If Ted Cruz Was Born in Canada, He Cannot Be President: PERIOD

If it's true that Cruz was born in Canada, then he can't be President.

• Yes, that's what the Constitution says.

• No, we can make yet another exception to US Law and it won't set a dangerous precedent.

Results are only viewable after voting.
images

images
images

Well slap my ass and call me Toobayga.
Why all this time I thought he was just sittin on his ass watching the video!

:lol:

Good grief. He qualifies as a natural born citizen. Just like McCain and George Romney who were both born out of the country but had American parents.

"In short, the Constitution says that the president must be a natural-born citizen.

"The weight of scholarly legal and historical opinion appears to support the notion that 'natural born Citizen' means one who is entitled under the Constitution or laws of the United States to U.S. citizenship 'at birth' or 'by birth,' including any child born 'in' the United States, the children of United States citizens born abroad, and those born abroad of one citizen parents who has met U.S. residency requirements," the CRS's Jack Maskell wrote.

So in short: Cruz is a citizen; Cruz is not naturalized; therefore Cruz is a natural-born citizen, and in any case his mother is a citizen. You can read the CRS memo at bottom; here's a much longer and more detailed 2011 version."

Yes, Ted Cruz Can Be Born in Canada and Still Become President of the U.S.

I see you still need a 2nd grader to explain what people wrote! He'll be your next president! :321:

LOL- if Trump the 'bitch' is elected by the voters, I will wish him success as a President.

Because unlike the traitorous Birthers- I always wish every President a successful Presidency- because unlike Birthers- I actually care about the United States.

That's one a hell of a mighty lie! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::asshole:

Well I hesitate to disagree with such an expert at telling lies like you are.

But no lie- unlike you- and the rest of the Birthers I always wish every President a successful Presidency- because unlike Birthers- I actually care about the United States

Doubling down on a LIE.... Good play!

Well you are the expert on doubling down on lies, Vigilante, Master of Lies.

Meanwhile- the truth

Because unlike the traitorous Birthers- I always wish every President a successful Presidency- because unlike Birthers- I actually care about the United States.
I actually backed bush after 9-11 and he used that to lie us into Iraq. I wasn't happy after 2000 elections but bush had me for two years after 9-11 and he lost me.

I would hope for the best if rubio trump Christie Cruz or jeb won. I would hope they didn't go back to bushanomics

I don't love governor Rick Snyder but he hasn't been as bad as walker.

Really I thank God a democrat has been potus. It's why I'm voting hillary and hope the dems take back the senate

And under US law they would been citizens at birth with only one parent. Thus, citizens at birth and eligible to be president. As there is only natural born (citizen at birth) and naturalized (citizen after birth). Save in irrelevant Puerto Rico.

See, here's where your argument breaks: You're claiming causation. That BECAUSE they had two parents they were eligible. But as your laughable blunder in misquoting the constitution demonstrates, you can't can't establish any such need to have two US parents to be eligible to be president.

As the "constitution states 'parents' plural" was just meaningless horseshit you made up, wasn't it?

Where my argument works as if they were born to two parents, one parent, or in the US.

Goldwater, Romney, and McCain made it fact by establishing case law, in that all had two parents that were US citizens. If Cruz get the nomination (which isn't going to happen) he's going to get booted.

Good grief. He qualifies as a natural born citizen. Just like McCain and George Romney who were both born out of the country but had American parents.

"In short, the Constitution says that the president must be a natural-born citizen.

"The weight of scholarly legal and historical opinion appears to support the notion that 'natural born Citizen' means one who is entitled under the Constitution or laws of the United States to U.S. citizenship 'at birth' or 'by birth,' including any child born 'in' the United States, the children of United States citizens born abroad, and those born abroad of one citizen parents who has met U.S. residency requirements," the CRS's Jack Maskell wrote.

So in short: Cruz is a citizen; Cruz is not naturalized; therefore Cruz is a natural-born citizen, and in any case his mother is a citizen. You can read the CRS memo at bottom; here's a much longer and more detailed 2011 version."

Yes, Ted Cruz Can Be Born in Canada and Still Become President of the U.S.

Except Goldwater (you forgot him) Romney, and McCain had two parents that were US citizens. Not so with Cruz. But the chance of him being nominated is zero.

Ted Cruz was born as a citizen of the USA. Period.

He did not have to get a passport and immigrate here.

This has been reviewed ad nauseum. If he had been born in Canada to a mother who was not a citizen it would be different.

Even if the moonbat messiah had been born in Kenya, he would still be a citizen. I loathe the air that meat muppet queer steals from us, but the arguement is moot. His birth is only shady because he was Frank Marshal Davis' bastard son, not the son of a Kenya exchange student.
You are exactly right.

