If this video doesn't put you in tears, I don't know what will...

its not about a little girl missing her father.. that is happening all across the nation ..it is a a Christmas feel good propaganda piece .. which is no criticism of the girl her joy or her father but of the reason it is on the news,...as opposed to a Christmas video of a child's father who is not coming home..which at the end of the day would much better serve us all..ok..lm not trolling..IM giving my perspective and reaction to the video you posted and the question you posed .. on you it had the desired effect..mine was another

No, it makes me angry that parents would lie so much to their kids then tell them it's wrong to lie. No wonder so many people can justify lies in court, to the cops, even in business.

If it didn't make you cry, you're not human. It's too bad we can't bottle all that love up in a bottle and sell it to everyone. If we could, this world would be a much better place.

Good for this one little girl .. but there are a lot of little girls and boys who won't have their fathers home again ever .. and I know a 7 year old little boy who is one of them, the son of this man ..

addisonjamaalr.jpg

Jamaal Addison, the first US soldier from Georgia killed in Iraq.

His son will never know his father who is dead for lies and profit.

The reason I'm not impressed by this feel good story is because my wife and I went to Addison's mothers house, Patricia Roberts who is raising his son, Monday night making plans to take his son to the zoo during Kwanzaa.

As we talked I watched his son playing alone with a toy. He's probably the saddest little guy I've ever met. It takes effort to get him to smile.

I started to write Addison's story a couple of years ago, but it was too traumatic for his mother, so I put it on hold until she can bear talking about him.

There are countless families in Iraq whose entire families have been blown apart and I mourn for them no less.

All war is deception .. and all of its victims don't carry guns.

Last edited:
Good for this one little girl .. but there are a lot of little girls and boys who won't have their fathers home again ever .. and I know a 7 year old little boy who is one of them, the son of this man ..

addisonjamaalr.jpg

Jamaal Addison, the first US soldier from Georgia killed in Iraq.

His son will never know his father who is dead for lies and profit.

The reason I'm not impressed by this feel good story is because my wife and I went to Addison's mothers house, Patricia Roberts who is raising his son, Monday night making plans to take his son to the zoo during Kwanzaa.

As we talked I watched his son playing alone with a toy. He's probably the saddest little guy I've ever met. It takes effort to get him to smile.

I started to write Addison's story a couple of years ago, but it was too traumatic for his mother, so I put it on hold until she can bear talking about him.

There are countless families in Iraq whose entire families have been blown apart and I mourn for them no less.

All war is deception .. and all of its victims don't carry guns.

In all sincerity.. truly.. reading this brought a tear to eots eye....

It is human to lie to children ... hmm ... maybe I should claim another species then.

are you pissed that parents tell their children there is a Santa or are you referring to some other big lie parents tell? I'm confused :confused:

sweet video. At first the lil girl is unsure what she's seeing is true and then you can hear the emotion in her voice as she realizes that it really is her father.

That doesn't negate the pain and loss of other children who have lost a father OR a mother but I doubt seriously that ANY of those children would begrudge another child from having their parent home simply because they do not.

Forum List

Back