If Trump OK's A FBI Investigation Will Kavanaugh Withdraw?

And in the end, should that behavior as a teenager impact his ability to sit on the Supreme Court? I don't think so, but his attitude and demeanor at the hearing Thursday killed any sympathy I had for the man. He does not belong on the Supreme Court. I wouldn't want him coaching my daughters, either. He's a mini-Trump and an asshole.

Mr. Kavanaugh's attitude and demeanor on Thursday showed me that he was just very angry over the Liberal attack on his life, his career and his family. A lot of men would be angry under those circumstances, and I don't think it makes them "assholes"
I understand angry. I don't understand his smart ass comments and obfuscation in answering questions. That attitude was flippant, disrespectful and not the demeanor I would expect from someone wanting to hear the most important cases in our country.

Kav thought the questions being posed to him were disrespectful and the gentleman responds to disrespect with more disrespect.

I actually want a conservative judge on the court. Very much so.

After watching Kavanaugh's behavior for the past week, he strikes me as a very weak-minded person. A follower. Christ, you could hear Trump's words coming out of his mouth when he accepted the nomination at the White House. When he said Trump had talked to more people and done more research about his nomination that had ever been done by any President in American history, I busted out laughing. You could almost see Trump's hand in the back of his suit, and Donald's lips moving! :lol:

You oddly enough keep dodging the question...So, if in a week the FBI says it was much ado about nothing, will you then demand another investigation or will you abide by their findings?
No, I will not demand another investigation.

If they find Kavanaugh was lying, will you abide by their findings and demand his nomination be withdrawn?

I seriously doubt they are going to find anything to show that Kavanaugh is lying. The subject involves a house with 6 people in it in the summer of 1982 according Mrs. Ford. The other known people in that house besides Mrs. Ford have already said they have no memory of this party. The only other witness to the alleged assault in the actual room is allegedly Mark Judge who has already said he had never seen Kavanagh do anything like this EVER. He said that under oath and goes to jail if he retracts that. The entire alleged event lasted at most a couple of minutes. What exactly do you think the FBI is going to find that we already don't know? What, there was camera in the ceiling that recorded the entire episode back in the summer of 1982? As to the particular event at Mrs. Ford alleges, its her VS two other people, Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh. Its what she says vs what they say. What other evidence is the FBI going to find from a 2 minute event 36 years ago?
At this point, we've pretty much exhausted the Ford accusations. This investigation is to look at Kavanaugh's behavior as a teenager. Was he really as big a heller as some classmates say he was, or was he more a typical teenager who once in awhile went to a party and drank too much?

And in the end, should that behavior as a teenager impact his ability to sit on the Supreme Court? I don't think so, but his attitude and demeanor at the hearing Thursday killed any sympathy I had for the man. He does not belong on the Supreme Court. I wouldn't want him coaching my daughters, either. He's a mini-Trump and an asshole.

The FBI is not going to investigate his "behavior" as a teenager--what are you talking about? They are investigating the Ford matter. For a week.

Obviously you saw what you saw at the hearing. I saw a man who was falsely accused of rape--even gang rape--and had saw his wife, daughters and parents go through hell. Who may never get his life back as a result. You didn't like his DEMEANOR as a result.

Really? His demeanor?

You people are too much, just too much.
I understand how outraged he must feel. You, however, are saying the behavior we all watched on Thursday from Kavanaugh was fine, no problem. I don't like the bombastic, wise ass twittering type bullshit that Trump uses for "communication" and I'll be damned if I'll excuse it in an SC justice.
That's just me.
You get to tolerate whatever you like.

If Trump were smart, which we all know he is NOT smart, Trump would have nominated the most conservative female judge candidate for the SCOTUS justice position; why?

He could have had a nominee that:
1. is very conservative
2. been perceived as a positive to women's issues which could be very appealing in our current time
3. most likely would never be accused of a sexual assault

Trump fucked up by choosing Kavanaugh = NOT smart

Mr. Kavanaugh's attitude and demeanor on Thursday showed me that he was just very angry over the Liberal attack on his life, his career and his family. A lot of men would be angry under those circumstances, and I don't think it makes them "assholes"
I understand angry. I don't understand his smart ass comments and obfuscation in answering questions. That attitude was flippant, disrespectful and not the demeanor I would expect from someone wanting to hear the most important cases in our country.