As long as one parent is an American citizen and an adult as defined by the law of that time, then the child is an American citizen.

The only question about Obama was due to his mom being underage at the time of his birth, 19 when the law required 21 years of age if I recall correctly, but there is plenty of evidence he was born in Hawaii.

With all due respect, you are incorrect.

If Obama was born in Hawaii, there would be no question regarding his citizenship. However, if Obama was in fact born in Kenya, he would not be a U.S. Citizen even though his mother was. When only one of a child's parents is a U.S. Citizen, a foreign born child is not a U.S. Citizen unless the parent meets very specific legal requirements. The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, Section 301 (a)(7) shows the relevant citizenship laws in effect at the time of Barack Obama's birth:

“A person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and is outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such persons was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than ten years, at least five of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years: Provided that any periods of honorable service in the Armed Forces of the United States by such citizen parent may be included in computing the physical presence requirements of this paragraph” (Emphasis my own).

According to the cited law, if Barack was born in Kenya he would not be a U.S. citizen unless prior to his birth his mother lived in the United states for at least five years following her fourteenth birthday. This means his mother had to be at least nineteen years old prior to his birth.

However, The record shows that Ann Dunham was born on November 29, 1942 and Barack was born on August 4, 1961, several months prior to his mother's nineteenth birthday. Therefore, if Obama was born in Kenya, he is not a U.S. citizen and is ineligible to be president.

You can Google this information or you can buy a book that I believe everyone should read. The above information can be found in the book Wheres' the Birth Certificate? The Case that Barack Obama is not eligible to be President, by Jerome R. Corsi, Ph.D., p. 55. Corsi's book is well researched and contains almost 80 exhibits.

Ted Cruz was born as a citizen of the USA. Period.

He did not have to get a passport and immigrate here.

This has been reviewed ad nauseum. If he had been born in Canada to a mother who was not a citizen it would be different.

Even if the moonbat messiah had been born in Kenya, he would still be a citizen. I loathe the air that meat muppet queer steals from us, but the arguement is moot. His birth is only shady because he was Frank Marshal Davis' bastard son, not the son of a Kenya exchange student.
You are exactly right.

As long as one parent is an American citizen and an adult as defined by the law of that time, then the child is an American citizen.

The only question about Obama was due to his mom being underage at the time of his birth, 19 when the law required 21 years of age if I recall correctly, but there is plenty of evidence he was born in Hawaii.

If Obama was born in Hawaii, there would be no question regarding his citizenship. However, if Obama was in fact born in Kenya, he would not be a U.S. Citizen even though his mother was. When only one of a child's parents is a U.S. Citizen, a foreign born child is not a U.S. Citizen unless the parent meets very specific legal requirements. The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, Section 301 (a)(7) shows the relevant citizenship laws in effect at the time of Barack Obama's birth:

“A person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and is outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such persons was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than ten years, at least five of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years: Provided that any periods of honorable service in the Armed Forces of the United States by such citizen parent may be included in computing the physical presence requirements of this paragraph” (Emphasis my own).

According to the cited law, if Barack was born in Kenya he would not be a U.S. citizen unless prior to his birth his mother lived in the United states for at least five years following her fourteenth birthday. This means his mother had to be at least nineteen years old prior to his birth.

However, The record shows that Ann Dunham was born on November 29, 1942 and Barack was born on August 4, 1961, several months prior to his mother's nineteenth birthday. Therefore, if Obama was born in Kenya, he is not a U.S. citizen and is ineligible to be president.

You can Google this information or you can buy a book that I believe everyone should read. The above information can be found in the book Wheres' the Birth Certificate? The Case that Barack Obama is not eligible to be President, by Jerome R. Corsi, Ph.D., p. 55. Corsi's book is well researched and contains almost 80 exhibits.
However, Obama was, indeed, born in Hawaii.

If Obama was born in Hawaii, there would be no question regarding his citizenship. However, if Obama was in fact born in Kenya, he would not be a U.S. Citizen even though his mother was. .....
Dont see where I am incorrect in all that as you basically just reinforced what I had just stated.

Your argument, shorn of what we agree on, amounts to 'It cant be true because that would prove the opposite to be wrong.'

What evidence is there that Obama was born outside of Hawaii? I have seen nothing to that effect.

But one thing is clear; the GOP should have vetted all this well before Obama was allowed on the ballot, but once again they failed in their duty to the American Republic.

The law says "natural born American" which means the citizen was not naturalized. Those born to American citizens are "natural born" Americans regardless of location. Why is that so hard to understand?

Forum List

Back