If walls won't work...why do so many secure places have walls???

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Folks....I had to take a drive out towards the north part of town today and passed by the Charleston Air Force Base. It had walls all around it. So does the Charleston jail.

I jog our beautiful downtown bridge often and it overlooks historic Charleston harbor. The harbor the real pirate Blackbeard blockaded. And it contains Fort Sumter....massive island fort in the middle of the harbor. Huge walls.

Can't help but wonder.....why do places that want to be secure almost all have walls? And why do liberals oppose America having walls?

Folks....I had to take a drive out towards the north part of town today and passed by the Charleston Air Force Base. It had walls all around it. So does the Charleston jail.

I jog our beautiful downtown bridge often and it overlooks historic Charleston harbor. The harbor the real pirate Blackbeard blockaded. And it contains Fort Sumter....massive island fort in the middle of the harbor. Huge walls.

Can't help but wonder.....why do places that want to be secure almost all have walls? And why do liberals oppose America having walls?

And these walls are a thousand miles long and 35 feet high and run along rivers and private property and places with no roads that would allow building material access and no maintenance --- right?

/thread

Some folks are curiously stubborn when it comes to acknowledging successful solutions. The anti wall crowd is like the anti abstinence crowd. Little details like abstaining from sexual intercourse virtually guaranteeing no pregnancy, just isn't compelling evidence to them. So it is with the humble wall too. Closed zippers and closed walls have much in common.

We have these things now, they're called airplanes. Maybe you've heard of them?

Some folks are curiously stubborn when it comes to acknowledging successful solutions. The anti wall crowd is like the anti abstinence crowd. Little details like abstaining from sexual intercourse virtually guaranteeing no pregnancy, just isn't compelling evidence to them. So it is with the humble wall too. Closed zippers and closed walls have much in common.

Did you attend Bristol Palin's lecture?

And these walls are a thousand miles long and 35 feet high and run along rivers and private property and places with no roads that would allow building material access and no maintenance --- right?

/thread

Build a road.

We have these things now, they're called airplanes. Maybe you've heard of them?

So?

/thread

Easy. Ancient China did it. So you're saying modern America can't do what ancient China did??

As to the private property....I'm no legal expert on curtilage regarding a border like some cities have with roads. But 2 words fix the private property debate: Eminent domain.

You cannot tell me a few farmers on the border can stop the world's lone superpower from securing it's borders can you? (Hint: they cant)

/thread

Build a road.

Yep. Mention a wall and all of a sudden libs think we are ancient cavemen who can't even build a birdhouse.

No roads? Build some.
Need a wall? Build it.

It's so easy.

Who?

/thread

Easy. Ancient China did it. So you're saying modern America can't do what ancient China did??

As to the private property....I'm no legal expert on curtilage regarding a border like some cities have with roads. But 2 words fix the private property debate: Eminent domain.

You cannot tell me a few farmers on the border can stop the world's lone superpower from securing it's borders can you? (Hint: they cant)

Nice touch, the way you ignored 18 minutes of video and all the salient points except for the two words "private property". As if shutting your eyes real tight and going "la la la" makes the cost of a bare minimum of 25 billion (not including maintenance) go away, makes the course of two rivers go away, makes the necessity of building roads to bring in those materials go away, makes the fact that Mexico ain't no way José paying for a fucking wall go away, and makes the fact that illegals are more derived from air travel and overstaying visas and not scaling a border wall, go away.

You run with that. Let us know if it ever works.

No shit, you asshats that just buy this song and dance hook line and sinker are like children waiting for the freaking tooth fairy.

/thread

Nice touch, the way you ignored 18 minutes of video and all the salient points except for the two words "private property". As if shutting your eyes real tight and going "la la la" makes the cost of a minimum of 25 billion (not including maintenance) go away, makes the course of two rivers go away, makes the necessity of building roads to bring in those materials go away, makes the fact that Mexico ain't no way José paying for a fucking wall go away, and makes the fact that illegals are more derived from air travel and overstaying visas and not scaling a border wall, go away.

No shit, you asshats that just buy this song and dance hook line and sinker are like children waiting for the freaking tooth fairy.

We never said building a wall was the ONLY immigration reform. We will stop visa violations also.

Private property is a non-issue. Eminent domain.

We are getting close to being able to go to Mars. And you say we cant build a long ass concrete wall in a desert???

Who?

That's exactly what I would say, if I were you.

/thread

Nice touch, the way you ignored 18 minutes of video and all the salient points except for the two words "private property". As if shutting your eyes real tight and going "la la la" makes the cost of a bare minimum of 25 billion (not including maintenance) go away, makes the course of two rivers go away, makes the necessity of building roads to bring in those materials go away, makes the fact that Mexico ain't no way José paying for a fucking wall go away, and makes the fact that illegals are more derived from air travel and overstaying visas and not scaling a border wall, go away.

I'm going to start my own business making ladders, ropes, and shovels.

Who?

That's exactly what I would say, if I were you.
Evidently, you can't think of anything to say when you step outside of the FZ womb.

/thread

--------------------------------------------- do some research on the Alaska highway built in the 30s and early 40s while the USA fought 2 wars on 2 fronts . Usa went through forests , rivers , lake , swamps , perma frost to build that and all the time used 30s and early 40s equipment and techniques Pogo . Highway was 1700 miles long and was built in sweltering summer weather and 50 below zero winter weather Pogo !! There were no delivery roads unless the equipment delivery roads were built by the Highway builders Pogo .

/thread

Hundreds of thousands of people died creating that "Great Wall" that is useless in modern times.

As far as eminent domain, try telling thousands of Texans that their property rights don't matter because the government said so. Those protesters in Oregon would be proud.

Forum List

Back