Kav thought the questions being posed to him were disrespectful and the gentleman responds to disrespect with more disrespect.
The questions were meant to get to the root of the allegations, which is what a hearing is for, I thought.

The questions were meant to get to the root of the allegations, which is what a hearing is for, I thought.

That's not the way the judge saw it at all. Mr. Kavanaugh saw the question not as a quest for truth but as a provocation designed to destroy his family and his reputation.

Considering the fact that Kavanaugh is a judge by profession and has seen and ruled on enough lines of questioning in his day, his opinion on this matter carries a lot of weight.

Trump orders FBI to investigate Kavanaugh amid sexual misconduct allegations

President Donald Trump on Friday ordered the FBI to conduct an additional background investigation of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, who faces several sexual misconduct allegations.

"I've ordered the FBI to conduct a supplemental investigation to update Judge Kavanaugh’s file," Trump said in a statement. "As the Senate has requested, this update must be limited in scope and completed in less than one week."

Trump’s action followed an extraordinary call from several key Republican senators to enlist the FBI to gather more information about the alleged incidents involving Kavanaugh when he was in high school and college before the Senate holds a vote on his confirmation.

What does "limited in scope" mean?
Doesn't matter. The FBI will go where the facts lead them.

So, if in a week the FBI says it was much ado about nothing, will you then demand another investigation or will you abide by their findings?

None of it matters, not one Dem vote will be gained. This is ALL about delaying, without question. Your Constitution is under attack.

If he isn't cleared Flake, Collins and Murkowski won't vote yes.

Consider just one possible scenario. FBI talks to Mark Judge and when asked about the alleged attack on Dr. Ford about his knowledge concerning her allegations, time after time he pleads the 5th regarding self incrimination or opens himself to. To the question he was at that house that night with Kavanaugh, he again pleads the 5th. Or any of a 100 different questions pertaining to the facts of that night in 1982, Judge does seeks Constitutional protection against self incrimination OR in some manner places Kavanaugh in that house on that night.

But, OH NO! Judge has said he will now speak to the FBI. Could he sink Kavanaugh's Battleship all by himself? And this says nothing about Deborah Ramirez's allegations or Julie Swetnick's claims when other FBI agents talk to them and others with material evidence!

What a mess this nomination has devolved into because of piss poor vetting by Trump & Company! Some sane person needs tell Brett Kavanaugh to withdraw and save his wife and daughters yet more grief and sorrow!

Dianne Feinstein could have had the FBI investigating this as early as August, but she and her staff waited to the last minute to bring this all up in order to try and thwart the Kavanaugh's nomination.

Mark Judge has already said he has NEVER seen Kavanaugh behave in such a way in his entire life. He would go to jail now if he retracts that.

None of the people, its either four or six people, who were alleged to have been at the house in the summer of 1982 remember this party, event, or alleged crime.

Kavanaugh has a record of what he was doing every day in the Summer of 1982. A personal diary recorded on a calander Mrs. Ford thinks this incident might of occurred in the summer of 1982 but is not positive, cannot name who's house she was at, how she got there, or how she got home. Mrs. Ford has an allegation with no evidence from anyone or anything in the year that this is alleged to have happened.

The Democrats will get a ONE WEEK of fishing for stuff on Kavanaugh. If all they have are unsubstantiated allegations at the end of that week still, then there is a good probability Kavanaugh will confirmed by the Senate in a 50 to 50 vote with the tie broken by Mike Pence. If he loses, it will be a 49 to 51 vote with Susan Collins being the deciding vote against Kavanaugh.

Kavanaugh has already been accused of attempted rape and gang rape. Unless the Democrats dig up that he is also an alleged serial killer, who won't be sparing his family anything by withdrawing. His name is already forever tarnished by this unsubstantiated allegation do to the mass media coverage and his wife and daughters will be suffering anyways. As a lesson to his daughters about the importance of standing up for yourself as well as the how we value the "PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE", I don' think he will withdraw. He is going to fight. So far based on the evidence in this case, he is winning, and has a good probability of being confirmed although it is not definite.

