If Trump OK's A FBI Investigation Will Kavanaugh Withdraw?

Consider just one possible scenario. FBI talks to Mark Judge and when asked about the alleged attack on Dr. Ford about his knowledge concerning her allegations, time after time he pleads the 5th regarding self incrimination or opens himself to. To the question he was at that house that night with Kavanaugh, he again pleads the 5th. Or any of a 100 different questions pertaining to the facts of that night in 1982, Judge does seeks Constitutional protection against self incrimination OR in some manner places Kavanaugh in that house on that night.

But, OH NO! Judge has said he will now speak to the FBI. Could he sink Kavanaugh's Battleship all by himself? And this says nothing about Deborah Ramirez's allegations or Julie Swetnick's claims when other FBI agents talk to them and others with material evidence!

What a mess this nomination has devolved into because of piss poor vetting by Trump & Company! Some sane person needs tell Brett Kavanaugh to withdraw and save his wife and daughters yet more grief and sorrow!
Does it not seem odd that Kavenaugh has not strongly asked for an FBI investigation? His accuser did. If he has nothing to hide, why has he not requested an investigation also? Seems like he should have demanded one (to clear his "good" name.)
Another example of his partisanship, if you ask me. He is not about to say anything contrary to the Republican majority that will hopefully confirm him. And as of yesterday, the Republicans were dead set against an investigation.

I don't know how many times it has been explained to you, it is a stalling tactic.

Both Kav. and the GOP are afraid if they have another pointless investigation and it turns up nothing, if it is only a partisan witch hunt to stall the process till after the election, then the seats will change enough to deny the nomination.

What else do you need to know?

Now, if a deal could be struck, that if absolutely nothing is found, that the Dems. would guarantee to vote for him, regardless of who wins the election? I'd bet both the GOP and Kav. would say, investigate all you want.

But I'm willing to bet the Dems. don't want to make any such guarantee, b/c they plan to vote against him regardless, so what is the point?
Pretty sensibly, the Dems wanted the investigation BEFORE the Judiciary Committee made their decision. That was not allowed. Now this bass-ackwards investigation will do nothing, as you point out. I don't believe the investigation was a stalling tactic. It was to try and get to the bottom of these allegations by three women about Kavanaugh's behavior as a teenager.

He lost my support with his behavior at the hearing on Thursday. He's too partisan to be on the Supreme Court at this point, no matter whose fault it is that he's gotten that bitter. That a man supposedly that intelligent would buy the whole nine yards of a Breitbart Conspiracy Special ? Pathetic.

Trump orders FBI to investigate Kavanaugh amid sexual misconduct allegations

President Donald Trump on Friday ordered the FBI to conduct an additional background investigation of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, who faces several sexual misconduct allegations.

"I've ordered the FBI to conduct a supplemental investigation to update Judge Kavanaugh’s file," Trump said in a statement. "As the Senate has requested, this update must be limited in scope and completed in less than one week."

Trump’s action followed an extraordinary call from several key Republican senators to enlist the FBI to gather more information about the alleged incidents involving Kavanaugh when he was in high school and college before the Senate holds a vote on his confirmation.

What does "limited in scope" mean?
Doesn't matter. The FBI will go where the facts lead them.

What will happen with this investigation is that it will delay the confirmation for at least another week. It really doesn't matter if Kav is as clean as a hound's tooth, no liberals will support him.

But before there is a vote, there will be another accuser coming forward. Since the rumors are becoming crazier and crazier, the new accusation was that Kav was a pimp in high school and the matter needed investigation, and how about another week.

It really doesn't matter how untrue the bullshit stories are, the goal of Schumer, Feinstein, etc. is just to extend the process past the election.

Once we are past the election, the Democrats hope they will get a majority in the Senate and that will be the end of confirmations for the rest of Trump's First Term.
Why are some of you so convinced that there will be more accusers? You must really believe he's guilty, because these women aren't lying.

President Donald Trump on Friday ordered the FBI to conduct an additional background investigation of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, who faces several sexual misconduct allegations.

"I've ordered the FBI to conduct a supplemental investigation to update Judge Kavanaugh’s file," Trump said in a statement. "As the Senate has requested, this update must be limited in scope and completed in less than one week."

