If this were a just world this bitch would be in federal prison

I thought that was the case from your insulting babble when I post.

You appear to take an internet board quite personally. Was it you who counted the time between my registration and posting today? That seems UNUSUAL.

You appear to take an internet board quite personally. Was it you who counted the time between my registration and posting today? That seems UNUSUAL.

Who ARE you talking to? There is a quote function, you know. Learn to use it so people can tell what you are babbling on about.

Remember when Nancy Pelosi said she she was willing to do anything to get Obamacare passed? Here’s a refresher:

You go through the gate. If the gate’s closed, you go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we’ll pole vault in. If that doesn't work, we’ll parachute in. But we’re going to get health care reform passed for the American people.

Well, it could be that same approach to fundraising that now has her in hot water. According to CNN, the House Minority Leader may have broken the law when she solicited donations during a speech in the Capitol building.

CNN explains:

At a Capitol Hill press conference Thursday, Pelosi was making the case for campaign finance reform and said Democrats will disclose donors to their political groups, even when the law doesn't require it.

During her comments, she said “by the way we’re asking people to contribute to us if they want to elect more reformers to Congress so we can do away with super PACs – we can do away with secret contributions.”

So what’s so odd about that statement? Well, the part where she says “we’re asking people to contribute” while standing inside the U.S. Capitol is. That’s because, as CNN notes, “The law prohibits any kind of fundraising on federal grounds.”

A Pelosi spokesman, Drew Hammil, denied any wrongdoing.

The comment was very clearly referring to our efforts to disclose, reform and amend,” he told CNN. “Reporters have repeatedly asked the Leader how to square fundraising and reform policy so that’s why she said we have to raise money to elect more reformers. That is her pitch to supporters.”

In 1997, the Clinton administration (and Al Gore) faced a probe over whether he solicited donations by making campaign phone calls from the Oval Office. The law that forbids such conduct is called the Pendleton Act.

Look, I'm about as conservative as you can get, But this is too much like democrat hair splitting pandering technicality mongering to me. Drop it.

Unless they are plastic and obedient to a male in power , Pubbies do NOT want females to have political power of ANY kind.

Really Chuckles? Tell that to Jan Brewer and Sarah Palin. You might try Condi Rice on that count too. We celebrate powerful women. Unlike democrats who think they are less qualified than community organizers. You people are the ones who went after Palin and Bachmann. How do you sleep at night spouting these lies?

Looks like none of the usual rw's have bothered to read up on Speaker Pelosi's amazing accomplishments FOR the working class.

Bizarre.

You mean like the minimum wage exemption she got for the tuna business in San Francisco?
yeah I'm sure the good people of American Samoa are really happy with her.

Pelosi was a bad choice for the Democrats as speaker. Says things that make her look the fool and is corrupt as they come IMO. Boehner is no better, he appears to have bad communication with his party and looks to be in over his head/not suited for speaker.

Well, I'm not familiar with the law in question, but I think there are a few reasons why Pelosi should not be in jail:

- She phrased her statement as a fact, not an explicit solicitation. It seems unlikely that a unanimous jury (if that were the applicable authority) could be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that her statement was intended as a solicitation.

- CNN's two political experts (the anonymous kind, apparently) concluded only that she *may* have broken the law. Again, maybe breaking the law is not enough to be convicted of breaking the law, or else almost anyone could be jailed.

- I have seen no evidence that penalties for violating this law include jail time. For all I can see, penalties could be fines or even nonexistent.

Pelosi was a bad choice for the Democrats as speaker. Says things that make her look the fool and is corrupt as they come IMO. Boehner is no better, he appears to have bad communication with his party and looks to be in over his head/not suited for speaker.
Agree on Pelosi.
Boehner is a drunk frat boy. Nuf sed.

What a STOOPID op. Nancy Pelosi is what our politics SHOULD be all about but instead, many of those in office refuse to work for their constituents because they're already employed by the 1%.

We all need to be very grateful that our Orange Golf Pro is so ineffective that he cannot do anywhere near the damage he wants to. WHY does Boehner need to consult with a radio talk show entertainer? WHY does he call lushbo for help? WHY can't he function in his job?

Bring back the REAL Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.

more mindless liberal drivel

What a STOOPID op. Nancy Pelosi is what our politics SHOULD be all about but instead, many of those in office refuse to work for their constituents because they're already employed by the 1%.

We all need to be very grateful that our Orange Golf Pro is so ineffective that he cannot do anywhere near the damage he wants to. WHY does Boehner need to consult with a radio talk show entertainer? WHY does he call lushbo for help? WHY can't he function in his job?

I swear I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it myself. You really are stupider than TDM.

Sheeple,sir,thats all they are.they can morally equate whats evil on our side.

When i look up the word **** in the dictionary i see i picture of pelosi beside it .

geezus.....she sure stuck a flag in your ass......are you serious?....

geezus.....she sure stuck a flag in your ass......are you serious?....

Yea, ludd supports corruption and amorality. Such is the state of our country. 'As long as we get 'free' stuff, we don't care that you are a traitor to your country and steal from others to pay for my 'free' stuff'.

Pelosi says she is for the working class but stays in hotels that cost 10K a night . She should be in jail for insider trading

Forum List

Back