FALSE! Senator Feinstein could NOT have had the FBI investigating this as early as August - BECAUSE Dr. Christine Blasey Ford wanted to remain ANONYMOUS. It wasn't until her name was LEAKED that Dr. Ford went public.
False, The Chinese Senator from California could have taken it to the FBI at any time and kept her identity secret.

President Donald Trump on Friday ordered the FBI to conduct an additional background investigation of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, who faces several sexual misconduct allegations.

"I've ordered the FBI to conduct a supplemental investigation to update Judge Kavanaugh’s file," Trump said in a statement. "As the Senate has requested, this update must be limited in scope and completed in less than one week."

Trump’s action followed an extraordinary call from several key Republican senators to enlist the FBI to gather more information about the alleged incidents involving Kavanaugh when he was in high school and college before the Senate holds a vote on his confirmation.

It means that all the false flags the Democrats have been flying won't factor in on their investigation; which will be limited to the accusation of the night in question.

No letters about drinking.

No calendars that prove nothing.

Just where the party was held, who was there, and who witnessed the assault.

Sucks to be a Ford right now.

So, if in a week the FBI says it was much ado about nothing, will you then demand another investigation or will you abide by their findings?

None of it matters, not one Dem vote will be gained. This is ALL about delaying, without question. Your Constitution is under attack.

Those three might not anyhow. There is no guarantees here.

In any event, Ultraliberal justices like Kangan and Sotomayor got plenty of Republican votes. The real question is whether this will get Dem votes for Kav.

That's not the way the judge saw it at all. Mr. Kavanaugh saw the question not as a quest for truth but as a provocation designed to destroy his family and his reputation.

Considering the fact that Kavanaugh is a judge by profession and has seen and ruled on enough lines of questioning in his day, his opinion on this matter carries a lot of weight.
As a judge, he would have immediately and summarily slapped down any witness who responded like that to questioning. Wouldn't he? You know he would. That is not how one conducts oneself in a court room, or in such an august hearing.

Consider just one possible scenario. FBI talks to Mark Judge and when asked about the alleged attack on Dr. Ford about his knowledge concerning her allegations, time after time he pleads the 5th regarding self incrimination or opens himself to. To the question he was at that house that night with Kavanaugh, he again pleads the 5th. Or any of a 100 different questions pertaining to the facts of that night in 1982, Judge does seeks Constitutional protection against self incrimination OR in some manner places Kavanaugh in that house on that night.

But, OH NO! Judge has said he will now speak to the FBI. Could he sink Kavanaugh's Battleship all by himself? And this says nothing about Deborah Ramirez's allegations or Julie Swetnick's claims when other FBI agents talk to them and others with material evidence!

What a mess this nomination has devolved into because of piss poor vetting by Trump & Company! Some sane person needs tell Brett Kavanaugh to withdraw and save his wife and daughters yet more grief and sorrow!

It's not a criminal investigation, Judges is going to say the same thing he said in his statements.

Kavanaugh isn't going to withdraw.

What if goes both ways, so its possible one of Fords friends could admit to the FBI she called them trying to persuade them to support her story, or the FBI could dig into all the information she deleted from her social media. They could also interview some of her former students who have said she is a nut job and vindictive. They could also dig into who leaked her letter since everyone including Ford has denied releasing the letter to the media.

Keep in mind BK has been investigated by the FBI 6 times for background checks. How many times do you think Ford, Ramirez or Swetnick have been investigated by the FBI? It's likely more will be discovered about these women than will be discovered about BK.

The FBI know they have a credibility problem, so don't expect them to find anything beyond what has already come out.

Those three might not anyhow. There is no guarantees here.

In any event, Ultraliberal justices like Kangan and Sotomayor got plenty of Republican votes. The real question is whether this will get Dem votes for Kav.
If there are Dems who don't have concerns about his court record and don't have any problems with his demeanor, I hope they do. Is it even possible to produce a nominee from the Federalist list that they would accept? I wonder.

Dianne Feinstein could have had the FBI investigating this as early as August, but she and her staff waited to the last minute to bring this all up in order to try and thwart the Kavanaugh's nomination.

