valid information the was not born in the US. After all the investigations and scrutiny that has gone on for 8 years, you people still think you've been bamboozled. How sad.

Your Son can't be President. Case law regarding Goldwater, Romney, and McCain made it so.

Why just fathers? A mother spends more formative time with their kids hands down. Especially if the father knocked her up while on shore leave. That child can become president?

And under US law they would been citizens at birth with only one parent. Thus, citizens at birth and eligible to be president. As there is only natural born (citizen at birth) and naturalized (citizen after birth). Save in irrelevant Puerto Rico.

See, here's where your argument breaks: You're claiming causation. That BECAUSE they had two parents they were eligible. But as your laughable blunder in misquoting the constitution demonstrates, you can't can't establish any such need to have two US parents to be eligible to be president.

As the "constitution states 'parents' plural" was just meaningless horseshit you made up, wasn't it?

Where my argument works as if they were born to two parents, one parent, or in the US.

Goldwater, Romney, and McCain made it fact by establishing case law, in that all had two parents that were US citizens. If Cruz get the nomination (which isn't going to happen) he's going to get booted.

And where does it say that in law- or in the Constitution?

Just because McCain had two citizen parents doesn't mean that two citizen parents are required, any more than him being born in the Panama Canal Zone now means a Natural Born Citizen must be born in the Panama Canal Zone.

If Cruz gets nominated, he will end up on the ballot. There will be a few nutjob Birther lawsuits which will fail- because of standing. If the voters vote for Cruz, the Electoral College will elect him.

And Congress will confirm his election.

There is no 'case law' regarding Goldwater, Romney and McCain.

If Cruz gets nominated, he will end up on the ballot. There will be a few nutjob Birther lawsuits which will fail- because of standing. If the voters vote for Cruz, the Electoral College will elect him.

Even if Cruz was born to an Iranian woman by an American father, raised in Iran in his formative years, you would aver the same thing?

You are exactly right.

Well- if we are playing pretend- then there are lots of things we could play 'what if' on.

• If Cruz was born in Canada- and his mother was not a U.S. Citizen- he would not be a U.S. citizen- and we have seen no records that establish Cruz's mother was a U.S. citizen at birth.
  • If the records that show Barack Obama was born in Hawaii are assumed false- why are the records regarding the dates of Ann Dunham and Barack Obama's birth- assumed to be correct?
  • IF in the Birther alternative reality, a 17 year old Ann Dunham left her loving parents and modern Hawaii in 1961 to spend two days flying to the third world Kenya(which was just over a particularly brutal Civil war), by herself(since records show that Barack Obama Sr. didn't leave the United States in 1961) to give birth in a country where she knew no one- then alternative reality Barack Obama Jr. might not have been born a U.S. citizen- unless(remember this is all pretend since Barack Obama Jr. was born in Hawaii) Ann Dunham was not legally married. Barack Obama Sr. had been legally married in Kenya prior to coming to Hawaii- if he was still married in Kenya, according to Hawaiian law, their marriage would have been null and void- and baby Barack would have been born out of wedlock- and THEN
  • According to the 1952 Immigration Act- baby Barack in alternate reality- would still be a U.S. citizen
upload_2016-1-6_9-24-8.png

upload_2016-1-6_9-24-18.png

Finally, nothing by Jerome Corsi is 'well researched- he is a partisan hack.

Even if Cruz was born to an Iranian woman by an American father, raised in Iran in his formative years, you would aver the same thing?

Since I happen to actually believe in the U.S. Constitution and U.S. law- why would I care if Cruz was born to an Iranian woman?

Or that he was raised in Iran?

The United States Constitution has three eligibility requirements for a President- 35 years of age or older, a natural born citizen and residency in the United States for 14 years.

If Cruz is born a U.S. citizen he is a natural born citizen. If he meets the other eligiblity requirements then he is eligible- that doesn't mean he is qualified- but he is eligible.

Finally then he has to convince the voters to vote for him.

If voters think that having an Iranian mother or a Cuban father disqualifies him- then they won't vote for him- if they don't care they will not base their votes on that. You can choose to vote against Cruz just because you dislike the idea that his father was from Cuba- that is your peroragative as a voter.

But he would be eligible- and if the voters selected him- he would be legally elected.

You are exactly right.

Barack Obama has no grandmother in Kenya.

His step-grandmother in Kenya said he was born in Hawaii- when she was in Kenya.

If Obama was born in Hawaii, there would be no question regarding his citizenship. However, if Obama was in fact born in Kenya, he would not be a U.S. Citizen even though his mother was. .....

But one thing is clear; the GOP should have vetted all this well before Obama was allowed on the ballot, but once again they failed in their duty to the American Republic.

The GOP saw his birth certificate- and the GOP Director of Health of Hawaii-at the direction of the GOP Governor of Hawaii confirmed he was born in Hawaii.

The GOP vetted his eligibility just fine- just the nutjobs have steadfastly refused to believe anything other than Barack Obama Jr. could not possibly be eligible.

Rafael Eduardo Cruz was a Canadian citizen until he decided he could usurp the Presidency and renounced a couple years ago. He spent the majority of his life as a Canadian citizen. And his father was a close ally of Fidel Castro.

Where's the birth certificate Mr. Cruz? What are you hiding?
Please oh please tell me you're all kidding.
I demand a long form birth certificate!!!! :mad:

You need to contact SkankyIrishAss because her husband knows a guy that can tell if that long form is fake or not. In other words, she watched the video below. LOL!

In the firm my husband worked at previously there was an IT guy and he explained to me how the document was made and why it was a fake. After he finished there was no doubt in my mind it was a forgery

IT has nothing to do with Adobe illustrator. And any document scanned into Illustrator as a PDF will have layers. Making the presence of 'layers' proof of a 'forgery' more nonsensical gibberish.

And under US law they would been citizens at birth with only one parent. Thus, citizens at birth and eligible to be president. As there is only natural born (citizen at birth) and naturalized (citizen after birth). Save in irrelevant Puerto Rico.

See, here's where your argument breaks: You're claiming causation. That BECAUSE they had two parents they were eligible. But as your laughable blunder in misquoting the constitution demonstrates, you can't can't establish any such need to have two US parents to be eligible to be president.

As the "constitution states 'parents' plural" was just meaningless horseshit you made up, wasn't it?

Where my argument works as if they were born to two parents, one parent, or in the US.

Goldwater, Romney, and McCain made it fact by establishing case law, in that all had two parents that were US citizens. If Cruz get the nomination (which isn't going to happen) he's going to get booted.

Save that there's no case law created by any of them, as there was no case. No trial. No hearing. Nothing.

Just like the constitution doesn't state 'parents, plural', as you laughably insisted.

I think I've got your tell down: you just make shit up, hallucinating cases that don't exist, passages in the constitution that don't exist.

There is no such caselaw. You can't factually support your argument. So you're hallucinating caselaw that doesn't exist to back it.

Its one baseless claim backed by another baseless claim with you. And its turtles, all the way down.

Forum List

Back