Trump’s action followed an extraordinary call from several key Republican senators to enlist the FBI to gather more information about the alleged incidents involving Kavanaugh when he was in high school and college before the Senate holds a vote on his confirmation.

What will happen with this investigation is that it will delay the confirmation for at least another week. It really doesn't matter if Kav is as clean as a hound's tooth, no liberals will support him.

But before there is a vote, there will be another accuser coming forward. Since the rumors are becoming crazier and crazier, the new accusation was that Kav was a pimp in high school and the matter needed investigation, and how about another week.

It really doesn't matter how untrue the bullshit stories are, the goal of Schumer, Feinstein, etc. is just to extend the process past the election.

Once we are past the election, the Democrats hope they will get a majority in the Senate and that will be the end of confirmations for the rest of Trump's First Term.
Why are some of you so convinced that there will be more accusers? You must really believe he's guilty, because these women aren't lying.

Julie Swetnick at least is a known liar. She sexually harassed a couple of men at work and when she was sued, she counter-sued on THEM. Then the charges were dropped. She lied in that job about graduating from Johns Hopkins.

Former Employer Sued Third Kavanaugh Accuser For Sexual Harassment Allegations

So. How do you know the other women are not lying? There is no evidence to back up Ford. Not even her parents are backing her, did you know that?

How do you know these women aren't lying?

I for one, don't believe for a second that Mr. Kavanaugh and Mr. Judge hosted weekly Rape Train Parties in a fancy capital area neighborhood. The story against Kav just doesn't make sense to me.

If it turns out Kavanaugh has been lying, you can expect the tards to start claiming the FBI is working for George Soros. Easyt65 will start eleventy topics claiming the FBI director is working for North Korea.

So, if in a week the FBI says it was much ado about nothing, will you then demand another investigation or will you abide by their findings?
I actually want a conservative judge on the court. Very much so.

After watching Kavanaugh's behavior for the past week, he strikes me as a very weak-minded person. A follower. Christ, you could hear Trump's words coming out of his mouth when he accepted the nomination at the White House. When he said Trump had talked to more people and done more research about his nomination that had ever been done by any President in American history, I busted out laughing. You could almost see Trump's hand in the back of his suit, and Donald's lips moving! :lol:

You oddly enough keep dodging the question...So, if in a week the FBI says it was much ado about nothing, will you then demand another investigation or will you abide by their findings?
No, I will not demand another investigation.

If they find Kavanaugh was lying, will you abide by their findings and demand his nomination be withdrawn?

I seriously doubt they are going to find anything to show that Kavanaugh is lying. The subject involves a house with 6 people in it in the summer of 1982 according Mrs. Ford. The other known people in that house besides Mrs. Ford have already said they have no memory of this party. The only other witness to the alleged assault in the actual room is allegedly Mark Judge who has already said he had never seen Kavanagh do anything like this EVER. He said that under oath and goes to jail if he retracts that. The entire alleged event lasted at most a couple of minutes. What exactly do you think the FBI is going to find that we already don't know? What, there was camera in the ceiling that recorded the entire episode back in the summer of 1982? As to the particular event at Mrs. Ford alleges, its her VS two other people, Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh. Its what she says vs what they say. What other evidence is the FBI going to find from a 2 minute event 36 years ago?
At this point, we've pretty much exhausted the Ford accusations. This investigation is to look at Kavanaugh's behavior as a teenager. Was he really as big a heller as some classmates say he was, or was he more a typical teenager who once in awhile went to a party and drank too much?

And in the end, should that behavior as a teenager impact his ability to sit on the Supreme Court? I don't think so, but his attitude and demeanor at the hearing Thursday killed any sympathy I had for the man. He does not belong on the Supreme Court. I wouldn't want him coaching my daughters, either. He's a mini-Trump and an asshole.

And in the end, should that behavior as a teenager impact his ability to sit on the Supreme Court? I don't think so, but his attitude and demeanor at the hearing Thursday killed any sympathy I had for the man. He does not belong on the Supreme Court. I wouldn't want him coaching my daughters, either. He's a mini-Trump and an asshole.

Mr. Kavanaugh's attitude and demeanor on Thursday showed me that he was just very angry over the Liberal attack on his life, his career and his family. A lot of men would be angry under those circumstances, and I don't think it makes them "assholes"

So, if in a week the FBI says it was much ado about nothing, will you then demand another investigation or will you abide by their findings?