Mark Judge has already said he has NEVER seen Kavanaugh behave in such a way in his entire life. He would go to jail now if he retracts that.

None of the people, its either four or six people, who were alleged to have been at the house in the summer of 1982 remember this party, event, or alleged crime.

Kavanaugh has a record of what he was doing every day in the Summer of 1982. A personal diary recorded on a calander Mrs. Ford thinks this incident might of occurred in the summer of 1982 but is not positive, cannot name who's house she was at, how she got there, or how she got home. Mrs. Ford has an allegation with no evidence from anyone or anything in the year that this is alleged to have happened.

The Democrats will get a ONE WEEK of fishing for stuff on Kavanaugh. If all they have are unsubstantiated allegations at the end of that week still, then there is a good probability Kavanaugh will confirmed by the Senate in a 50 to 50 vote with the tie broken by Mike Pence. If he loses, it will be a 49 to 51 vote with Susan Collins being the deciding vote against Kavanaugh.

Kavanaugh has already been accused of attempted rape and gang rape. Unless the Democrats dig up that he is also an alleged serial killer, who won't be sparing his family anything by withdrawing. His name is already forever tarnished by this unsubstantiated allegation do to the mass media coverage and his wife and daughters will be suffering anyways. As a lesson to his daughters about the importance of standing up for yourself as well as the how we value the "PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE", I don' think he will withdraw. He is going to fight. So far based on the evidence in this case, he is winning, and has a good probability of being confirmed although it is not definite.

FALSE! Senator Feinstein could NOT have had the FBI investigating this as early as August - BECAUSE Dr. Christine Blasey Ford wanted to remain ANONYMOUS. It wasn't until her name was LEAKED that Dr. Ford went public.
False, The Chinese Senator from California could have taken it to the FBI at any time and kept her identity secret.
Secret from whom? Not without knowing who she was, or when it happened? Really?

As a judge, he would have immediately and summarily slapped down any witness who responded like that to questioning. Wouldn't he? You know he would. That is not how one conducts oneself in a court room, or in such an august hearing.

As a judge, if a lawyer questioned a witness like these Left Wing Senators questioned him, he would hold the lawyers in contempt.

Collins wants to vote yes, I think. If she was leaning toward no, I think she would have hinted at that already. Collins is no doubt keeping in mind that this all happened when he was a teenager. If there is nothing in his adult life to cause concern, she will probably vote yes. Can we please remember that Collins IS a Republican?

From the public. Please, use your head before replying.

The FBI is under no obligation to inform the public of ANY investigation they are conducting. The Chinese Senator from California could easily have talked to the FBI and have them do an investitagion in confidentiality to determine if the ladies alleged memories have any validity.

She chose to divide America as her masters in Bejing wanted her to do.

As a judge, if a lawyer questioned a witness like these Left Wing Senators questioned him, he would hold the lawyers in contempt.
Did you WATCH the hearings? They were hard questions, but I did not hear anything out of line. I might have missed something, though. What specifically do you refer to?

Is it even possible to produce a nominee from the Federalist list that they would accept? I wonder.

I don't wonder at all, the Democrats attacked the nominee for this Supreme court appointment before Kavanaugh's name was even mentioned.

No one would have been acceptable.

If that Amy broad had been picked, she wouldn't have been accepted either. Neither would Judge Roy Moore ,neither would have anyone else.

From the public. Please, use your head before replying.

The FBI is under no obligation to inform the public of ANY investigation they are conducting. The Chinese Senator from California could easily have talked to the FBI and have them do an investitagion in confidentiality to determine if the ladies alleged memories have any validity.

She chose to divide America as her masters in Bejing wanted her to do.
The problem with that is that Feinstein was respecting Ford's request to NOT TELL ANYONE who she was. That included the FBI.

The problem with that is that Feinstein was respecting Ford's request to NOT TELL ANYONE who she was. That included the FBI.

You don't know that, you only know that's what Feinstein said in her self serving statement.

Making an assumption that the senator was acting in good faith, even though there is a lot of evidence to suggest that the woman's goal from the start was to torpedo the nomination no matter who was nominated, is quite the leap in faith.

Forum List

Back