After watching Kavanaugh's behavior for the past week, he strikes me as a very weak-minded person. A follower. Christ, you could hear Trump's words coming out of his mouth when he accepted the nomination at the White House. When he said Trump had talked to more people and done more research about his nomination that had ever been done by any President in American history, I busted out laughing. You could almost see Trump's hand in the back of his suit, and Donald's lips moving! :lol:

You oddly enough keep dodging the question...So, if in a week the FBI says it was much ado about nothing, will you then demand another investigation or will you abide by their findings?

If they find Kavanaugh was lying, will you abide by their findings and demand his nomination be withdrawn?

I seriously doubt they are going to find anything to show that Kavanaugh is lying. The subject involves a house with 6 people in it in the summer of 1982 according Mrs. Ford. The other known people in that house besides Mrs. Ford have already said they have no memory of this party. The only other witness to the alleged assault in the actual room is allegedly Mark Judge who has already said he had never seen Kavanagh do anything like this EVER. He said that under oath and goes to jail if he retracts that. The entire alleged event lasted at most a couple of minutes. What exactly do you think the FBI is going to find that we already don't know? What, there was camera in the ceiling that recorded the entire episode back in the summer of 1982? As to the particular event at Mrs. Ford alleges, its her VS two other people, Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh. Its what she says vs what they say. What other evidence is the FBI going to find from a 2 minute event 36 years ago?
At this point, we've pretty much exhausted the Ford accusations. This investigation is to look at Kavanaugh's behavior as a teenager. Was he really as big a heller as some classmates say he was, or was he more a typical teenager who once in awhile went to a party and drank too much?

The FBI is not going to investigate his "behavior" as a teenager--what are you talking about? They are investigating the Ford matter. For a week.

Obviously you saw what you saw at the hearing. I saw a man who was falsely accused of rape--even gang rape--and had saw his wife, daughters and parents go through hell. Who may never get his life back as a result. You didn't like his DEMEANOR as a result.

Really? His demeanor?

You people are too much, just too much.

Mr. Kavanaugh's attitude and demeanor on Thursday showed me that he was just very angry over the Liberal attack on his life, his career and his family. A lot of men would be angry under those circumstances, and I don't think it makes them "assholes"

I thought he was too polite.

Consider just one possible scenario. FBI talks to Mark Judge and when asked about the alleged attack on Dr. Ford about his knowledge concerning her allegations, time after time he pleads the 5th regarding self incrimination or opens himself to. To the question he was at that house that night with Kavanaugh, he again pleads the 5th. Or any of a 100 different questions pertaining to the facts of that night in 1982, Judge does seeks Constitutional protection against self incrimination OR in some manner places Kavanaugh in that house on that night.

But, OH NO! Judge has said he will now speak to the FBI. Could he sink Kavanaugh's Battleship all by himself? And this says nothing about Deborah Ramirez's allegations or Julie Swetnick's claims when other FBI agents talk to them and others with material evidence!

What a mess this nomination has devolved into because of piss poor vetting by Trump & Company! Some sane person needs tell Brett Kavanaugh to withdraw and save his wife and daughters yet more grief and sorrow!
Does it not seem odd that Kavenaugh has not strongly asked for an FBI investigation? His accuser did. If he has nothing to hide, why has he not requested an investigation also? Seems like he should have demanded one (to clear his "good" name.)
Another example of his partisanship, if you ask me. He is not about to say anything contrary to the Republican majority that will hopefully confirm him. And as of yesterday, the Republicans were dead set against an investigation.

I don't know how many times it has been explained to you, it is a stalling tactic.

Both Kav. and the GOP are afraid if they have another pointless investigation and it turns up nothing, if it is only a partisan witch hunt to stall the process till after the election, then the seats will change enough to deny the nomination.

Now, if a deal could be struck, that if absolutely nothing is found, that the Dems. would guarantee to vote for him, regardless of who wins the election? I'd bet both the GOP and Kav. would say, investigate all you want.

But I'm willing to bet the Dems. don't want to make any such guarantee, b/c they plan to vote against him regardless, so what is the point?
Pretty sensibly, the Dems wanted the investigation BEFORE the Judiciary Committee made their decision. That was not allowed. Now this bass-ackwards investigation will do nothing, as you point out. I don't believe the investigation was a stalling tactic. It was to try and get to the bottom of these allegations by three women about Kavanaugh's behavior as a teenager.

He lost my support with his behavior at the hearing on Thursday. He's too partisan to be on the Supreme Court at this point, no matter whose fault it is that he's gotten that bitter. That a man supposedly that intelligent would buy the whole nine yards of a Breitbart Conspiracy Special ? Pathetic.

No, they pulled the accusations out at the last possible second to muck up the nomination. As was said over and over, if they REALLY wanted the FBI investigation--which by the way, is pretty much useless, they're only going to investigate what has already been interviewed--they could have done it when DiFi rec'd the letter. What they WANTED was to end his nomination.

We all know this. And they don't care if they destroy Kav is the process, or upend Ford's entire life.

THese are YOUR people.

This is YOUR awful party.

Deal with it.

Obviously you saw what you saw at the hearing. I saw a man who was falsely accused of rape--even gang rape--and had saw his wife, daughters and parents go through hell. Who may never get his life back as a result. You didn't like his DEMEANOR as a result.

Really? His demeanor?

Who the hell is going to want the job after they saw how Kavanaugh's reputation was destroyed? If some asshole asked me about my notations in my high school yearbook in an inquisition, I would tell them politely to "fuck off", and that's if the asshole was a broad.

The only candidates that will be left will be those who will launch into the Liberal Liars on Day One and keep focused on it. Kavanaugh was VERY polite, he should have asked Blumenthal about his service in Vietnam and Booker about his attempted rapery in High School and ask them where they have the moral authority to question anyone

I'm going to come back to this because it's really disgusting.

An asshole. Really? Why? What makes him an asshole? Explain yourself.

Really? His demeanor?

Who the hell is going to want the job after they saw how Kavanaugh's reputation was destroyed? If some asshole asked me about my notations in my high school yearbook in an inquisition, I would tell them politely to "fuck off", and that's if the asshole was a broad.

The only candidates that will be left will be those who will launch into the Liberal Liars on Day One and keep focused on it. Kavanaugh was VERY polite, he should have asked Blumenthal about his service in Vietnam and Booker about his attempted rapery in High School and ask them where they have the moral authority to question anyone

No, the only ones left will be their side--and this is what they want. Because on OUR side, they will go back to high school. HIGH SCHOOL.

And people I thought were decent, like Old Lady, she thinks this is cool. She thinks this is just fine. This man has been accused of GANG RAPE and has had to explain this to his daughters and she worried about his "demeanor", I swear to you. His "demeanor".

You want to know why this nation is toast? This is why. Our morality is done. Lost and gone.

That is the dumbest thing I have read on this topic yet. Being a teenager that drank too much does not impact your ability to do anything as an adult

That is the dumbest thing I have read on this topic yet. Being a teenager that drank too much does not impact your ability to do anything as an adult

Obama's alleged and reported use of Hard Drugs including cocaine as a teenager and leader of Honolulu's notorious Choom Gang had no impact on his effectiveness as president. Although that was probably overstated by Bill Ayers, the author of Obama's autobiography.

Regardless of how this all went down, I'm beginning to agree with you. . .

Mark Judge’s book validates Christine Blasey Ford’s timeline of the alleged Kavanaugh assault

They are convinced because they know he has a pattern of this sort of behavior when he was wasted as a youth. He all but admitted it under oath. Back then, he couldn't control what he did when he was young and wasted. It pretty much seems to be a pattern.

I'm willing to bet, since then, he has given up binge drinking. I wouldn't be surprised if his wife made him. :abgg2q.jpg:

I understand angry. I don't understand his smart ass comments and obfuscation in answering questions. That attitude was flippant, disrespectful and not the demeanor I would expect from someone wanting to hear the most important cases in our country.

They are convinced because they know he has a pattern of this sort of behavior when he was wasted as a youth. He all but admitted it under oath. Back then, he couldn't control what he did when he was young and wasted. It pretty much seems to be a pattern.

I'm willing to bet, since then, he has given up binge drinking. I wouldn't be surprised if his wife made him. :abgg2q.jpg:
Makes sense. If he was an alcoholic, the FBI would have known a long time ago.

When you conquer reading for understanding, get back to me.

Forum List

Back